What would you do with $201 Million dollars?

Options

Replies

• UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Roll around in it naked . . . that is a heck of a pile I would imagine!

You are MUCH BOLDER than I! I am a germophobe and suspect that money is crawling w/ germs! :laugh:

Great answers!
    A lot of 'live life to the fullest' and also 'giver' types here! And combinations of both - my fave!
    YAY! You all never disappoint! :glasses:
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    buy a big house here, and a big house in France. Travel to lots of awesome places and help out my friends and family x
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Pay off bills acquired.
    Put 25% in a 401K
    10% give to family, daughters, parents, and a few others.
    Start a retirement staphling for both my daughters that will draw good interest-Trust Fund.
    20% to my choice of charities ( Japan would be my 1st choice right now)
    Buy both daughter's a house of their choice and car of their choice-paying 5 yrs in advance for insurance.
    Buy myself the house, land of my dreams, the horses I want to have, and me a new truck and car.
    Horse Camp for Theraputic Care for the handicap and mental disabilities.
    Start a Horse Rescue Unit- where they can be brought and cared for and loved, till they take that last ride off into the sunset..

Wow... if dreams could come true...
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I am a pretty simple guy so I would just make sure my family was comfortable for the rest of our lives. I am not flashy so no big cars or nothign liek that. I would sow half of it into programs for abused kids and programs to help single parents. I can say from experience it is not easy beign both parents to a your kids while trying to hold down a job and still be involved in everything they do. I would def want to help fund programs that made that easier.
  • IanGiles
    IanGiles Posts: 54
    Options
    I'd become Charlie Sheen...
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Clear my mortgage and bills, clear my brothers mortgage and bills. Keep about $1 million for myself to cover for "unforeseen circumstances" and then invest the remainder in a Charitable Trust to ensure an annual donation to numerous charities that are close to my heart.
  • Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    favorite charities, invest, pay off debt, pay off family's debt, get a new car and house and a vacation house.. build a town,.,.whi knows.. lol
  • Arynamber
    Options
    favorite charities, invest, pay off debt, pay off family's debt, get a new car and house and a vacation house.. build a town,.,.whi knows.. lol
  • Arynamber
    Options
    I'd become Charlie Sheen...

LMAO!
  • jaegers
    jaegers Posts: 5
    Options
    I'd put half in bonds, then buy a house.

With the rest, I'd start an IndyCar team and win the Indy 500!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Why 201 million? Seems like a random number. But hubby and I have talked about it so much, so here goes...
    1) pay off all debt, including our house
    2) make repairs necessary to sell our house (even if it's at a loss)
    3) build an "off the grid" dream home in Colorado and move
    4) replace our gas-guzzlers with 1 eco-friendly vehicle
    5) set up investments so that we only have to work if we want to (and volunteer instead)
    6) help out family members
    7) travel
    8) donate

Oh the MegaMillions is at around $201 Million right now. I see how it seems random and like an OBSCENE amount otherwise :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    First of all I'd tithe 10% to my church. Won't Pastor be surprised!! :bigsmile: Then I'd divide it up between my kids, my sisters and myself. I'd pay all my credit cards off and buy myself a nice house with a huge walk in closet to accommodate all my new clothes, shoes and Kathy Van Zeeland purses that I will be buying. I'd also buy a purple PT Cruiser and hire a chauffer to drive me around. Driving Ms. Betty. :bigsmile: Then I would use a good chunk to help the homeless and give a nice chunk to Samaritan's Purse to help the people in Japan.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Probably something boring with a good portion, like invest it, lol, but definitely travel, travel, travel with a chunk of it first. Fiji here I come!

What a fun topic!!

Oh yeah, what would YOU do Loops???
  • bethymay123
    Options
    Set up college funds for all my kids and my nieces and nephews. Buy a house. Buy a new car.start a non profit organization to help wounded warriors and there families. Make sure that our parent and siblings will be ok for a while with out spoioing them. I don't know what I would do with the rest. Lol
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    2 chicks at the same time, man.

But seriously, pay off the house, get my parents a cushy retirement, invest most of it "conservatively", then invest a couple mil aggressively. Quit my job and start working on projects.
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm not as nice as a lot of you. I'd buy a beach front house in Hawaii (nothing too big because I feel lonely in big houses but something really nice), a fancy car, a personal trainer, a chef, a maid, a new wardrobe, routine spa trips, and lots of traveling. I would, of course, retire immediately. I probably wouldn't buy a whole heck of a lot of "stuff." I'd spend the money more on experiences and things that make my life easier. I'd pay for my nieces and nephews' college educations. I'd definitely pay off my parent's house or buy them something better. I would spoil the crap out of my parents. They deserve it. I would definitely do some charitable contributions but I'd be lying if I said the majority of the money would go to charity. I'm way too selfish for that.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Pay off every debt that I, my family and my close friends have. Build a building to put my tattoo shop in so I can stop renting one. Make a trust for each of my children that they can't touch until they have graduated w/ a degree and worked at a career for 5 years. Give some to my fave charities. The rest I would just blow on strippers and booze.
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Pay for my school, buy a red mini cooper, and move to California once I graduate college.

I've thought about this a lot.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    2 chicks at the same time, man.

But seriously, pay off the house, get my parents a cushy retirement, invest most of it "conservatively", then invest a couple mil aggressively. Quit my job and start working on projects.

The 1st is attainable for free, taso. It gets pretty intense and sometimes not as fun as one would imagine. Though, other times, it really REALLY is just as fun as you imagine. It depends.. but I digress.

*Ahem* ... I'd actually help out my family, those deserving of it, anyway, and the rest I'd invest into my current goals of finally getting through school with financial security and possibly open up a restaurant to be announced sometime in the future. The plans are in motion, it's just a lot of funding and getting the background I need to get it started. I still wanna stay productive.
  • IanGiles
    IanGiles Posts: 54
    Options
    George Best once said... "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." For those who don't know George best is a footballl legend.