What is your favorite low cal Ice Cream?

Options
2»

Replies

• lpummell73
    lpummell73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i like the sugar free popcicles with ice cream....25 cal i think.
  • cpanzeri
    cpanzeri Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just bought my local supermarket light brand. It is 130 cals for1/2 cup. I got banana moonpie flavor and it was scrumptious!!! L
    I love me some moonpies!!
  • GinoATC
    GinoATC Posts: 60
    Options
    What's so bad about corn syrup?
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    What's so bad about corn syrup?

There is a difference between high fructose corn syrup and just regular corn syrup. Corn syrup itself is a stabilizer and thickening agent that while it is not naturally occurring, it is not nearly as harmful to your health as HFCS. HFCS is made in a laboratory (to be nice) and does awful things to your blood sugar and I don't care how many "studies" come out that say it is the same as sugar - it is much sweeter and affects your body differently AND I have seen how it is made and it makes me gag. You will find corn syrup itself in just about anything that needs to be thickened or preserved. In the natural products, there are alternatives to it, I believe guar gum is one, but I am not 100% on that.
  • mtab1234
    mtab1234 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow makes a 100 calorie Truffle bar made with french vanilla ice cream 2.5 g fat 3g fiber. It's a healthy alternative to ice cream and it taste good. Go to www.skinnycow.com to get the "skinny" on other low cal treats and promotions. Enjoy! :wink: