Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Best and worst - Dating, Wedding, In-Laws, etc

13»

Replies

• mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Hmmm worst date... he picks me up for dinner (little did I know it would be McDonalds) and on the way to dinner, he looks into my eyes while stopped at the red light and say " So ... gonna give me a lil sucky sucky?" Be still my beating heart talk about sweeping you off your feet woooooo ladies :noway:

Yeh... I'm married and "sucky sucky" is just as disturbing now as it was when I was single. Just as creepy as having to say several times "quit bringing my father up in bed!!"
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Ok!!! Time to relieve some stress! I know there's at least three of us (even if no one else joined in) that could keep this going for years. Tell me your story....... best date, worst date, great wedding, worst wedding, in-laws - love 'em? hate 'em?

I'll go first with a lil snip-it of my wedding. My brother in laws gf was used as a stand-in for me during rehearsal, they wouldn't let my mom come within 10 feet and the DRIVEWAY with her lit cig just before the rehearsal dinner, just before photos my older sis picks a fight with me and then she leaves 15 minutes into the reception - during the father daughter dance....

Wait, are you from Alabama TOO???!?!?!?!?!!?:laugh: I live in Alabama so I am allowed to make fun of the rednecks I live among!! I tend to call myself a Southern Belle, but in the eyes of the rest of the world, I guess I would be a redneck!!! I do know how to ride a four wheeler (quite well, I might add), how to load a shotgun (and actually hit something with it..including birds and skeet), my favorite beer is BUD (light), and I have been known to ENJOY bass fishing.

Well I don't know the first thing about a shotgun but I can't shoot a glock purty dang well, I won't ride horses - done it before and no longer see the need to stradle something uncomfortable so I can tempt my fear of heights on an animal with no seat belt or an emergency eject button - , I can ride a four wheeler but along with my fear of heights I also have a fear of speed so you might catch me on a four wheeler but moving at the speed of smell... and I got you topped on beer babe! Round here we drank Busch Light lil mama! :drinker:

( I know you didn't mention horses, I felt compelled to say that though because my in-laws all have horses and think I'm strange for not wanting to ride one)
  • I'm pretty sure I have the worst mother in law. Thank the Lord, I haven't seen her since Christmas. I know it sounds bad,but where do I start. She came to my house a yelling at me in front of my kids, and telling me she was going to kick my a**. She is a real treat. She told my husband that we need to get a divorce so she can have the kids every other weekend. Needless to say I told my husband that I (and the kids) would never go to her house again. She is so evil :mad: No one in my husbands family communicate on anything. For example in Oct. my husbands brother is getting married and my oldest son is going to be in the wedding. Well no one has even said anything to me yet. My sister-in-law called me to he daughter would be walking down the isle with my son. I tell you what this is the most screwed up family that I have ever seen. I was raised totally different. My family always talked about everything and his family holds everything in. :explode:
  • randimockensturm
    randimockensturm Posts: 49 Member
    My dad, refusing to let down "tradition" insisted that my brother participate as usual. My brother spent the whole 1st half of the mass talking super loud in the back and going outside for smokes. When it came time for the collection, he fell half-way down the aisle and then wacked a FEW people with the collection basket (their baskets on sticks so you can get $$ from people waaay deep in the pews).
    Totally class-less and some argue he'll spend the rest of eternity paying for it, but my sister and I thought it was hilarious... :laugh:

NO Dear - God has bigger fish to fry than your poor brother [some as big as my x hubby!] Thanks for providing me with some comic relief today! Your poor brother I might have even done the same! and WHAT A HO that girl was.. !!! Thanks for making me laugh today!!!
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    So for the majority I love my husbands family. They are super sweet and very supportive. The only time I've really gone off was just before our wedding. We'd changed our plans over and over and no one was happy. His family wanted some hoity-toity ta'do but they didn't want to pay for it, and my family couldn't afford it. (we finally broke down and said its our way or the highway) ..but this is the story that sets it all off.

