The Dog Pound

Options
RoadDog
RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
Just wanted to open a place where we could encourage each other, help one another and share our sucesses. Hope you'll join in and keep this a positive thread.

Personally, I consider myself to be a fairly "together" type of person. Have friends and family that are wonderful and supportive. I've been lucky enough to achieve many successes, both financially and personally. The one place I can improve is in my fitness. That's where MFP has helped me. I have met so many great people. Thank you.

Please share.

Replies

• KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Great idea RD!! I love MFP and have been blessed with not only a wonderful, supportive, encouraging family and friends, but also an amazing network of friends here on MFP that are just THE BEST!!!:heart: I love how supportive MFP'ers are of each other!! I am so proud to have each and every one of my MFP friends as a friend here, they are all rockstars!! :drinker: This includes you RD, you da man!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    I am so excited to be working on me! In the past (almost) 3 years I have managed to lose a total of 132 lbs!!!
    I married a wonderful man 9months ago.
    Moved to a brand new state/new job.
    My child is healthy!
    I am so blessed and thrilled to see what the future holds for me! Success, peace, joy, health and love.
    Thanks for allowing me to share this journey with you MFPs!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to have much time today... too much prep at work for my upcoming vacay.

However I wanted to say thank you for starting this thread and also tag it for later!

:smooched:
  • RoadDog
    Options
    I am so excited to be working on me! In the past (almost) 3 years I have managed to lose a total of 132 lbs!!!
    I married a wonderful man 9months ago.
    Moved to a brand new state/new job.
    My child is healthy!
    I am so blessed and thrilled to see what the future holds for me! Success, peace, joy, health and love.
    Thanks for allowing me to share this journey with you MFPs!

You're amazing Charlene! Do you realize that in the not so distant future you will have lost more weight than you will weigh at that time. Few people have your tenacity and resolve. You inspire and keep me on track.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can say without a doubt is that I am going through a transformation, and every pang of struggle and resistance I feel is one step closer to being finished. I am a caterpillar that is hidden and liquifying into a butterfly. I know that I have to go through this until completion. If I leave my cocoon before I'm done, I will be flying around with underdeveloped wings.

I do have positives in my life that I may or may not see, depending on what kind of mood I'm in (see Enneagram Type 4 personality) ;).... I am independent, I am working, I have a degree, I speak another language, I have parents who love me, I don't have bosses breathing down my throat (instead, they ignore me.... not sure which is worse), I'm not stuck in a bad relationship or marriage (I never date), I can write well, I am polite, I care about others, even people I've never met in real life.

Thank you for being my friend and continuing to encourage me. Now go get your bike and take me for a ride. :glasses:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Woof!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I like the positivity RoadDog. MFP has had a major impact on my health and fitness in the last three and a half months and I love all the good feedback I get - positive and negative. I love that my friends on here will be honest with me and not just feed me sunshine and roses when I need to fix something. THAT, to me, is true support and it's been what has helped push me to get to where I am now.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    You rock roaddog!! I LOVE MFP and have been lucky enough to have found a great group of friends who encourage, motivate and support me. I couldn't continue on without them and MFP. :love: :heart: :smooched:
  • ♥jewel♥
    ♥jewel♥ Posts: 839
    Options
    A fabulous idea Road Dog! I have seriously stalled in my weight loss and am trying to get myself back in gear. Thank you for doing this. If there are any folks on this thread that haven't done, feel free to add me as a friend :smooched: :heart:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Woof! Woof! (tongue hangs out of mouh panting and tail wagging)
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Woof Woof!!!

10 months ago when I found MFP it changed my life! I have met so many wonderful people on here that truly inspire me & push me to do my best each & every day. I know for sure that I wouldn't be sitting here 55 lbs lighter today, had it not been for all of YOU!

I think MFP needs to have some sort of meet & greet thing where we can actually get together someday! I'm sure RD would show up on his bike looking all HAWT! :bigsmile: :blushing: :love:
  • RoadDog
    Options

I think MFP needs to have some sort of meet & greet thing where we can actually get together someday! I'm sure RD would show up on his bike looking all HAWT! :bigsmile: :blushing: :love:

You give me a guest list of who can make it to Portland, Oregon and pick a Saturday in June or August and I would love to BBQ for everybody.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

You give me a guest list of who can make it to Portland, Oregon and pick a Saturday in June or August and I would love to BBQ for everybody.

June or August, huh? So you are starting this shin dig??? :happy:
  • RoadDog
    Options
    June or August, huh? So you are starting this shin dig??? :happy:

Actually, August would be best for me. But, yes, I would definitely throw this shindig at my place. BBQ Ribs, Brisket, Chicken. Wouldn't be healthy, but it'd be a lot of fun.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options

I could totally make it up there during the Summer. My dad and step-mom live near the Clackamas Town Center and it would give me an excuse to visit them and meet up with MFP folks at the same time. Plus, airfare is pretty cheap from NorCal on Southwest right now.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I'll drive down. It isn't that far. :smile:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I'm in Ohio, don't think I'll make it. You kids have fun.

Here's my BBQ recipe. It's really quite healthy, the grease and fat mostly drips away.

Southern pulled pork barbecue

Meat:
    Large Pork shoulder roast (not picnic shoulder, those have a “solution” in them that makes the meat taste like ham and makes it red in color ). Roast should be the color of natural pork - grey/brown.

Now the right way to prepare the meat is to put it in a real smoker with hickory for 20 hours or more, but most of us don't have the equipment soooo,,,

Place on a broiler pan or on a rack and cover with foil. Cook in 200-220 degree oven - overnight at least. The rule of thumb is “cook until you’re sure it’s done – then 2 more hours”.
    Allow meat to cool, then pull apart by hand, setting most of the fat aside. A quick chop will make it easier to put on a bun.

Finishing sauce:
    1 cup vinegar
    2 Tbs. Salt
    1 Tbs. Brown sugar
    1 tsp. cayenne pepper
    1 tsp. Red pepper flakes.
    Combine all ingredients and allow to sit at least 12 hours.

Combine pork and sauce to taste.
    Serve on cheap, soft white buns ((The buns are higher cal than the meat. My wife puts the meat on a salad))
    Top with coleslaw and/or hot sauce as desired.

Note: for best sauce flavor, make the sauce several years in advance. If you don't have several years, overnight will do. The longer the sauce sits around the better it gets IMHO.
  • RoadDog
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, Casper. Pulled pork sandwiches sound like a great idea for a BBQ. I'll make sure and give you complete credit.

So...haven't weighed in, but I think I must have hit my 10lb goal for 4/4. Think I should weigh in a week early and adjust my other goals by a week. Everybody let me know. I can live with it if I'm wrong. Going to add wieght training after my weigh in. Been walking a lot, but want to define my arms more. Vanity.

Walking is good though and seems to be doing the trick. My first wife's exercise regime only included walking. She was really happy when she saw the changes. She walked at least 3 miles every day. That was 34 years ago and I don't know where the hell she got to. Kind of a "Win Win" situation for both of us.

Have a great day.

Let me know if I should move my weigh in up to 3/28. I'm letting you guys decide.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I think you should weigh in. It's a reasonable way to judge progress. Why not?

One of these days we will be in Portland! My husbands best friend from college lives there and I have always wanted to visit! I have a fantasy about a vacation cabin out there.

I'll bring dessert and it won't be healthy either. I promise.
  • RoadDog
    Options
    Why do you say *kitten* like that? You know I have an overactive imagination! Now, I have a fantasy about a cabin in the Pacific Northwest.

If no one else chimes in, I am definitely going to weigh in on Monday.

Thanks.