Morbidly Obese. PCOS. Motivation.

Options
13»

Replies

• qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Wow Your introduction is great! Welcome to changing your life. I was told at a young age I probably wouldnt have kids in a natural way, I would need some type of help. Well the doctors were wrong I now have 2 wonderful boys. Making the choice to get healthy is a great one, enjoy the journey, dont beat yourself up for anything, Believe in yourself, Devote yourself to your dream and You can succeed in all you do, making positive choices is the key in how you think and what you do.
  • regi1
    regi1 Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome. I wish you the best. Just remember that the scale isnt the only thing to measure your success. I have found that out myself. WHen your clothes start to fall off even when the scale does not move you have made an accomplishment. It is not an easy road but you can do it.
  • AmerH
    AmerH Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi :) One of the reasons why I like this site so much is the admiration I have for people like you. You go!! I'm rooting for you! Thank you for your wonderful post. And being a mother of five, (three step-kids and two birth kids) I can vouch for how wonderful it is to be a mother; there's nothing like it in the world. If you need some more support, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • sooty0703
    sooty0703 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are taking the first steps on your journey! Best of luck!
  • sairanasir
    sairanasir Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can definetly do it - we are all here to back you up. Feel free to add me as your friend:smile:
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to the big "E" on the scale....or in my case they always said "Err"! Like "Err....get off me!" The highest I ever was was 401...that was after I had my daughter. I weighed 287 when I got pregnant (after losing 67 pounds) and then really took "eating for two" to a whole new level! I kept on eating even after she was born until I reached mt highest weight and realized I was slowly killing myself. So I lost some weight, got off track, and then jumped back on with MFP in December. My ticker reflects my loss from December, so I'm at 346 now. You can do this!
  • tssa
    tssa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Punky, your motivation is inspiring to me. ,I too, am morbidly obese so I know what 'issues" and "set backs" we big girls have to go through. I'm new to MFP and the more & more I read the message boards and blogs the more excited I get about my own journey. Good luck to you on yours. You are already have the mind-set down pat.

Add me as a friend, you can never have too much support.

Wishing you the best on this life-changing path. :happy:
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I want you to know that telling your story and joining this site are definitely going to be the first steps in your successful weight loss journey. We are all here for you and if you have questions or need support don't hesitate to ask. If you get frustrated picture what it will be like to be a mommy and keep on going. You inspire me! Add me if you want.
  • stephdesiree
    Options
    Great first post! I love the honesty! I joined this site 9 days ago and it is amazing! I am sure you will meet great people on here, and support is key! Please add me if you want and we can help keep eachother motivated!
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. :D Go get 'em. Starting off is the hardest part.
  • LYNNPETTY93
    Options
    WOW! I love how you just came out with the "sex" thing.. Love it.. I know you are going to be a great mom one day, and all the tools you learn now will only be past down to him or her.. Good for you... being blessed with the best (Hub), and just keep on pushing. Its one day at a time.. One step at a time, and you can do it.. Add me! I'm here..
  • missdana2011
    Options
    Youll love MFP... Lots of support and great ideas. I have to say that I really admire someone like yourself that has a real goal in front of them...never mind these people with 20lbs to lose. You are the real inspiration. Good luck in your journey of health and please add me as a friend. I would love to be motivated by your progress!

Miss Dana :)
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! You will be happy you joined! This is the best site on the internet that I have found for motivation and success in weight loss and reaching your goals! You will find lots of friends here that are all about support and motivating one another! Please feel free to friend me.....I too would love to follow your progress and encourage you in your journey!

Two things I have learned about this program that I did not know in the beginning that helped me the most were:

1. To make my food diary public
    great accountability tool! Your friend's can chime in when you need extra
    encouragement to eat your food, drink your water and get better nutrition.

2. Eat your exercise calories! Whenever you log your cardiovascular workouts MFP registers and calculates your
    burned calories and adds them to your daily caloric intake. When I first started on this site that confused me until
    I heard others on here talking about eating your exercise calories and how important it is to do for optimal health
    and weight loss.

Check out this post and the links provided!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

Best to you!
    :drinker: Ruth:flowerforyou:

P.S. I started in the beginning of March 2011. My goal is to drop at least 85 pounds as I too am obese.
    I have not yet lost weight in pounds but I have reduced inches and fat percentage. I expect that as I continue
    on this journey that the scale will begin to move for me as well!
  • seespi
    seespi Posts: 10
    Options
    I congratulate you on your progress already. I too have PCOS and found that to be my focus for weight loss, I too long to be a mommy and a healthy one at that. Thanks for the motivation you inspired into me today by posting on here. I hope you will add me as a friend=) good luck on the journey.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Hello and good luck. This site is great :-) I sent you a friend request.
  • mking86
    mking86 Posts: 4
    Options
    I started at 342.. I'm now at 320 and I just started at the end of January!! you can do it!!