favourite ways to have cottage cheese

Options
1235»

Replies

• Lulana
    Lulana Posts: 19
    Options
    sprinkle in some garlic salt, chop up a couple spring onions and mix, scoop out the flesh from a baked potato mix in the cottage cheese and put back into the skins......Yummy!!!
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    On toasted bread, crackers, crispbread or English muffins with some pepper and a sliced tomato.

Mixed with chopped garlic, pepper, chives, spring onions and basil on boiled potatoes (with skin on).

Plain as a dip for carrots and celery stalks.
  • Cynthiafaron
    Cynthiafaron Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I use it as a base for deviled eggs
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I like mixed with salsa to make a dip for Pepperidge Farm Cracker Chips. YUM!
  • Ponpress05
    Options
    Love it on toast!!
  • tiaydew
    tiaydew Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas. I thought I was the only person who didn't like fruit in their cottage cheese. I usually eat it as a dip or topping for veggies or scrambled eggs
  • jhawkins1988
    Options
    Just salt and pepper for me! It is awesome on crackers as well!:smile:
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I agree -- I'm going to have to put 4 tubs of cottage cheese on my list to try out all of these ideas.

I have really gotten into the cottage cheese with grape tomatoes.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    take 1/2 c. fat free cottage cheese
    top it with 1 tbls. crystal hot sauce
    eat it with a serving of baked ruffles....mmmmm i might just have some right now!
  • luv3pups
    luv3pups Posts: 4
    Options
    I have cottage cheese every morning with fresh blueberries on top of a light toasted english muffin! It's so delicious, filling, and healthy!
  • wwagw72
    wwagw72 Posts: 45
    Options
    I don't like the texture of cottage cheese. So.. I blend it creamy, eat it with mandarine oranges, strawberries and splenda. Tastes like Cream cheese and is amazing!!!! Don't eat too much.
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump....There are so many ideas I never would have thought to try!
  • jclark051
    jclark051 Posts: 20
    Options
    I enjoy the non-fat cottage cheese with Pineapple pieces in it! I also like to mix regular cottage cheese with a thing of the Light-and-Fit Dannon Yogurt (preferably Blueberry or Raspberry). Its a treat and fills you up.
  • btmixon
    btmixon Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • aam_84
    aam_84 Posts: 46
    Options
    I love tomatoes on my cottage cheese with salt and pepper! This may sound weird but as a kid, I used to put a small amout of maple syrup on it.... yummy!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese on a baked potato with 2 tablespoons of corn on top with pepper...yum
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    In my hot oatmeal, sprinkled with cinnomin and brown sugar and cooked banana
  • FreeToBeMeIn2014
    FreeToBeMeIn2014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    my favorite is with just a small spoonful of spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce and heated for about 10 seconds. DELICIOUS!!!! reminds me of lasagna!!!
  • stellagreg
    Options
    I always ate mine with peaches or pineapple but the other day I had bananas that needed to be used.
    I mixed 1/2 cup (1 serving) of the cottage cheese, 1 banana, sliced, and 1/2-1 Tbsp of organic amber agave nectar. I have to say, I LOVED it!!!
    I have made it several times since!