How many lbs do you want to lose?

Options

Replies

• Kathe
    Kathe Posts: 10
    Options
    I weigh 178 and my goal is 140. That will get me back into my size 5 jeans and feeling much more energetic. Carrying around an extra 40 pounds is really tiring. Kathe
  • strideconmigo
    Options
    i'd like to lose about 10 lbs by january. i gained like 30-ish over the summer and ive lost over half of that off in the past couple months. im glad to be on "home stretch" finally. =]
  • stargirlie
    Options
    i just found this site tonight, i am 207 and i want to get down to a healthy 150, anyone got any tips for me? :flowerforyou:
  • alymarest
    Options
    I am 5'11" 159lbs and i would like to be 130-135:happy:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    i just found this site tonight, i am 207 and i want to get down to a healthy 150, anyone got any tips for me? :flowerforyou:

Stick to it. Exercise and think positive. You can do it. It is a lifestyle change and we are all here for you. Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • KCPlanner
    Options
    When I started using this site I was at 215.....as of today I am at 210......on my way to 200.

I attribute my success thus far to an improving diet, daily exercise and constantly keeping my health at the top of my mind.

If it isn't important to you, then it isn't likely to happen. Stay dedicated and don't let anything get in your way.

Tonight is a great example....I had a date tonight....I got home at around 9pm, and instead of staying in and watching the rest of Sunday Night Football, I worked out at the gym....I burned over 1,000 calories and did about 45 minutes of weight training. I feel great about it and hope to maintain that level of commitment.

I know there will be times when I fall off the wagon, but as long as I maintain my focus, I like my chances of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Forrest
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I started at 209 and now I am at 158.4, I want to get down to 125. So I am down 51 lbs and 33 lbs to go
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" and would love to be 123. I'm about 130 right now. I'd be happy with 125, though. I used to be 145...
  • stargirlie
    Options

Stick to it. Exercise and think positive. You can do it. It is a lifestyle change and we are all here for you. Good luck.:flowerforyou:

thanks so much 'icandoit' just filled in my first days food + exercise, i feel motivated already :flowerforyou:
  • Alaskanhiker
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm 5' exactly. I fluctuate between 135-138 currently. I would love to get down to 120 pounds. 120 is a good weight for my frame but ideally I just want to be at a healthy BMI. 20 BMI would be awesome
  • DrWhoFanatic47
    Options
    Try to think of yourself as more than just appearance! Use another method of "weight" control - like waist size or body fat percentage. Think about Rose (you know who I'm talking about Dr. Who Fan), she has a healthy, attractive body and I bet she weighs more than 125...
    [/quote]

Thanks a lat! and your right about rose that's one of the reasons i think Billie Piper is so amazing. I try your suggestions. :smile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I started at 247, when I saw that number on the doctors scale I about shart myself.
    Wake up and get moving! My goal is 140-150, I was 150 when I met my husband and he likes a little meat, yea, I have plenty now..lol.

Down to 222, figure when I get close to goal I will guage the final goal by how I look and feel, I don't want to look like a bobble headed girl like terri hatcher!

its a big goal but I am determined.
  • tonidemeza
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and weigh in at 180lbs...not the biggest I've ever been, but I I'd like to get down to about 145...so 35lbs or so. my husband comes home from Afghanistan in August 2008 so I wanna look smokin hot!! :tongue:
  • memeburke
    Options
    Hi eveyone,
    I joined in Oct. at 215 lbs. As of today ( Dec. 13th ) I weigh 190 lbs.. I'm 5' 2" and my goal is 135 lbs. No specific date, but would be nice to wear a bathing suit again and not feel self contious. I'm 60 years old ,and I don't think it will be easy. This site , and the people here are terrific. I can't get everything done durring the day because I'm always charting something or reading the advice people are geting in hopes its something that will help me also. As long as I stick with MFP I know I will stick with, and do what I set out to do.
    Shirley
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,953 Member
    Options
    memeburke!

Congratulations! You've done some work, huh?

CAUTION this site is addictive. I spend way too much time here. But every day I gain a new "mantra" or a new idea about food, or someone always has something helpful.

Keep it up! I'm 53, and I AM going to put on a bathing suit in May....but - a one peice or tankini, for sure!

~Cheryl
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,953 Member
    Options
    I dont know how many I want to loose...my mom doesnt think that i should loose any, but that mom for ya. I weigh about 125ish, and im 5' 6" which sounds ok, but i want to feel comfortable so about 5 more lbs would be nice. I used to weigh about 138 by the way, and i wanted to get to 125, which i've got to and before this horrible thanksgiving week i was about 123, but im never happy even though i've reached my goal.

I dont want to keep going until im inhealthy, but im afraid to stop. HELP:cry:

We all suffer from a bit of "body-dysmorphia". That is when we have an unrealistic view of what our body looks like. Most of us just can't see in the mirror that we have lost weight. Unfortunately, that is what leads people into eating disorders. That and obsessive thought-processes. Such as,

"Oh, well if I ate 1/2 portion I could lose more, if I ate a 1/4 portion I could lose more, if I ate ONE bite I could lose MORE." or "If I lost ten pounds and I am at a healthy weight, why not lose 15 and be perfect?" (and of course, 15 will not be good enough either following the above logic.....)

In each case, realistic thoughts have gone out the window. Just be careful with it. Make sure you maintain a recommended amount of body fat: we all need a certain percentage for healthy brain and organ function. Continue to educate yourself with reputable sources. We don't always know what's best here. We usually just relate our own personal experiences.

It would be good for you to talk to a doctor, nutritionist, or fitness coach (like a trainer) and ask them what your healthy range is for body fat and weight.

Take care of yourself, keep coming back.

~Cheryl
  • Highsmith
    Options
    I am 153 and want to lose 20-25 lbs. I am 5 ft talk but with a shaply body. So I don't want to be any smaller than 125 because at 135 most people started calling me a bobble head. HAHAHA. I just want to look healthy and stay healthy.
    Highsmith
  • Highsmith
    Options
    DR.......You have to decided what's really going on..... You sound like me some years ago when I lost well over 50 lbs but everyone keep saying I looked fine but I didn't think so. I was 135 at 5 ft and everything said that I should be 103-130 but I think that for my built that was just to small. So I started to do something crzay after I gained 30 lbs back. I started looking at my old pictures when I was 135 and said I wasn't bad at all I just needed to tone. I realized that it wasn't the weight that I was needed to change it was my thinking. So now I am back trying to do it again but this time I will accept that I am not going to be 103 nor will I be 115 but I am comfortable with 125-135, toned and Heathy. You have to focus on what is really important which is physical and mental health. So look at yourself and find the wonderful things you have going instead of concentrating on those things you can't change. Good Luck
  • cellorocker
    Options
    I'm only 20, and I weigh 185. I don't ever even remember being skinny. Just bad choices from my mom and bad choices from me. My mom turned to surgery to save her life. I told myself I would never do that. I'd kill myself if I ever it 200. But it's the small steps that matter. Before I turn 21, I want to lose at least 5 pounds.
    My goal is to weigh 115, or 125. I want to go on summer vacation from Fresno State, and come back and have everybody not know who I am.
    I'm just sick of being /like this/ so I'm going to lose it.
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4 and I currently weigh 186, My ultimate goal is 135 but I could easily settle for 145. I'd like to be there before August 2008. That's about 6.5 lbs a month. I think I can handle that. :happy: