Brides on a Mission: Week 12

Options
Hello brides!

Can't beleive the board has been up for 12 weeks now! Amazing! So many new brides, welcome to all! And for our members who has been a part of the board for so long, thanks for your commitment! Everyone is doing fantastic!

I think we all got the swing of how our board works, so I will make this short and sweet! (If you are new, please look back on the support and motivation boards from previous weeks if you would like.)
How to upload a photo: Go to www.photobucket.com, it’s a free service, and upload your photos. Copy and paste the IMG code (there is a list of codes, easy to find on the site) onto your message post. Change the capital IMG code at the beginning and end of the code to lower case img. Your photo will appear when you make the actual “post.” (I will post this each week.)

Week 12 challenge: For this week, it is all about distance. Park your car further away from the front door of wherever you are going (work, store, school, ect), even if there is a parking spot available up front. Also, take the stairs and not the elevator or escalator. If you have the choice between a curb to step over or a flat walk way, choose the curb to burn a few more calories. Have stairs in the house and often just toss things from bottom to top (or other way around) so you don’t have to go up and down? Actually take the stairs every time something needs to be taken to a different floor. We can do this, it is the little changes that make a difference!

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
1. Name:
2. Age:
3. City:
4. Occupation:
5. Wedding date:
6. Fiancés name:
7. How long you and your fiancé have been together:
8. Heaviest weight:
9. Goal weight and date:
10. Favorite type of exercise:
11. Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission: week 12 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
4. How do you stay organized with all the wedding paper work:
5. Any wedding news updates:
6. When something unexpected occurs and puts your daily routine off, how do you cope with the changes that need to be made:
7. Share a healthy and quick dip/sauce/marinade (can be bottled and not an actual recipe) you like to use:
8. How did you do with the week 11 challenge (changing negative thoughts into positive ones):
9. Weekly wrap up:

Replies

• EHeadings
    EHeadings Posts: 51
    Options
    saving this in my topics for later :)
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group, but I'm not so much a bride to be, as I have already been married. My wedding was horrible and everything that could have gone wrong, DID! So the hubby and I are going to re-new our vows next year on our 5 year anniversary. Everything that I couldn't do the first time around will be done this time and that means fit into my dream gown! The first time around, I had to buy a silver prom dress, because I didn't have the extra $$ to pay for a plus size gown! Not to mention there wasn't a selection for plus size gowns!!! So if it's still OK to have me in your group, here's my info::

1. Name: Meg
    2. Age: 37
    3. City: Nashua, NH
    4. Occupation: Stay at home mom & wife
    5. Wedding date: June 9 (2007)
    6. Fiancés name: Roger
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 5 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 237lbs
    9. Goal weight and date: 150 lbs by January 2012
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Wii Fit and Zumba
    11. Favorite healthy food: Any type of Salad
  • scrappy11
    scrappy11 Posts: 163
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0.8lbs!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Same as last week...tried on my dress and it is to big in the boob area...most girls would be pissed, but me...I am happy! (Still a C cup)
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): FH got into a crash with a moped in NC where he was working and ended up in the ER! :( I was sad I wasn't there with him!
    4. How do you stay organized with all the wedding paper work: I have a file that I use to keep everything straight...the magazines were piling up this weekend so I had to throw some of those away!
    5. Any wedding news updates: Finalized our guest list!!
    6. When something unexpected occurs and puts your daily routine off, how do you cope with the changes that need to be made: I just go about my daily business and try not to over eat. Or for a workout I take the stairs wherever I go!
    7. Share a healthy and quick dip/sauce/marinade (can be bottled and not an actual recipe) you like to use: Holy land guacamole hummus!!!! :) SOOO GOOD!
    8. How did you do with the week 11 challenge (changing negative thoughts into positive ones): Really good.
    9. Weekly wrap up: Have a great week brides!
  • scrappy11
    scrappy11 Posts: 163
    Options
    I am new to this group, but I'm not so much a bride to be, as I have already been married. My wedding was horrible and everything that could have gone wrong, DID! So the hubby and I are going to re-new our vows next year on our 5 year anniversary. Everything that I couldn't do the first time around will be done this time and that means fit into my dream gown! The first time around, I had to buy a silver prom dress, because I didn't have the extra $$ to pay for a plus size gown! Not to mention there wasn't a selection for plus size gowns!!! So if it's still OK to have me in your group, here's my info::

WELCOME MEGGIE!!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options

welcome and just wanted to say im from tamworth nh.... hope u enjoy our group
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 12
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: be back wensday to weigh in

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): bills are getting lighter as days go on....

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): we lost our kitty yesterday for a few hrs but shortly found her.. =) she snuck out on to our closed in porch and im happy thats as far as she made it

4. How do you stay organized with all the wedding paper work: i dont have any paperwork except our marriage license

5. Any wedding news updates: no just excited for my bachelorette party next month n then my wedding...

6. When something unexpected occurs and puts your daily routine off, how do you cope with the changes that need to be made: emotional eatting... boooo =(

7. Share a healthy and quick dip/sauce/marinade (can be bottled and not an actual recipe) you like to use: i like the grill mates

8. How did you do with the week 11 challenge (changing negative thoughts into positive ones): pretty good but diffacult

9. Weekly wrap up: overall good the situation with my MOH were back to normal all is good again....=) situation resolved its self...just waitin for my bachelorette party to come around... =) way excited
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    bump i'll be back to post later : ) Hope everyone is having a great sunday!
  • vanrunninggirl
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: none...don't know what's going on with me

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): it went by quickly? haha not the best week of my life!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): just having a lonely week full of doubts, i knew it would be like this, but everyone certainly has an opinion when it comes to weddings. because of a deposit on our venue, i'm totally broke, and my fiance was super supportive until the invites went out and now it seems he thinks the rest is my job.

4. How do you stay organized with all the wedding paper work: i made a binder up, very helpful!

5. Any wedding news updates: I now have the (not sure if it's good) option of upgrading the photographer for up to an additional $4000!!! and anywhere in between. having a hard time deciding which package to get, knowing i will be paying for it on my own because the fiance does not value photos and therefore does not feel he has to pay for any. can you tell i'm not very impressed with him today? haha

6. When something unexpected occurs and puts your daily routine off, how do you cope with the changes that need to be made: honestly it usually happens at work, I'm in a new management role, and I must say I'm pretty poor at handling it. Our agency has 2 executive directors who are my superiors, both are great, but it's not so fun when both come to me with meetings planned for TOMORROW or two days from now and i have to re-arrange my schedule. still adjusting to the on-the-spot changes in schedule when before I managed my own schedule and things like this came up way less often.

7. Share a healthy and quick dip/sauce/marinade (can be bottled and not an actual recipe) you like to use: My favourite salad dressing/marinade for fish is equal parts japanese soya sauce, sesame oil, and balsamic vinegar, so yummy!

8. How did you do with the week 11 challenge (changing negative thoughts into positive ones): terrible, i feel like i just have some good weeks and some bad weeks and it comes over me without my control. seriously, no TOM and for the past 2 or 3 days every time i catch a glimpse of myself naked I am shocked to see how WIDE i am.

9. Weekly wrap up: ugh! looking forward to a fresh new week!
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    bump
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): just having a lonely week full of doubts, i knew it would be like this, but everyone certainly has an opinion when it comes to weddings. because of a deposit on our venue, i'm totally broke, and my fiance was super supportive until the invites went out and now it seems he thinks the rest is my job.

5. Any wedding news updates: I now have the (not sure if it's good) option of upgrading the photographer for up to an additional $4000!!! and anywhere in between. having a hard time deciding which package to get, knowing i will be paying for it on my own because the fiance does not value photos and therefore does not feel he has to pay for any. can you tell i'm not very impressed with him today? haha

My fiance is less then helpful with the wedding also. I'm sure he would help out if I asked him to but he really isn't interested in doing anything just because...

And $4000 for a photographer! that's ccrraazzyy! Make sure whatever you pick you get the FULL RIGHTS to all of your pictures! There are some photographers who will not give you the prints and you have to pay for every single print you want and you don't get to keep the "originals". We're getting a disc with full copyrights and I am going to be putting together the photobooks and such myself (I love that type of stuff and they're are so many good websites and programs for doing it now!).

Good luck and I hope you have a better week! Positive thinking! :-)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nuovoinizi
    Options
    I'm new!

1. Name: Ashley
    2. Age: 26 (about to be 27)
    3. City: Bend, OR
    4. Occupation: Law Enforcement
    5. Wedding date: 08-13-11
    6. Fiancés name: Trent
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 11 months!
    8. Heaviest weight: 235 lbs (CW 186 lbs)
    9. Goal weight and date: 160 lbs (8-13-11)
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Weightlifting!
    11. Favorite healthy food: Fage yogurt

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1 lb
    2. Highlight of the past week: Had a great weightlifting circuit on Thursday
    3. Lowlight of the past week: Temptation! Namely, eating out too much
    4. How do you stay organized with all the wedding paper work: www.theknot.com
    5. Any wedding news updates: Nope
    6. When something unexpected occurs and puts your daily routine off, how do you cope with the changes that need to be made: If I know I can't get in a workout because of time constraints, I try to eat extra healthy
    7. Share a healthy and quick dip/sauce/marinade (can be bottled and not an actual recipe) you like to use: Anything by Mrs. Dash! Tastes great and no salt!
    8. How did you do with the week 11 challenge (changing negative thoughts into positive ones): I'm new, so I'm just getting on board with week 12!
    9. Weekly wrap up: See next week!

4165726.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Ugh, I am so sick! I have been sick with a head cold since Friday AM and now I am aweful diarrhea (sorry TMI!). I feel that i have lost 5lbs by just using the bathroom! I haven't felt like eating much the past few days and i have been drinking a lot of G2. I am so glad there is an electrolyte drink low in cal! I am waiting to feel better and then I will be back to loging and working out. Hope everyone has a great week!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I am so sick! I have been sick with a head cold since Friday AM and now I am aweful diarrhea (sorry TMI!). I feel that i have lost 5lbs by just using the bathroom! I haven't felt like eating much the past few days and i have been drinking a lot of G2. I am so glad there is an electrolyte drink low in cal! I am waiting to feel better and then I will be back to loging and working out. Hope everyone has a great week!

aww hope you feel better!! (and you can so tell that your a nurse with your TMI... lol)
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.4 pounds

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I RAN MY FIRST 5K!!!! my goal was 45 minutes, I completed it in 45:54, the course was really hilly, so it cost me a little extra time, but that okay cause I finished and only 54 seconds over my goal. I also reached 20 pounds lost!!!! so I got my nails done on Saturday after my 5K!!!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I had a rough time working out last week, I just couldn't get up and get moving...but this week I am starting a new work out program, I am doing a 30 Day Shred and Bridge to 10K hybrid....

4. How do you stay organized with all the wedding paper work: I have a binder I am going to use...

5. Any wedding news updates: nope nothing new

6. When something unexpected occurs and puts your daily routine off, how do you cope with the changes that need to be made: I just do it, depending on the change sometimes it can give me more free time, so I will clean or try to go for an extra walk.

7. Share a healthy and quick dip/sauce/marinade (can be bottled and not an actual recipe) you like to use: I use Ingelhoffer hot sweet honey mustard... I put it on my sandwiches and it adds so much flavor and it has a little kick to it. I love it.

8. How did you do with the week 11 challenge (changing negative thoughts into positive ones): good, throughout my race I kept changing the negatives into positives....

9. Weekly wrap up: Overall I guess its been a pretty good week, I am looking forward to starting a new work out routine and to be able to get back outside and running again. Now I just have to get to 30 pounds lost so that I can get my Pedicure!!!
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump it!!! I will respond to this later!!! :))
  • heels24
    heels24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Didn’t weigh myself since I know I had a bad week.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): FH coming back home from being out of town. Always a great feeling when I can see how happy he is to see me again, too.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): The entire week was one big lowlight. Worst week I’ve had in a long time. Gotta turn it back around today.

4. How do you stay organized with all the wedding paper work: Right now everything is in a folder but I probably should organize it into a binder.

5. Any wedding news updates: Going to our wedding location this weekend to get stuff done (I live in Baltimore but getting married on the coast of NC). Engagement photos, meet with the florist, taste cake, try the rehearsal dinner venue. Now I’m stressing about having my pictures taken b/c I’m wishing that I had lost more weight by now.

6. When something unexpected occurs and puts your daily routine off, how do you cope with the changes that need to be made: I’m very bad at this. I don’t do well with things not going as planned. Hopefully I can get some tips from y'all!

7. Share a healthy and quick dip/sauce/marinade (can be bottled and not an actual recipe) you like to use: My fav dressing is Newman’s Own Lighten Up Sesame Ginger Dressing. Only 35 cal a serving and has a great taste. One of the few low cal dressings FH actually doesn’t mind eating too.

8. How did you do with the week 11 challenge (changing negative thoughts into positive ones): I’ve tried, with little success. But at least I’m making a conscious effort to try now.

9. Weekly wrap up: Terrible week last week, just have to turn it back around this week. Going to be hard since now I’m stressed about the pictures this weekend but I’m just going to take it one day at a time. If every day is successful this week, I know I’ll feel a lot better about the pictures on Sunday. Time to go have a successful Monday! Have a great week everyone!

- Mandy
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1 lb! But I'm so happy, I'm finally in the 160's!! Haven't been here in YEARS!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): My fiance came home from Vegas w/ his group of college friends, I missed him like crazayyy! hehe. Also, I fit into a pair of my 'skinny girl' jeans that I havent' worn in years!!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): All is good...

4. How do you stay organized with all the wedding paper work: I made myself this cute little binder when we first got engaged. Now, it hasn't been really updated, but I keep the paperwork in the folders on the inside of the binder.

5. Any wedding news updates: I cut my guest list! Our venue holds 300, and I'm super excited to have a big wedding! But, since we're both paying for it, and both of our parents are helping, we decided on 150/150. We both have huge families, and nobody has more friends they stay in touch with that I've ever met in my life than my honey (which is an awesome thing!!!) So, it's been kind of tough. I was feeling like a mean girl, just snip snip.. cutting the list. But guess what, it had to be done! hehe

6. When something unexpected occurs and puts your daily routine off, how do you cope with the changes that need to be made: Crap, I don't cope well! I worry, more than anyone I've ever met! Which is nuts I know, because I have a strong faith. So, say a little prayer.. and hope to get a good workout in. Working out is 'ME' time, and I love it! I just get in the zone, and everything is perfect in that moment!!

