NOT LOSING

Options
2»

Replies

• Codygirlslim
    Options
    Maybe have a day where you whatever you want and not think about the calories. On several gym inductions i've had that is the advice that the instructor has given me. I've also read a bit on the message boards etc about cheat days/meals giving a metabolism boost. Not sure how right this is but maybe look into it as a possibility.

I've heard that too, about cheat days. I limit myself to one every month/month and a half. I've been on MFP since Feb 2011 (approx. a month and a half ago) but I have been seriously working on losing weight since the beginning of Dec. 2010 (before that I went to the gym about twice a week and burned far less than 1000 per attendance). So far I've had one real cheat day. There was ONE time I had a slice of cake (it was my brothers birthday) but I burned 2000 calories at the gym the next day to work it off.
  • Codygirlslim
    Options
    (Quote went through before I was able to attach my 2 cents!) Cheat days are for real, but ONLY after you are set in your new healthy eating regimine. So don't do those for about 6-7 wks, then one cheat day spikes your calories fooling your bodies metabolism. I don't understand how it works, just that it does. Do not do this until you are certain you can come back from a cheat day. And by "cheat" it isn't an all day thing... it's more like a "cheat meal". You just spike your calories up by about 500 or so. Then go back to your same caloric intake the very next day. I save mine for date night. I'm very judicious about where those cal's are coming from...healthy cal's. I have to agree with everyone else about the amount that your eating...way too low darlin. Good luck!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Newfiedan,

Actually your previous post also sounds like my story-) I indeed reduced "fat" products I eat. I don't know if it's healthy fat or not. But earlier I was the biggest fan of cheese but I now I don't eat it-I just don't want it. The same with all oil salad dressing- I just don't want it.

Feel free to read my diary (it's a lot of work though-I eat a lot-)))

And I would appreciate any advices especially on what to eat after exercising.

Diana-

Just my $.02 after a quick look at your diary- you do def need to eat more and I would recommend putting more of it at breakfast if you can. Before noone you only have like 100 calories- that's not a good way to get your body going.

(I usually recommend eggs, but a lot of people don't like them so I recommend a light home fry-- 1 small-medium potato with some veggies, pam and spices and maybe a dash of ketchup or something if you feel up to it. Or for something faster- a slice of Cinnamon rasin bread and 2 tbsp of peanut butter- or nutty butter of your choice)

Definitiely try to eat all of your goal calories, or most of them. The equation on your home page:

GOAL FOOD -(minus) EXERCISE =(equals) NET

Your goal everyday should be to eat enough that your NET number equals the GOAL.
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would first get my thyroid checked. If it's okay, I would STOP exercising at all. Just eat 1200 cal a day for a couple of weeks or even a month, and see what happens. (This may not help, though because you may have completely messed with your metabolism from eating so little, so you may have to eat anything and everything for a while until your metabolism gets back to normal.) Once you start losing weight without exercise, then gradually add in exercise, but make sure your NET is still at least 1200.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Newfiedan,

Actually your previous post also sounds like my story-) I indeed reduced "fat" products I eat. I don't know if it's healthy fat or not. But earlier I was the biggest fan of cheese but I now I don't eat it-I just don't want it. The same with all oil salad dressing- I just don't want it.

Feel free to read my diary (it's a lot of work though-I eat a lot-)))

And I would appreciate any advices especially on what to eat after exercising.
    pm sent to you.
  • staceylr777
    Options
    I WAS WONDERING HOW SOON WILL I SEE WEIGHT LOSS AFTER STARTING A 1200 CALORIE A DIET AND WALKING 2 MILES A DAY
  • staceylr777
    Options
    :yawn:
    I WAS WONDERING HOW SOON WILL I SEE WEIGHT LOSS AFTER STARTING A 1200 CALORIE A DIET AND WALKING 2 MILES A DAY
  • Skinnyme87
    Options
    If your working out that hard seriously you need to eat more. Think of it as fuel for your body. The more you are burning the more your body will need. Try it for a few weeks you would be surprised!