We were to have our wedding, simple and beautiful, tented in his mothers back yard in Orlando, over looking a small man made lake. It was supposed to be low key. Christmas lights strung over the top tent poles for soft lighting. Family bringing covered dish type food. Gifts optional. Just a big family get together with a ceremony on the side. Well....as his way of saying "Thank You" to his mom, my husband said he wanted to buy her a new computer. I thought it was a bit steep since we'd be paying for it all but we along when he said we could afford it. We got to Best Buy and I slipped off to browse the CD and DVD isles. I finish my window shopping and make my way back to my husband ...who has a new computer tower...flat screen monitor...and printer ...along with all the necessary extra cables, modem and what not. Well of course my eyes bugged out and I was like ..."WOOAAHHH...what is all this?" and he says

"Don't worry I'm putting it on the BEST BUY CARD" :noway: :mad: :explode:

Uhhh hello thats about to be my credit too...I'd appreciate you not get me into serious debt.

Well this is the kicker....I swallow my anger and we move along in our wedding plans....Two months later we have to change our plans again. No longer using his moms house for the wedding, we..to this day..have never got an offer for any minute reimburstment.

Ohh and not long before our march wedding ...his dad had strapped himself financially and was in a bad way on his truck loan with the bank....So his mom told his dad to call us and ask if we would help. My husband loaned his dad 500 dollars....which has also never been offered to be paid back.

I hate dealing with family and money! :grumble:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    my worst date was when a guy said to me in a club "I dont care if you are a little chubby" I know at the time I was chunky but he had NO right to say that cause he was comparing me to thin girls and I already had/have that complex. No wonder he was single!!!

Best: with my current squeeze we went to the rock and roll hall of fame and it was a mid weeks get away but it was soo much fun we had a pool in our hotel and nice dinner at the rest in the hotel it was also fun to buy beer in a gas station!!!!!
  • randimockensturm
    randimockensturm Posts: 49 Member
    it was also fun to buy beer in a gas station!!!!!

OK call me ignorant but - Are there places where one cannot buy beer in a gas station? Wow I guess I need to pay more attention to the world around me! Not that buying a beer in a gas station is high on my list - but I was a bit surprised. I know in Ohio we have something that they don't have in Boston: drive thru places to buy beer - and my brother in law is from Boston - and every time he visits he gets such a kick at driving thru the store to buy beer.

Ok.. am I a redneck if I buy my beer in a drive thru? ha ha oh boy..
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    WORST DATE...
    I once went on a date with a guy who, when the cheque arrived after dinner, he said, "You seem like a modern gal - I guess we'll split the cheque?". WHAT!?!?!? I'm modern, sure, but I have manners and expect them in return - HE invited ME to dinner- formal invite - therefore, in my mind, I was his guest! (I guess it didn't help that he wasn't the greatest guy to begin with).

BEST DATE...
    Lots with the hubby - he is a romantic guy. Best was recently when he set us up a late dinner/picnic out on the balcony off our bedroom - sushi, lemon drop martinis, candles.... it was pretty terriffic... (we have kids now - so our dates are mostly at home!).

I enjoyed your stories folks...
    :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    oh my worst date! I have so many where to start.
    - I have one that came to my house to pick me up. I had him wait in the living room and when I came down stairs he was buck naked on my couch!

:noway: :noway: :noway:
    That's HILARIOUS!!!!!
    Love it... Eeeek!!!!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    it was also fun to buy beer in a gas station!!!!!

OK call me ignorant but - Are there places where one cannot buy beer in a gas station? Wow I guess I need to pay more attention to the world around me! Not that buying a beer in a gas station is high on my list - but I was a bit surprised. I know in Ohio we have something that they don't have in Boston: drive thru places to buy beer - and my brother in law is from Boston - and every time he visits he gets such a kick at driving thru the store to buy beer.

Ok.. am I a redneck if I buy my beer in a drive thru? ha ha oh boy..
    until recently, u had to go way up north to buy beer in a gas station... now its on every corner, here in MI... Our governer dont care where people can buy cig or beer cuz she keeps uping the taxex..lol. but yeah we have drive through cigs stores but not beer..lol
This discussion has been closed.