Best Breakfast Cereal

Options
cem2168
cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
I love cereal! I could eat it all day... which I know is probably a bad idea haha... but, whats everyone's favorite cereal? Any favorite ones thats great to incorporate for weightloss? Low sugar? Low carb? Low fat? Whats your way to go?

Replies

• Lynne30
    Lynne30 Posts: 7
    Options
    I like Fibre 1... I add nuts & fresh blueberries... I also love shredded wheats.
  • cjreesejr
    cjreesejr Posts: 22
    Options
    a great cereal to have is oatmeal. its not exactly low carb but considering it has protein and fiber its a great way to start your day off!i eat oatmeal almost every morning 8 or 9 months out of the year
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    For cold cereal, I like the Kashi cereals. Go Lean Crunch is very tasty as are some of their other varieties. They have quite a lot fiber and protein which is a good way to start the day! Saying that, I often have cold cereal and milk after a workout. My breakfast is typically high fiber cinnamon swirl oatmeal and cheese or other protein source.
  • missdana2011
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch....high in protein and tastes great.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal (not instant) is fantastic because it has so much fiber! Keeps you full forever. I usually have it with some protein.

Kashi Go Lean (original) is also really good. 13g protein, 10g fiber, 1g fat. Hard to find a better cereal! http://www.kashi.com/products/golean_original
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I like Go Lean Honey Almond Flax--high fiber and protein, but it is higher in calories. Go Lean Original is also good and very high fiber and protein. I will also eat things like cheerios and add Fiber One to it. But, my favorite cereal is Cinnamon Toast Crunch :0
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to follow the alli diet plan that is in their book ( without the pills) and they recommend whole grain cherrios I think it is like a cup and half with a peice of fruit and some fat free milk it also talks about raisin bran and grape but flakes. Hope this helps
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Strictly for taste, Cinnamon Burst Cheerios is the best. The calories aren't any worse than regular Cheerios.
  • mark50674
    Options
    I like Post Raisin Bran. It's one of the cheapest and has a lot of fiber. The raisins take care of my sweet fix for the morning too.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I like Cascadian Farms Hearty Morning Fiber. It tastes good, you get a nice 3/4 cup portion, and it's got a ton of fiber in it. It does have 10g sugar but that's not too bad for a cereal, it makes up for it with 9g fiber and 5g protein. It keeps me full and happy.
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I find that oatmeal by itself is not amazing, but when you add in a diced apple, some cinnamon and blueberries it becomes amazing :)
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Kashi go lean is my fav cold cereal....other mornings is oatmeal
  • ftoddw
    ftoddw Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean Crunch for boxed cold cereals - But hands down - Oatmeal (from a can) mixed with fruit and vanilla protein powder is my favorite of all. Fills you up, keeps you warm - loaded with everything good and nothing bad.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Dorset cereals low fat with cherry and apple.
  • brittfam
    brittfam Posts: 34
    Options
    I love cereal! I could eat it all day... which I know is probably a bad idea haha... but, whats everyone's favorite cereal? Any favorite ones thats great to incorporate for weightloss? Low sugar? Low carb? Low fat? Whats your way to go?

Kashi cereals ( Go Lean Crunch) with Vanilla Pure Almond milk.. my favorite!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    Fiber One Honey Clusters....

Serving is 1 CUP (awesome), cal 160, fat 1.5, sodium 230, potassium 180, fiber 13, sugar 6 (but it is so sweet!), protein 3.

Whole grain wheat, corn bran, corn starch, inulin?, sugar, whole grain oats......

There are cereals with better stats, but not better stats and better taste IMO. :drinker:
  • elizabeth9474
    Options
    Honey Nut Cheerios didn't look so bad to me!???
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Im a Special K - Fruit and Yogurt type of gal myself. I need a lot of Iron and it gives me a great boost of it :) Plus, I enjoy the tasty dry or with milk. I never was a big cereal eater, but this stuff is great. Or, just plan old Cheerios is another great one :)
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    I don't eat grains so what I do is slivered raw almonds, dried or fresh fruit, unsweetned coconut flakes and almond milk. YUMMY I would not change it at all. I do sometimes use other nuts like walnut, pecans, depends what I have. Just no peanuts I don't eat those either.
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I looove Kellogg's FiberPlus Antioxidants Berry Yogurt Crunch! One cup has 10 grams of fiber, about 40% of you daily needs. Also the Kashi Go Lean Crunch is another one that's high in fiber and tastes great. In fact, after this post I think I'm going to go have bowl of cereal for breakfast.:smile: