For the people who work out like crazy and are not losing

Options

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I'm just discouraged. For the past week, I've been recording every morsal I eat, staying within my calorie guidelines, eating healthier, exercising every day but after an initial loss of about 3 lbs, I seem to be gaining about a half a pound a day to the point that I'm just about back where I started. I don't want to give up,but I don't see the positive benefits. My job doesn't allow me to exercise more than about 30 minutes of walking per day so my only option is to further reduce the amount of food I'm eating each day. I'm 5'7" and started at 150 lbs. I'm trying to lose about 10-15 lbs but not having much success. I'm not sure what to do from here.
    Weighing in daily is probably 1 of the most counterproductive things for overall success in terms of fat loss, and if you are stalling then there can be many reasons as to the reason why if you log accurately. Eating the exercise cals can lead to muscle gain in some ppl, others are more sensitive to carbs. It really would depend on what your daily routine/diet is like. You can shed fat without cutting cals though as cutting cals is not the sole means of shedding fat. I ran into that wall where no matter how much I cut cals I was losing just as much muscle as fat so I stopped cutting cals and turned to other methods. I am currently on Carb Nite Solution by john kiefer and it is working. Once I am done that program I am going to use his newest diet carb backloading to stay lean and maximize muscle gain.
  • larose76
    larose76 Posts: 4
    Options
    Found this post and knew it was exactly what I needed to read at just the right time. Thanks!
  • Jodi4009
    Jodi4009 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for this. Just started boot camp and the scale is not budging. I appreciate your info~
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    bump
  • helenmc40
    helenmc40 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!! Exactly what I needed and wanted to hear!! You are awesome!! :happy:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting Newf - just for others the last advice he gave me worked like a charm :)
  • momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Nice post
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Very interesting read, thank you for that!! Its really given me some ideas of what i could be doing to help myself!! I was telling myself off for having at least 1 spoon of reduced fat peanut butter each day, but i do find it feels me up at the time i am having it!! Thanks again!!

Best peanut butter in the whole wide world: Get 1 pound of dry roasted peanuts. Place in food processor. Process and process and process (it will be dry, then slightly crumbly, then thick and follow itself around, but keep going). It will finally pass that point, and turn into creamy, wonderful, delicious peanut butter. No sugar added. Much cheaper than the natural peanut butter at the store. Put into a glass container, and store in fridge. Never to be re-stirred from separation, and not adding sugar and nonsensical hydrogenated oils to your diet. :)

And seriously-don't fear the peanut butter. I eat several TBSP of peanut butter and/or almond butter every day (I make my almond butter now too).
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    ** bump **
  • tigtigs
    tigtigs Posts: 52
    Options
    A to the MEN!! It is all about nutrition...forget the diet...eat good, clean, food and your body will use it as fuel as it is supposed to when you get out on the trails or hit the gym! It is not rocket science...it is the way to get healthy...forget about skinny!
  • sharkweek
    sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post.
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Great post!!
  • LaColombicana
    LaColombicana Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    X
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    One of the best posts I've read on this site
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Oh dear....
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Who resurrected this and why? :huh:
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    10/10
    Would read again.
  • New_determination
    New_determination Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Being over weight n reading how it's all about cal in vs out its hard to eat. I use mfp but not properly. I am this girl I'm suppose to be eating 1500 I aim most days by habit for 1300 just I case a measurement was off or a munched a bit without logging properly. Just leave my self a window. Then I exercise resistance circuit training n running 6 days a week. I don't eat back these cal. Plus I have an active lab and a crazy 2 yr old. With almost 1 month of activity n watching I have lost 1 lb!!!

-it's hard to eat more when ur told over n over to eat less to loose!
    - even reading this I can feel anxiety about eating those cal that I feel I put so much work into loosing.