Someone broke into our home last night!

Options

Replies

• doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    OH no! That is crazy! We have a hard wired security system and an 80lb boxer now, because something similar (though not nearly as scary) happend to us! I will be praying for you and yours- Thank the Lord everyone is safe.
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    God Bless You!! My home has been burglarized twice, and I know what a violated feeling it can cause. Best of luck to you and your family.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I would be terrified. Thank God for protecting your family. Hope the police are able to help.
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that. It is scary to even think about something like that happening. May God bless you and keep you. Prayers to you from this part of the world.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    That is shocking. I couldn't imagine how you must feel. I caught a theif trying to steel my tractor a few years ago, but that was outside and I was armed and my neighbor is highway patroll. If someone got inside, I don't know how I would react.

I hope they catch the person (I hope the goblin resist too).

Do you know how they got in?

Another thought, I can see the person crapping their pants when you got home. I hope that scared them enough to stay away.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh my land, that is so scarey!! I'm so glad your family and daughter are all right. No doubt God was watching out for your family. I hope the police can figure out who did that. God bless you. :flowerforyou:
  • superdre
    superdre Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    OMG! so sorry to hear about someone violating your home. Definitely get the police involved. I will pray that God guard your house and family... I am glad that your family is ok!
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    How awful!! I am glad to hear that you were all safe, and I hope those b*astards get caught. I'll be adding you to my prayers!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad everyone is okay, and pray it wasn't a target on your daughter. I hope you guys can quickly find peace!

It makes me SO angry that people think they have the right to violate others like this, we have experienced this so much in the last year or so, my husbands store repeatedly broke into, his truck behind the store. People braking into our home when we didn't live here cause it was being remodeled. My son robbed at gun point walking home one night. it's just all so frustrating, you think one person got in trouble, Nope. Too many of these creeps get away with it all the time, so it just keeps continuing.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! I am praying for you and your family. Please keep us informed on what the police are doing and if they find out who was in your house. I am so shook up for you guys but grateul no one got hurt. I am glad you are getting an alarm system and calling your daughters school.
  • mowrynation
    Options
    God was certainly watching over you and your family! I would definitely call the police and have them investigate. This is a good wakeup call for all of us, we should all be aware of our surroundings. There have been a few instances like yours in our town as well, a few years ago. It is unsettling.
  • luciamrg
    luciamrg Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm glad everyone is safe and I hope those people get caught.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    That is horrific! I pray you can somehow find a good nights rest soon.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    How awful and stressful!!
    If that happened to me I'd be sure to tell ALL of my neighbors..so they could be on the lookout and they also will note and notice things and be on alert. I would tell all of the kids in my house- so that they wouldn't remain silent if they saw something out of the ordinary. I'd also consider having your daughter stay with her father for a few extra days or off schedule so that if someone *is* casing your family- your patterns will be inconsistent. In fact, I'm paranoid enough, that I'd start doing things at odd times and randomly just so that people watching wouldn't have an easy way to determine how my schedule flows.
    I hope you and your family are safe!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    PLEASE keep us updated...im so relieved for your safety but scared for you at the same time...call the school, dont scare her but remind her about being uber aware of her surroundings, etc. *hugs*
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Whoa. That's crazy to know they were still in the house after you went to sleep. Thankfully, nothing extremely bad happened, but the shock of knowing that fact can be an unfortunately traumatic experience. Definitely invest in a security system as soon as you can. It's very possible that they may come back if they know your home has no security. There is no price on the safety of your family. My home has been broken into many times and our security system alerted the police to come and investigate. How long it took them to arrive, we don't know, but each time it happened, there was no loss and minimal damage to the actual interior, except for the front door. We now have cameras that overlook the perimeter of our house too.

You have my deepest sympathy. Glad your family is safe.
  • MannAmanda
    Options
    OMG! So glad you and your family are okay! Lot's of Light, love and Energy heading your way.
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    So the police say they aren't coming because nothing was taken, well ok then. But they are going to put an extra officer on patrol near our house. We live WAY off the beaten path. Calling security guy right now. Thanks for the prayers everybody.♥
  • monicaP413
    monicaP413 Posts: 165
    Options
    OMG!!! How scary!! and what a violation of your space!! My prayers are with your family! I am so sorry this is happening to you!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    So the police say they aren't coming because nothing was taken, well ok then. But they are going to put an extra officer on patrol near our house. We live WAY off the beaten path. Calling security guy right now. Thanks for the prayers everybody.♥

Wow, I don't understand how this stuff works sometimes.

Praying for you and your family.