MFP Runner Club - July 15

Options
pmkelly409
pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
Good Morning Everyone!!

I posted so late last night so I will post again - Did my 6 miles last night even after chasing the 7 y.o.'s around all day at camp! I am still holding tight at just over a 10 minute pace - feels like that is where my body/breathing has settled for now - which is fine for me!! Body Pump class and 3 miles tonight after camp kiddy is over!

I read all your posts yesterday and congrats to everyone for such a great day!!

Happy Tuesday everyone - I will miss you again today!

:heart: Tricia

Replies

• pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!

I posted so late last night so I will post again - Did my 6 miles last night even after chasing the 7 y.o.'s around all day at camp! I am still holding tight at just over a 10 minute pace - feels like that is where my body/breathing has settled for now - which is fine for me!! Body Pump class and 3 miles tonight after camp kiddy is over!

I read all your posts yesterday and congrats to everyone for such a great day!!

Happy Tuesday everyone - I will miss you again today!

:heart: Tricia
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO TRICIA! :drinker: 10 min miles are pretty darn good girl! hope campy kiddy is fun! :wink:

well today I'm heading out in a bit, its my day off and the weather chick said its a PLEASANT DAY out LOW HUMIDITY, soooo I'm hoping for at least 4 miles....4.5....do I hear 5:huh: :bigsmile: If I don't decide to take my kiddo in the jogger I'm going for it! lol!!! (wish me luck!)

yesterday no running, but did salsa/merengue for about 45 mins w/ my son LOL....believe me its a workout....but sooo fun.

I hope you all have a great day and I'll keep poppin in when aquaboy takes breaks from the yard and pool....:wink:

hugs!
    ali :drinker:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I got out for a run this morning. Planned on running 4 miles but decided half way through to do 5 miles instead. I wanted to run forever this morning but unfortunately had to get home.:grumble:

Tricia, We miss you too! :heart: Way to go on your 6 miles, especially after chasing kids all day!
    Have fun tonight!

Have a great day!
    Mireille
  • Aprilxlirpa
    Options
    Good morning to all!!
    I woke up this morning and my legs were kind of sore! I decided to skip a morning run and do intervals at the gym on my lunch hour. They'll help increase my speed which is what I need right now.
    Man, I remember when I couldrun 5 miles with no thought. I'll get there soon again!!
    Hope everyone has a great day!
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Good morning.

I did 1 hour of Kenpo karate this morning. I was so tired when my alarm went off at 4:00 a.m., but the workout was invigorating.

I hope everyone has a great day!
    JD
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I did 1 hour of Kenpo karate this morning. I was so tired when my alarm went off at 4:00 a.m., but the workout was invigorating.

JD

woot woot JD! that must have been an awesome workout!:drinker:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

JD

4am!!!
    Wow, I thought I had it touch getting up at 5:00am. You totally rock!
    Do you wake up this early everyday to workout?
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No running but I did an hour of spinning. Tomorrow is bootcamp but the some of the group want to do a 5k tomorrow night. I may sign up after I talk to the hubby. I must be crazy.
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Wow! You guys are so inspiring!

J.D. - You Rock! 4 AM?! There is absolutely no way I could get up at the hour. If I do, it better be because I am getting ready to go on a airplane to some exotic island. Unfortunately I have inherited any windfalls lately so no such trips are planned for me....so I sleep!

I think I am taking today off. I had such a hard run on Sunday that I should have taken yesterday off but I didn't. I was only able to push out 2 miles yesterday due to severe knee pain. I don't wear knee braces as you suggested Shannon but I might check into that.

I think I will take the kids to the Zoo today. I should take some pictures of us so that I can finally post some on my profile. I will have to work on that. I love looking at all of your guys' pictures.

Have a great day everyone!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I think I am taking today off. I had such a hard run on Sunday that I should have taken yesterday off but I didn't. I was only able to push out 2 miles yesterday due to severe knee pain. I don't wear knee braces as you suggested Shannon but I might check into that.

buckeyebabe, if you have knee pain you should not run. Let yourself heal so you don't make it worse. there will always be another day to run. Trust me on this one. :wink:

Enjoy your day at the zoo with your kids. I love going there until you have to explain why the bigger giraffe is on top of the smaller giraffe to the little ones while everyone else stares. :noway:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Good morning.

JD

4am!!!
    Wow, I thought I had it touch getting up at 5:00am. You totally rock!
    Do you wake up this early everyday to workout?
    I have to be at work between 6 and 6:30, so that is when I do my workouts almost everyday. My wife hates it because I disturb the dogs and then they disturb her!
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Mireille - I love those days when you just feel like you can run forever! They are so refreshing!

Tonight is an easy 2- to 3-mile run for me.

My right calf has been hurting me for a few weeks now. It's like my muscle is super tight. It seems to get irritated when driving (pushing on the gas pedal), doing walking lunges, walking long distances, etc. Even after taking a few days off from working out, it is back to being sore again. I stretch my calves a lot, and I don't know what else to do. Any advice?
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    [/quote]
    buckeyebabe, if you have knee pain you should not run. Let yourself heal so you don't make it worse. there will always be another day to run. Trust me on this one. :wink:

Enjoy your day at the zoo with your kids. I love going there until you have to explain why the bigger giraffe is on top of the smaller giraffe to the little ones while everyone else stares. :noway:
    [/quote]

The mommy is trying to scratch the little ones back....right!?!?!?:laugh: At least that's what I would be saying!! Either that or the mommy giraffe is trying to get a piggy back on the little one. My younger kids buy it but my daughter who is 12 just stares looks at me with contempt and the does the teenage eye roll!! I told her once in a similiar situation that if she wanted to explain it to them (honestly) that she could....HA! The thought mortified her so that was a bonus!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I haven't been in here for a long time. I just wanted to update you fine runners that I haven't given up because of shin splints, in fact, they no longer exist :drinker:

I have done so well improving on my jogging that yesterday I was up to 17 minutes straight without stopping. Actually 17 minutes and 30 seconds, every second counts right?

Today I will up it another minute and try to jog for 18 minutes. I can't wait until I can do the entire 30 minutes without stopping.

Anyways, you guys rock! :heart:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Awesome workouts already, you guys are awesome! :smooched:

No runs for me today, but may go for a bike ride or do a workout tape tonight. All of your cross training inspires me. :smooched: (thanks, Trish!)
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I have my run this evening. I'll probably go about 6. I have my race this weekend!! Can't wait!!!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I have my run this evening. I'll probably go about 6. I have my race this weekend!! Can't wait!!!

How far is your race? :smile:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Everyone!!! I am the newborn of the group here, barely making baby steps, but we all have to start somewhere, right?

Just wanted to share that yesterday during my training session at the Y, I ran twice around the track and was winded but ready to move right into the next exercise. Plus I wasn't at a crawling pace like I was on Friday...woohoo!!! I know it is nothing compared to you major mile markers, but it is a start :drinker:

Hope you each have a great day!!! :smile:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Everyone!!! I am the newborn of the group here, barely making baby steps, but we all have to start somewhere, right?

Just wanted to share that yesterday during my training session at the Y, I ran twice around the track and was winded but ready to move right into the next exercise. Plus I wasn't at a crawling pace like I was on Friday...woohoo!!! I know it is nothing compared to you major mile markers, but it is a start :drinker:

Hope you each have a great day!!! :smile:

Woot!! That's great, wtg!! :drinker:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Good morning!

I got out for a run this morning. Planned on running 4 miles but decided half way through to do 5 miles instead. I wanted to run forever this morning but unfortunately had to get home.:grumble:

Tricia, We miss you too! :heart: Way to go on your 6 miles, especially after chasing kids all day!
    Have fun tonight!

Have a great day!
    Mireille
    I love those days, I call them Forest Gump days.