TRYING to love cottage cheese..

Options
13»

Replies

• Idahoheartmom
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/8 cup crushed pineapple- approx 107 calories~ yuuuuum!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Try loving Greek yogurt instead. Less sodium and lots of protein. :happy:
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't hate cottage cheese, but it's not one of my favs either. I much prefer greek yogurt. The fat free greek yogurt is lower in calories by a little, lower in carbs, waaaay lower in sodium and has about the same amount of protein. Also, I think that greek yogurt is more versatile. Give that a shot instead and see if you like it.

My two cents...if you are 'dieting' by eating foods you hate...you'll soon give up! Experiment and find healthy foods you enjoy and eat those instead of forcing vile substances down your throat!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i love it with pineapple. I could eat a whole tub, but the pineapple probably cancels out some of the low cal-ness
  • gregory05us
    gregory05us Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I mix 1/2 cup of cc with 1/4cup of vanilla yogurt, you could use more yogurt if you wanted.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I have tried to like cottage cheese, too. The last time I tried it, the consistency was so weird that it make me sick to my stomach. There are some great ideas here, though! I will try blending it with fruit or tomatoes for a sauce.

Thanks!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I can't handle fat free but the low fat is good plain. Just remember, this is high in sodium so your protein intake will be helped but it might not be a great choice if you are trying to keep your sodium intake down!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I like it with Tomatos, but they have to be really good tomatoes, and I absolutely LOVE it with Cantaloupe. I will have to try strawberries and blueberries, and pineapple too. I do like it lots in sugar free Jello. Usually I just eat it plain though, cantaloupes aren't very good right now.