If your gonna be negative, don't comment!

Options
Let me start by saying this had not happened to me, yet, and I hope it doesn't. But friends of mine on here have complained occasionally that they get negative comments about their exercise, food etc. There is a difference between giving helpful advice or sharing experiences. Its a total other situation if your leaving comments like "Nothing you eat is really good for you!" or "You will never lose any weight doing THAT exercise!" You may think your helping but your not. Please re-read what you write and if it sounds judgemental or too harsh either re-word it as a supportive statement or don't leave a comment at all.

Replies

• Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Right on! =) This is a place of support no negativity aloud!
  • ksloop00
    ksloop00 Posts: 144
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I totally agree!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    i totally agree, unless someone specifically asks for tough love , have some respect.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you spelled you're wrong. :huh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just kidding! I agree 100% LOL
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    wow! if someone wrote that on my wall, i'd delete that 'friend'.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i totally agree, unless someone specifically asks for tough love , have some respect.

Tough love works for some people, but I agree with you, you should make sure the person WANTS tough love before giving it! :)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree that this needs to be a supportive environment, but it should also be an honest one. If I post that I want to lose 8 lbs a week, I sincerely hope that someone tells me how unrealistic that is.

People should be tactful, but when you post in a public forum, there are always going to be people who disagree with each other.

As I said, I don't disagree entirely with what you are saying - people just need to perhaps find a kind way of getting their point across.
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    "like"
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I SO agree!!!!! If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all was what my mom taught me. If you ask for my advise I will give it to you in the best way possible is the modification I made to it. Still I mostly live by what Mom taught me. Hugs!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options

Would you beleive I'm a college graduate??? LOL When I get mad I type faster than my brain can spell!!!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    Options
    Crap and I just spelled BELIEVE wrong! LMAO!!!!!
  • goldysgal
    goldysgal Posts: 23
    Options
    as my mother always said.....................If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all !!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    Options
    I definitely agree that this needs to be a supportive environment, but it should also be an honest one. If I post that I want to lose 8 lbs a week, I sincerely hope that someone tells me how unrealistic that is.

People should be tactful, but when you post in a public forum, there are always going to be people who disagree with each other.

As I said, I don't disagree entirely with what you are saying - people just need to perhaps find a kind way of getting their point across.

This is all I meant... thank you.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

Would you beleive I'm a college graduate??? LOL When I get mad I type faster than my brain can spell!!!

HAHAHA

I know what you mean, I just thought it would be funny in an ironic sort of way.....no offense:flowerforyou:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I seriously cant beleive people on here are that rude....that's such a shame!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Crap and I just spelled BELIEVE wrong! LMAO!!!!!

LOL I wasn't gonna say it...............
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I have been bowled over by how lovely and supportive people on here are compared to every other forum I have used (they all seem to descend into factions and *****ing, and I see none of that here).
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    Options
    I have to say, I have been bowled over by how lovely and supportive people on here are compared to every other forum I have used (they all seem to descend into factions and *****ing, and I see none of that here).

I personally haven't seen it either but friends of mine have commented recently and I was surprised. Im of the opinion there is always a delete button, but for some they don't want to do that. But that is thier choice.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    i agree and want to tell you that for up to an hour after you post, you can edit that post for corrections and additions.