Laughing cow

Options
Froggy1976
Froggy1976 Posts: 472
Laughing cow cheeses have been a life saver. I have craved a rich and creamy sauce, over pasta, over anything! I am also a big fan of gravy....any kind, country, brown it doesnt matter. I have found though that a wedge of laughing cow light swiss or light french onion melted over a cup of mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots are my favorite) will cure my craving and at only 35 calories per wedge it's soooo much better than alfredo sauce.

Replies

• inkdgirl
    inkdgirl Posts: 79
    Options
    For me it is a lil wedge of heaven!

Im eating one right now.. i cannot get enough of it!
  • anythingworthdoing
    Options
    The herbed flavor is really good with some sauteed veggies in scrambled eggs in the morning. It makes a delicious quasi-omelette. I cube it into little pieces and then toss it in the pan for the last couple of minutes after the eggs have set. Try it!
  • skinnygirlfreed
    Options
    Get the herbed kind & spread on a lower calorie tortilla. Add a little bit of pizza sauce & maybe some turkey pepperoni & microwave for about 20-30 seconds. Roll it up for a quick little pizza roll-up!

Love that stuff!
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheeses have been a life saver. I have craved a rich and creamy sauce, over pasta, over anything! I am also a big fan of gravy....any kind, country, brown it doesnt matter. I have found though that a wedge of laughing cow light swiss or light french onion melted over a cup of mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots are my favorite) will cure my craving and at only 35 calories per wedge it's soooo much better than alfredo sauce.

That's a great idea! Way to think outside the box. I love the Laughing Cow wedge, so I will have to try that some time.
  • AQHAShowgirl
    AQHAShowgirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So do you melt it before you put it on the veggies, or is the heat from the veggies enough??
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I LOVE laughing cow cheese!!!!!!!! I put it on rice cakes and triscuits a lot but I want to start putting it on celery and stuff too :)
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    Queso Fresco and Chipotle is my favorite. Helps with my cheese fix.
  • Lori07
    Lori07 Posts: 136
    Options
    My grocery store only carries the original I may have to go looking around for the other ones.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I just used a cube of the Laughing Cow Herb cheese on a turkey sandwich! It was really good :)
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I have found that I have replaced mayo with laughing cow.....

Also when I don't have time...and heat up a chicken breast....that a wedge of the chesse....really helps the chicken!!!

It's great.......
  • sunshinesukie
    sunshinesukie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love laughing cow and use them in all kinds of things, didn't know theycame in other flavours though! You've opened up a whole new world to me now LOL!!:bigsmile:
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Great Tip, Thanks :o)
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It is amazing, isn't it? I love to eat the Swiss with grapes or apples. The blue cheese is good too. I have these mini sweet peppers right now and have been stuffing them with it. yum!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I LOVE laughing cow cheese!!!!!!!! I put it on rice cakes and triscuits a lot but I want to start putting it on celery and stuff too :)

I hadn't thought about using it for celery! good idea!
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    It doesn't take much heat to melt them. I steamed some veggies last night for my lunch today and threw a wedge into the container with it. About 30 seconds in the microwave and a little shake had all the veggies coated nicely!
  • mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I melt french onion LC over pasta then throw in a couple tablespoons of nonfat sour cream. I call it adult mac and cheese!
  • asdawkins
    asdawkins Posts: 23
    Options
    They are great, love all the flavors!!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I've have never seen the flavoured ones, have any of my fellow Canucks ever come across them? Or are they just not available in Canada? :o(
  • AQHAShowgirl
    Options
    It doesn't take much heat to melt them. I steamed some veggies last night for my lunch today and threw a wedge into the container with it. About 30 seconds in the microwave and a little shake had all the veggies coated nicely!

Super. I'll have to give that a try.
  • AQHAShowgirl
    Options
    I've have never seen the flavoured ones, have any of my fellow Canucks ever come across them? Or are they just not available in Canada? :o(

I live in Alberta and have seen some of the flavored ones at the Super Wal-Mart and Safeway in the gourmet food section. Happy hunting!!