Best Breakfast Cereal

Options

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    If you like Cinnamon Toast Crunch try Total Cinnamon Crunch, more vitamins, fiber, and less sugar and tastes the same. Love it. Also love Shredded Wheat, Kashi Berry Blossoms, any flavor Cheerios, Oatmeal, and Malt-O-Meal
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to follow the alli diet plan that is in their book ( without the pills) and they recommend whole grain cherrios I think it is like a cup and half with a peice of fruit and some fat free milk it also talks about raisin bran and grape but flakes. Hope this helps
    honey nut cheerios is awesome also!!!!!!!!!!!
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Honey Nut Cheerios didn't look so bad to me!???
    i love em cause they're healthy and i don't have to add sweetener. lol
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Original. Low in calories and fat, and high in protein (13 grams).
  • pauljohnsadler
    Options
    Lucky Charms!!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Strictly for taste, Cinnamon Burst Cheerios is the best. The calories aren't any worse than regular Cheerios.

I LOVE THESE!!!
  • halfashadow
    Options
    totally recommend kashi go lean, like everyone else. it's a little less sweet than most cereal, but it's amazing with vanilla soymilk :) and PLEASE, if you love your tastebuds, also try nature's path organic flax plus pumpkin granola cereal. it's honestly so delicious, i could eat it all day, and its all natural and has tons of fiber.
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I could eat cereal for every meal. Some favorties are Wheaties Fuel, Quaker Oatmeal Squares (dry, they make a great on-the-go snack) Special K with red berries and Special K with the little chocolate pieces.
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Grape nuts! I usually eat anywhere from 1/2 cup to a full cup every day with skim milk - I have so much more energy - yes, they have lots of sodium and carbs, but they also have lots of protein and fiber too! On weekends, I like to cook oatmeal - I agree that it is the best, and I love it plain!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Cool thread...

I am lactose intolerent and I don't like Soy milk, so I eat my cereal dry. I like to mix Wheat Chex, with a small handful of cashews and almonds as well as dried cherries. It is a great meal for energy if I will be working out an hour or so after breakfast.

On lazy days, I like to make CoCo Wheats. I will mix in some walnuts and dried cherries with a splash of 1% milk...I like to eat that on rest days as it carries my into lunch without getting hungry, especially if I throw in an overeasy egg on the side.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Favorites in order (not by taste preference, but by how nutritious they are):
    1. Steel Cut Oatmeal
    2. Post Shredded Wheat n' Bran
    3. Kashi Go Lean
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Cream of wheat!!! Erewhon rice cereal mmmmm! Bob's Red Mill might tasty cereal. Oh I LOVE Cereals!
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    a great cereal to have is oatmeal. its not exactly low carb but considering it has protein and fiber its a great way to start your day off!i eat oatmeal almost every morning 8 or 9 months out of the year

I really like oatmeal too. I like to make it with a little bit of cinnamon, and use almond milk instead of regular milk or water. That ups the protein a bit, adds "good fat", and the almond milk is naturally sweet, so I don't need to add sugar.
  • andrea10191
    andrea10191 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like Nature's Path Mesa Sunrise with soy or almond milk. The cereal is gluten free too.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi Cinnamon Harvest. I also heard they have another one called berry squares, or something and it's 100 calories for 3/4 cup! I will be finding that one soon. :)
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    special k cinnamon/pecan is really, really yummy! i'm also a big fan of plain ol' rice krispies and cheerios.
  • sbmargo
    sbmargo Posts: 9
    Options
    It takes some cooking but if you make a big container of steelcut Irish oatmeal all at once, you can put it in the refr and eat from it all week. That with a cup of frozen wild blueberries: mmmmm. And it does stick to your ribs so you're not hungry in an hour.
  • jeannas
    jeannas Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Bump

some really good suggestions!
  • bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    LOVE this thread! I am also a huge fan of cereal. Agree with others that Kashi Go Lean Crunch is fantastic! Most days however, I have oatmeal with some craisins or raisins and a touch of granola. Uggh, and the new Frosted Mini Wheats with a Touch of Fruit are delicious but definitely not the best for you with 10g of sugar and 190 calories per 21 squares.

Oh, and love the idea of adding some protein powder to the oatmeal...I will def. have to try that now!
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi go lean as well and I found the off brand of it at our local Aldi store.....much cheaper and tastes just as good:)