My boob almost killed me!!

Options

Replies

• rockabyesarojane
    Options
    The gals on Biggest Loser wear the Enell brand and that's what I have. It works wonderfully!

OH I AM SOOO LOOKING INTO THIS!
  • yorkpatties
    Options
    When I run I have to wear 2. The first one is really tight and the 2nd one is really supportive. It's almost like not having boobs at all! LoL

Good brand name doesn't mean anything for me. I have Nike ones and it's like they are strictly for fashion, that's why I layer it with a Victoria's Secret one.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Try two sports bras. That's what I do, it's made a big difference :).

Thanks I will try this before I spend big money on a good sports bra...if I can use the ones from walmart it will save me some money!

Do what I do - wear a "regular" bra under a tight sports bra. Then wear a workout top with a built-in shelf bra. All in all, you're wearing 3 layers of support, and really only having to buy 1 bra (the workout top and regular bra you probably already have!).
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    I'm a 42G and can't find a sports bra big enough that will hold the girls...I know, I know...I just wear my regular bra and hold the girls with my arms (shrug)
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I had to have a look just for the mention of boob's ( ue school boy giggle) , But I never realised that they could be such a pain I will now be more thoughtful
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    OK so I started jillian michaels 30 day shred yesterday and have found out I need to invest in better sports bras. Jumping jack are not for fat people with big boobs and crappy sports bras. Had to learn the hard way tho I suppose....now to recover.....
    You can form a support group with the ShakeWeight users and name yourself the Black Eye'd Club.
  • Poehlerbear1983
    Options
    $66 for the enell bra....but i am so gonna buy one after easter when i have some money for it.....unless I can get my mom to invest :) who knows she is all about me losing weight and I know she is having a hard time with her boobs too lol
  • Poehlerbear1983
    Options
    OK so I started jillian michaels 30 day shred yesterday and have found out I need to invest in better sports bras. Jumping jack are not for fat people with big boobs and crappy sports bras. Had to learn the hard way tho I suppose....now to recover.....
    You can form a support group with the ShakeWeight users and name yourself the Black Eye'd Club.

LMAO!!!! :laugh:
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I always wear 2 sports bras when I work out. I bought them both at Target so I didn't spend too much $$$ on them. The first one I put on is seamless because I have actually chaffed so bad from a seam I wore the skin off on the underside. I didn't really feel it until I got in the shower and the water hit it. OUCH!!! The second one really helps control the girls a little better.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    We will never know how many guys were attracted to this thread.......
  • skhny
    skhny Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I find a good sports bra and one of those workout tank tops that have the built in support really hold the girls inplace for me!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I use fruit of the loom sports bras from walmart...if the girls still bounce, double up...they're $15 for three (canadian)
  • Poehlerbear1983
    Options
    I use fruit of the loom sports bras from walmart...if the girls still bounce, double up...they're $15 for three (canadian)
    thats what I have...i am gonna try doubling or tripling up for my work out tomorrow!!
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I've tried sports bras from SheActive, some from Sweatshop, and my last few from eBay. The SheActive and Sweatshop bras £20+, while the eBay ones were about £5. They're brilliant; very supportive.:D These ones; --> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150547075160&var=450017965509&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

That said, I'm not sure how well they'd work for larger ladies. I'm a 34C.

Incidentally, sports bra pros and cons (considering I wear them for a krav maga class which is me and twenty blokes);

Pros
    - reduced bounce.

Cons
    - Nipples clearly visible when cold.
  • Poehlerbear1983
    Options

Pros
    - reduced bounce.

Cons
    - Nipples clearly visible when cold.

I dont think I am very cold when I exercise so I guess the visable nipples wouldnt be a problem for me LOL!!!
  • Tonika44137
    Tonika44137 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My co worker wears her regualar bra and a sports bra but she buys her sports bra a size smaller so it fits more snug. I wear a sports bra with a built in sports bra on my workout shirt. I just bought 2 Danskin sports bras from Walmart yesterday for 9.84ech, they're really comfortable and snug fitting. Good luck
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    $66 for the enell bra....but i am so gonna buy one after easter when i have some money for it.....unless I can get my mom to invest :) who knows she is all about me losing weight and I know she is having a hard time with her boobs too lol

Check Ebay, sometimes they have 'flawed' ones on there cheaper. Like the sizing might be wrong or there's a minor defect. I got mine on Ebay for $38 and I can't even tell what the 'flaw' is. Be sure to check the description in case the sizing is wrong. Oh and I'd also recommend buying a size or two smaller than what you think you need. I bought a size 5 and needed a smaller size within a month. Bought a 3 that was very tight when I first got it but now it's perfect. They are supposed to be super tight anyway, you have to tuck and hook, tuck and hook....LOL
  • Poehlerbear1983
    Options

Check Ebay, sometimes they have 'flawed' ones on there cheaper. Like the sizing might be wrong or there's a minor defect. I got mine on Ebay for $38 and I can't even tell what the 'flaw' is. Be sure to check the description in case the sizing is wrong. Oh and I'd also recommend buying a size or two smaller than what you think you need. I bought a size 5 and needed a smaller size within a month. Bought a 3 that was very tight when I first got it but now it's perfect. They are supposed to be super tight anyway, you have to tuck and hook, tuck and hook....LOL

yeah I would be a 5 right now so i would prolly buy a 4 just to be safe
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Thankfully, my mom has some type of stretchy harness/wrap thing she bought from Bally's years ago. I told her it was a national emergency (okay so I exaggerated a bit, lol) and that I needed to use it for workouts. I think it's supposed to go around your stomach but I use it to hold my boobs down.

I was thankful that she had it because during my workouts my boobs were flapping around like an American flag on a windy day. :noway:
    I suggest buying some sort of bandage wrap to hold yours down. Believe me, it is an awesome feeling when you are jumping around and your boobs aren't flying in the opposite direction from the rest of your body.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Ya gotta love being roughed up by your own boobs. I nearly got a black eye! (I kid, I kid!) I did get smacked around though! I still do whenever I do any kind of high impact movements. I don't have a sports bra!