Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    Who resurrected this and why? :huh:
    I was like, WHAT HAS HAPPENED tO MFP?! Then I read this and realized it was a necro'd post. Phew.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I was like, WHAT HAS HAPPENED tO MFP?! Then I read this and realized it was a necro'd post. Phew.

Same. I expected OP to be shredded into pieces for nearly every single point of these. Funny how time changes public belief. Wonder what MFP will look like if we fast forward 5 years.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

Same. I expected OP to be shredded into pieces for nearly every single point of these. Funny how time changes public belief. Wonder what MFP will look like if we fast forward 5 years.

Good question.
  • Heppers16
    Heppers16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Eat clean, eat breakfast, fire up the metabolism...nah. IIFYM sensibly and intermittent fasting works for some too.
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    This is awful. I was about to go off, clutching my pearls and all. Then I looked at the date. My how far we've come with information in just a few short years!
  • 555_FILK
    555_FILK Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't know... I think a lot of that was bro-science even back then. It was just four years ago, not forty!
  • linaj1988
    linaj1988 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good post you got there!! I've been recommended by MFP to stay on 1200cal if I want to lose weight, not sure it's all that effective as you mentioned.. I'm 5'3 and weigh 141lb, I want to drop to 125lb. Do you suggest I increase my intake close to 2000 cal? With the right foods of course
    Thanks !
  • mrichi1
    mrichi1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!
  • Chilli7777
    Chilli7777 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    From what i have read exercise wont make you lose weight but will change the shape of your body. I dont know myself as i read a lot of conflicting info
  • BlaqueDiamond1989
    BlaqueDiamond1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello. Thanks so much for this post. I have been battling with my weight for years. I will lose the weight, then slowly gain it back. I will definitely take your advice mentioned in this post. I'm going to worry more about inches instead of pounds lost. Thanks again.