strech marks and bikini

Options

Replies

• ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I say if you want to wear a bikini and care comfortable with it go for it. I struggle with this myself. When I get to my goal weight and can rock a bikini I am not 100% I will still be comfortable due to pregnancy stretch marks and gall bladder surgery scars too. But I hope to get past that thinking.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    It all comes down to confidence!!! I wear a 2 piece and don't care- If your confident then you won't care either. Trust me there is a lot worst on the beach... Hairy men in Speedo's ewwwwwww
  • mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Try a spray tan at a tanning salon. The pigment will help cover them.
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    I wanted to start a topic on this too!!!

IMO, I would probably have to work myself up to a bikini. The sad part is, my stretch marks aren't even from weight loss/gain, they are from growing vertically very fast when I was a teenager:mad:

I would first go with a super sexy one piece, like the ones from Victoria's Secret, and I would enhance my assets like my chest and wear a low plunge with some cutlets to push up :smile: haha. Then I would graduate to a monokini, then to a bikini
  • dizidaisy
    dizidaisy Posts: 68
    Options
    You're very beautiful - I would say - do what makes you feel the most comfortable and happy, there is no point wearing a bikini just for the sake of it, if you're constantly feeling self conscious but if you can wear your bikini with pride and just think that probably 90% of the female population over the age of 20 most likely have stretchmarks so who cares? There are worse things in life than stretchmarks that's for sure! Just be you and do what you want to do - life is for living and for living it your way!
  • bella5469
    bella5469 Posts: 43
    Options
    thank u dizdaisy! that is nice.
  • sarahlauren18
    sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I wish I could be courageous and say YES !! But infortunately I will not be sporting a bikini even if I meet my goal. I DESPISE them and I want no one to see them :-/
  • sharbaby
    sharbaby Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    OOoh chicky I so know how u feel as Ive have mine since my first son was born ummm 12yrs ago darn thing and aswell as heaps of stretch marks from my upper arms down my sides they covered my whole tummy only place that didnt get stretch marks were my boobies haha
  • missduffbug
    missduffbug Posts: 217
    Options
    I have stretch marks - not from having gorgeous children - just eating far too much haha.
    But I will be wearing a bikini come June 12th 2011!
    I use Bio-Oil on mine and it has made them fade qute a bit - also - tanning helps to fade them, plus it slims you down a tad - get some lotion that gives you a tan over a few days like Garnier - that always works, and hey - who doesnt feel better when they are a tad tanned? :)
    You should be proud of your stretchmarks - they are a part of your life - what you were and what you now are.
    And anyway - who is to say that they are ugly - thats the blooming media for you....... be proud of who you are and dont let anyone make you feel unattractive or conscious or paranoid..... Youre you and gorgeous! xx
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    No no, I assure you, mine ARE ugly. By stretchmarks I don't mean those silvery lines some people get from a growth spurt or weight gain. I mean full on deep red wrinkly grooves ALL over my abdomen, complete with skin that is almost transparent due to stretching, and has no attachment to the muscles underneath. We aren't talking a few or even a lot of lines, here.
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I say wear what makes you comfortable. If you wear a bikini and aren't feeling comfortable, you won't enjoy your time as much. Have fun!:wink:
  • missduffbug
    missduffbug Posts: 217
    Options
    No no, I assure you, mine ARE ugly. By stretchmarks I don't mean those silvery lines some people get from a growth spurt or weight gain. I mean full on deep red wrinkly grooves ALL over my abdomen, complete with skin that is almost transparent due to stretching, and has no attachment to the muscles underneath. We aren't talking a few or even a lot of lines, here.

I have deep red ones too - fair enough they are getting better with BIO-OIL but dont ever let anyone tell you they are ugly! They are not and neither are you just because you have them - you are a woman and it happens, it's life, it doesnt make you unattractive........ I appreciate ALOT of women worry about them but as I said - who is to say they are horrible etc - it's just something that happens to your body, if you have babies or put on too much weight.
    They will be a reminder of how you once were, and should be a part of you - I know that sounds cheesy!!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    what is a monokini?

It looks like a bikini fro the back but its attached to the bottom in the front, with a panel that hides the tummy
    This is my favourite one..
    http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265421633162&c=Page&cid=1297688097780&pagename=vsdWrapper

aww so thats what they are called, i just call them cut out swimsuits! :tongue:
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm going to post this, but here are my stretch marks in all their glory in a bikini. If people on the beach are offended that's their problem. I feel great.

25723G4.jpg
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    Men get Purple Hearts for their wounds during war time. They get a badge of honor for their scar.

We deserve the same for our stretch marks. Birth is a big deal.

I think all of us should wear bikinis and wear a purple heart on our bikini bottom.

....just sayin....
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm going to post this, but here are my stretch marks in all their glory in a bikini. If people on the beach are offended that's their problem. I feel great.

25723G4.jpg

You rock in that bikini .....Your stretch marks look like mine well only difference is my love handles and the tummy rolls lol
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/19/article-1313462-0643E1F7000005DC-284_468x609.jpg

That is model Lizzie Miller. She has stretch marks and the overhanging belly.

I plan on wearing bikinis once I lose more weight. I don't care about the overhanging belly or the stretch marks I want to feel sexy about myself. Do you honestly wear bathing suits for other people? Do you wear them only to cover your stomach? No, you wear them to go swimming in or go to the beach in. You're swimming, not other people. My stretch marks on a skinny body are not only a badge of being a mother but of the strength I have to have lost all my weight. I don't see why we as humans should be so ashamed of being healthy now.

YESSS I love her :) this was my desktop picture for a while, it just makes me feel more comfortable.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options

You rock in that bikini .....Your stretch marks look like mine well only difference is my love handles and the tummy rolls lol

Thank you. The point of posting that was two fold. 1) That you can feel confident despite the flaws. Everyone has them, whether they're stretch marks, or scars, or love handles or cellulite. Even the VS models get photoshopped. 2) To face my own fears about posting the stretch marks. Obviously I still have issues with them. But they aren't going away so I'm just doing the best I can with them.

I can't tell you how many times I hear men say they don't even notice the little flaws in women. And yet it's all we see. We need to get over ourselves and be confident! (I know...easier said than done.)
  • bella5469
    bella5469 Posts: 43
    Options
    u girls rock ! thanks
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    ive got loads. Not on my tummy weirdly enough, considering the size of my babies (my middle child was 10lb!) but i put on a lot of weight in my first pregnancy and i got them on my boobs and my hips and bum mainly. You can see the ones on my hips if i wear a bikini, but i dont really care. I dont think they show badly, and i dont think anyone is looking at them.
    most people have a few here and there
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!