7. Share a healthy and quick dip/sauce/marinade (can be bottled and not an actual recipe) you like to use: Our favorite is Tereaki sauce, it addes exactly what we need to fresh grilled vegetables and chicken!!! Yum!

8. How did you do with the week 11 challenge (changing negative thoughts into positive ones): Didn't really have to focus on this, I've just been feeling really well! Staying on track, and enjoying this challenge!! (And the results it has brought!!!)

9. Weekly wrap up: Going to Duluth this weekend with some girlfriends, and looking forward to it! Kind of been nervous in the back of my mind for 'healthy' eating... but thankful I have MFP on my blackberry now. I'm wondering if its rude to bring some fresh fruits for myself? Or... if I just go out to eat w/ the group and truly get healthy food!?!?! Yikes.... I've never worried about this in the past. But I'm just on an awesome roll!!! Also, there will be lots of alcohol involved. I'm always one to enjoy my drinks, especially with my girls... but I may just stick to a few beers (easier to track calories.) Does anyone have any favorite low cal drinks? I'm down for something new.....

Thanks all for the support! I love reading all the posts etc... Brides on a mission baybayyy!! ;)
  • jpsnickel
    jpsnickel Posts: 68
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I've been struggling to get back on track. I was down to 202.2 mid-February, but have been hovering around 204-205 these last couple of notches. Got back into the groove this week, so hopefully next week i'll have something good to post!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I love to read and my fiance and I both have a hard time passing up good books. We've been to two Border's recently that were going out of business and bought A LOT of books!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):School + Life + Wedding has been tough to manage, but as long as I keep putting one foot in front of the other, it should be manageable.

4. How do you stay organized with all the wedding paper work: When we first got engaged, I bought a bridal book, but then I also bought a binder and divided it into the same sections as the book. Each section has a sleeve protector (so I can put in clippings that I find) and paper (so I can write down notes). The binder is great because I can take it everywhere with me! We also have an accordion style organizer where we keep all of the contracts...that never leaves home!

5. Any wedding news updates: Went to a tasting on Saturday...the food was amazing!!!!!! I think i'm going to need an extra pair of Spanx just so I can keep looking great after all the food! =)

6. When something unexpected occurs and puts your daily routine off, how do you cope with the changes that need to be made: I'm big into lists...I need a to-do list to function. So if something comes up that needs to be done, I add it to the list and I know it will get done. Helps me visualize my priority list as well.

7. Share a healthy and quick dip/sauce/marinade (can be bottled and not an actual recipe) you like to use: I'm all about dry rubs. I have my spice cabinet stocked and look to that for inspiration. I also love the no-salt-added spice mixes. Jazzes up any old chicken or pork dish without the extra calories!

8. How did you do with the week 11 challenge (changing negative thoughts into positive ones): My fiance is a BIG negative thinker, so I'm pretty good at being an emotional cheerleader. I'm pretty good handling it myself...I just need a personal trainer in my head! =)

9. Weekly wrap up: I'M BACK BABY!! Had a couple of weeks where I had difficulty getting into the groove, but nice weather (except that it snowed today...what the heck is up with that!?!?!), new work-out clothes, and the fact that I'm quickly approaching the 6 month mark until the wedding has given me a firm kick in the butt!
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 12 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Lost about 5 lbs by being sick yesterday. :[ UGH.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Had the final fitting for my dress on Friday!! Everything looks good. I'm super excited!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I was sick ALL day yesterday. And I mean SICK. Nothing would stay down. I'm taking it easy today. I've eaten about 12 crackers and drank some ginger ale. Here's to feeling better tomorrow.

4. How do you stay organized with all the wedding paper work: I bought a wedding planner binder right after my fiance proposed, so I use that a lot.

5. Any wedding news updates: Dresses are done! Attendees list is finalized, and I am working out the seating chart!

6. When something unexpected occurs and puts your daily routine off, how do you cope with the changes that need to be made: I'm pretty flexible. I don't mind having my schedule get flustered.

7. Share a healthy and quick dip/sauce/marinade (can be bottled and not an actual recipe) you like to use: I love ranch dressing. And since I am a Carb Nazi, not a calorie or fat nazi, this sauce is perfect. Just 1 carb per serving!

8. How did you do with the week 11 challenge (changing negative thoughts into positive ones): Pretty good, I'd say. That can always use some work though.

9. Weekly wrap up: I'm back to my carb nazi ways!! Now that I know I can afford to lose a few lbs without my dress falling off, I am no longer "on hold". :]