strech marks and bikini

Options
ok ladies wondering if anyone out there has strech marks on their stomach and if so do u wear a bikini i am going on vaca in a month and hoping to hit my goal weight im looking for swimsuits and not sure if ill wear a bikini or not. thanks

Replies

• McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    I have some stretch marks from when I was pregnant, but I still rock a bikini! You can tan them out a little bit before your trip- then they're not as noticeable.
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    that's a hard one....from pregnancy I have some...and I'm very self conscious of them. But in all out honesty, no one on the beach really cares, so why should you? If you feel confident go for it!
  • plagirl227
    plagirl227 Posts: 134
    Options
    If I ever get to a bikini body, I will wear my stretch marks like a badge of honor! Lol.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i do but mine r faded so u cant really notice them, and yes wear a bikini, and did b4 even when they were vivid:smile:
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have some on my upper thighs and when I tan they are less noticeable. I'd say see if you can tan a few times before the trip.
  • MissNoDoubt
    Options
    Agreed! I love this :):laugh:
  • MissNoDoubt
    Options
    OK, for some reason it didn't post what I was agreeing with. I agree with the badge of honor comment!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, when I was younger, no kids and had my flat, smooth, immaculate tummy I would look at the older women with stretch marks and be like, eew, why doesn't she cover up. Of course now I've had two kids, two c-sections and a sheep-load of stretch marks. I probably wouldn't wear a bikini, personally. But I think a tankini is just as hot and I would feel less self-conscious in that. JMO.
    On another note, you probably notice your stretch marks more than anyone else.
  • All_Mimsy
    All_Mimsy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If I ever get to a bikini body, I will wear my stretch marks like a badge of honor! Lol.

Exactly! :happy:
  • bella5469
    bella5469 Posts: 43
    Options
    thanks ladysssss!
  • curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have three children and have some stretch marks, they seem to have faded with time (my last baby is 22months.) I say go for it if you are proud of how fit you have become.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    You can try the creams that are suppose to help fade them. I was using Palmer's Cocoa Butter for a while and it helped to fade out the smaller ones. I purchased my first non-maternity swimsuit (3.5 years later!!) and I got a tank top one. I had several abdominal surgeries and I am self conscious about those scars :( But if you have a good body that you worked your booty off for (literally!! haha) then by all means show that beauty off -stretch marks and all!!! Rock the bikini!! :) I am sure there will be other women there that understand and will be proud for you!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I would! I refuse to because it's not just the stretchmarks in my case....I also have quite a bit of excess skin. I had my daughter when I was 18....you would think that being young my body would bounce back....well it didn't. I weighed 85 when I got pregnant and hit 120 at 9 months...it was all out front...my innie became an outie and my abs split. If I could have a tummy tuck I'd totally go for it. My marks have all faded but it's the 'mothers apron' that I just can't get past. Grr.
  • josborn1012
    Options

AMEN! I feel the same way. We all worked hard to get there! Plus if I were on vacation, I would care even less what anyone thought...you won't ever see them again anyway & you paid to be there like everyone else. If they don't like it, they can look at someone else. Lol
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    i do have strech marks but i will be wearing a bikini...
  • knothead76
    Options
    When I was pregnant, I got horrible horrible stretch marks. Over time they have faded, but most definitely are still there. Will I wear a bikini after I lose my weight? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!! When I get my body to the point that it looks good in a bikini, then I need to be proud of my body all the way, not just part of it. I have had 4 children, and if some teeny bopper thinks that my stretch marks are gross, and I should cover them up, I say "Wait until you have your kids". I'm proud of my children, and proud of the marks they left on my body.
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have two 'bikinis' right now. They both technically have the boy shorts or whatever they are called for bottoms & I wasn't covering up stretch marks I also am proud of them but thinking at the time that they would cover up my fat belly now that I am trying to do something about the fat belly I think I will be looking for new bathing suit but will still look for the same style. I love my boys & very proud of the stretch marks because I know that I am a very blessed Mom.
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this one. I would probably wear a tankini myself. But on the other hand, as a grown woman I dont' care what a teenaged girl thinks. I can't imagine my stomach being in any shape for me to actually wear a bikini anyway :-)
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 kids, one in August, one in September, and one was a February baby. I only have stretch-marks on my butt, boobs & thighs, but, I have rocked a bikini, even 8 and 9 months pregnant. I am not a 1-piece kind of girl. Would go naked if it wasn't frowned upon :happy: (okay, maybe not so much if my 16 year old son was with me, that would be creepy, lol)
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    ok ladies wondering if anyone out there has strech marks on their stomach and if so do u wear a bikini i am going on vaca in a month and hoping to hit my goal weight im looking for swimsuits and not sure if ill wear a bikini or not. thanks

As long as YOU'RE comfortable! I wear bikinis all the time. Stretch marks and all. Just have fun!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!