post em! your low-cal versions of favorite foods

Options
13»

Replies

• godslilgerl
    godslilgerl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Low fat Alfredo sauce ( great on steamed veggies)

2 cups nonfat milk
    1 8 oz package fat free philidelphia cream cheese
    1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp garlic powder
    White pepper to taste.

Warm milk in a saucepan. Cube cream cheese, melt part way in microwave (30 seconds) and wisk into milk. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.

2/3 cup = 160 calories

It's pretty good!

THIS IS HOW I MAKE MY ALFREDO SAUCE EXCEPT I MELT1 TBSP BUTTER IN A PAN THEN ADD THE CREAM CHEESE TO MELT IT THEN ADD THE MILK AND SOME FRESH GARLIC,SALT AND FRESH CRACKED BLK PEPPER ( I DON'T USE THE CHEESE BUT THAT WOULD JUST MAKE IT MORE YUMMY) AND I THINK ITS THE BOMB...I HAVE AN ETREMELY PICKY HUSBAND AND EVEN HE LOVES IT!
  • greeeek
    greeeek Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Apple slices, sprinkle with cinnamon and a tablespoon of crushed lowfat graham crackers, microwave for 2-3 minutes. Add low fat cool whip if you're feeling rebellious :P
  • godslilgerl
    godslilgerl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know a recipe That's Really LOW in calorie and EASY to make for teen ?

One of my go to breakfasts was a bagel thin toasted and each half topped w/ eggbeaters (which i made in the microwave) and a slice each of 2 % kraft singles then salt and fresh cracked pepper...put halves back in the microwave for aprox 15 sec to melt cheese and its delicious!!
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    Cheesecake - Light or no fat cream cheese mixed with ricotta, flavoured with SF vanilla, white chocolate or cheesecake pudding powder. Top with fruit. Can put a bit of graham cracker crumbs on the bottom.

Peanut butterscotch marshmellow squares - My fix for this is just SF butterscotch pudding mixed with pb and banana, topped with cool whip. Although I guess some mini marshmellows mixed in instead of the banana would work nicely.
  • abookreader2
    abookreader2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump