competitive

Options
So I am a very competitive person, but friendly competitive! IS there any one on here that needs to lose around 45 pounds and wants to try a little competition to see who can lose the most weight in a month? I know it's sounds silly, but I think it might help to keep me motivated!:laugh:

Replies

• kirstenkohn
    Options
    So I am a very competitive person, but friendly competitive! IS there any one on here that needs to lose around 45 pounds and wants to try a little competition to see who can lose the most weight in a month? I know it's sounds silly, but I think it might help to keep me motivated!:laugh:
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    I want to lose 45 pounds by Dec:happy:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I have 48 to lose! I love challenges!
  • Mary24
    Options
    I thought about it and why not lets do it!
    Mary:heart:
  • funo145
    funo145 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Count me in! The smallest I've ever seen my body is 20lbs less than i am now ... but to lose 45 is my ideal... maybe I can push a little harder if I stick with you all!!
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    yay good, now we have a good group to compete with. Tomorow lets post our weight for the first day, and then in one month we'll see who has lost the most:) i'm excited!
  • Mary24
    Options
    OK I Gus I will go first, Start July 18th 08

I'm 5"8 inches tall
    I'm 49 inches around the waist
    I weigh 241 pounds as of this morning

Today I will stay within my calories exercise to my Lesley Sanson DVD for 60 min and tack a walk to the park, I'm thinking of doing 20 sit-ups

Mary:heart:
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    today i'm at 165, and i'm 5'4

I'm going to try to stay within my calories, I have a birthday to go to, I 'll have to exersice a little extra today:) to make up for it.

Mary you're amazing a 60 min video and a walk to the park and sit ups!!! WAY TO GO!
    I think i'm going to have to work extra hard with you in the competition : )

45 pound still to go for me ; p
  • funo145
    funo145 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    OK here we go :)

1st day - July 18th

5'1 inches tall
    39 inches around the waist
    I weigh 163 as of this morning...

Today... humm... gym time (elliptical usually... and maybe some resistance workouts)... stay within my cal. goal... oh.. and to go shopping to get foods to make eating within my limits easier :)

Good luck everyone!! :)
    Flo
  • BLammi
    BLammi Posts: 34
    Options
    Hello!
    I have 45 pounds to lose, so hope you don't mind me joining in - I love/need motivation!!!

Today, July 18th - I weigh (sigh) 219 lbs.

I'm at home with the kids and packing for a two week vacation . . . I have my fingers crossed and a bit of a plan to continue with eating right, but leaving routine is never a good thing for me (again, sigh).

Good luck everyone!
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    We are glad to have you join in, we're just starting today, so perfect timing!!! : )
  • kristie874
    Options
    5'6"
    188 lbs as of this morning
    No idea what my measurements are...I should check into that. :)

I walked on my treadmill between 3.5-3.8 mph with just a .5% incline for 68 minutes this morning and did a total of 4 miles. I also did some stretching. I need to find a way (and time and energy) to incorporate strength training...

This is going to be fun! I can always use extra incentive to keep on track! Thanks guys...err...gals!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Is it to late to join?
  • kristie874
    Options
    Come on in and take a seat! We just started today!
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Thanks,

As of this morning I was at 217lbs
    I am 5'6"
    Need to do the measurements just haven't found the time.

This morning I rode the bike at the Gym for 10 mins.
    I did weights with my biceps and triceps 50 mins.

Hope to be able to walk tonight.

Thanks for the challenge. Good luck everyone

Toni
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I tried to start a 'biggest loser' thing at work and it didn't get going... My current goal is to get to 160 pounds, which is 25 pounds away...

HOWEVER, I could really stand to lose that extra 15 pounds to get me to 40... I was just trying to start small so I can feel like I'm making progress...

Can I join in?

Today is 185, (my highest ever was 203 - not counting during pregnancy)...
    I am 5'7"...
    No idea on measurements.. I honestly don't want to know :embarassed:

don't know if I'll get around to exercising today, might try to take my twins for a bike ride tonight.. it's a great workout with an extra 60 pounds to pull behind me!

Thanks for doing this!
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    of course you can join too, I only said about 45 because that's what i'm trying to lose, but we're glad to have you:smile:
  • rosenbss
    rosenbss Posts: 54
    Options
    hey id love to join im 194 today and id love to loose about 50 pounds by xmas.. 5'5 btw..
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    hey ladies, I lost a pound yesterday!WOOHOO!!! I was actually good at the birthday!
  • JayEm47
    JayEm47 Posts: 49
    Options
    heyy i was wondering if it would be okay if i joined starting tomorrow? i only have about 30-35 lbs to lose but i could really use the motivation.