What's everyones hobbies?

Options
I was thinking about my hobbies recently and how I need to get back into some and out of others so I thought I'd do a post to find out what everyone else is doing these days...

I pretty much have a sick addiction to playing pool. I don't go as much as I used to but at some points it was almost 5 nights a week. We recently joined another pool league though that plays Tuesdays so I might be right back at it...
I also love to write and take pictures. I have a poem published but lost steam a couple of years ago when I started working more and had other things going on. I've also had some photographs in a couple art shows and mostly I just love doing edits. What about everyone else?

Replies

• mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about my hobbies recently and how I need to get back into some and out of others so I thought I'd do a post to find out what everyone else is doing these days...

I pretty much have a sick addiction to playing pool. I don't go as much as I used to but at some points it was almost 5 nights a week. We recently joined another pool league though that plays Tuesdays so I might be right back at it...
    I also love to write and take pictures. I have a poem published but lost steam a couple of years ago when I started working more and had other things going on. I've also had some photographs in a couple art shows and mostly I just love doing edits. What about everyone else?
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I like to scrapbook and love photography. Haven't worked on my scrapbooking in a while with summer and two kids I've been pretty busy.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I like to knit :embarassed: especially on cold winter nights with a movie playing. I also paint, draw and write :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Cook (collect recipes), work out, write poetry, etc.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I used to make candles and decorate the jars. I haven't done that in years. I might get back into that some day, just don't seem to have the time. I really don't have any hobbies right now but what I do to relax is either read a book or go out on the front porch and watch the deer and birds, or go and play with my dogs. I'm kinda boring!!! Must get out of that !

Memaw
  • mholmes
    Options
    Don't laugh!!! This was the first poem I wrote and the one that got published.
    http://www.poetry.com/dotnet/P4422117/999/1/display.aspx
  • mholmes
    Options
    I used to make candles and decorate the jars. I haven't done that in years. I might get back into that some day, just don't seem to have the time. I really don't have any hobbies right now but what I do to relax is either read a book or go out on the front porch and watch the deer and birds, or go and play with my dogs. I'm kinda boring!!! Must get out of that !

Memaw

Making candles? That's so groovy! I wanna get into that once we move out to our new house.
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    I Like scrapbooking, I make some of my own dresses or skirts and sometime tops.
    I love to sing along to music I like pretty much every kind of music out there. I also love taking photos of my kids and family. Oh and I love shopping:smokin:
  • ophelian
    ophelian Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a singer. I sing folk. Alternative folk, rather - in the vein of Tori Amos, Ani DiFranco, you know the type. I'd say that I play guitar as well but really its the bare minimum accompaniment. I'm not that good.

Pretty much anything to do with music - playing, listening, writing - makes me happy. I also love walks in the woods (rural Indiana is actually pretty beautiful.) Travel is a big one too, a lot of my discretionary income is spent on trips to either coast or abroad for sightseeing. Lots of quick road trips for concerts.

Good question!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Memaw

Making candles? That's so groovy! I wanna get into that once we move out to our new house.
    I really enjoyed it. I started out by getting the kits and then I just started collecting all different types of jars and stuff that I thought would make cool looking candle holders and poured and melted my own and added the different scents. Then I would decorate the jars and such. Was fun.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I used to quilt, but don't have the time anymore - someday I will get back into it. I have many samples of my work leftover from the days when my boys were toddlers. I even have one posted in my profile.

I love to make gift baskets when someone is having a baby or a birthday. The ingredients vary in cost and the results are usually breathtaking.

I also journal a lot. I don't have a lot of friends, so venting my feelings into a private journal is almost as good as therapy. I have a natural talent for prolific writing.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

"There once was a man from Nantuc....." nono.gif
  • mholmes
    Options

"There once was a man from Nantuc....." nono.gif

:huh:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Does exercising count?

How about posting on mfp?

:laugh:
  • mholmes
    Options
    Does exercising count?

How about posting on mfp?

:laugh:

I spend enough time on here... I should be on the payroll!!:laugh:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    flirting
  • mholmes
    Options
    flirting

He ain't lyin :blushing:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    flirting

He ain't lyin :blushing:

haha :laugh: you love it
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    mine is a bad for dieting hobby but i love it!!!!:heart::heart: :heart:

i decorate cakes!!!!!!!! i have a few pics in my profile. :heart:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    how about stalkin' :ohwell: ...."collecting THINGS" ( as in a big pit ).....:wink: