The Dog Pound

Options
2»

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Why do you say *kitten* like that? You know I have an overactive imagination! Now, I have a fantasy about a cabin in the Pacific Northwest.

If no one else chimes in, I am definitely going to weigh in on Monday.

Thanks.

LOLOL!!! I MEANT I have a fantasy about OWNING a vacation cabin out there!!! I guess I should have been more specific!!!

But now that you mention it...
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    NO to the weigh in, but YES to the cabin! :love: LMAO
  • kintegra
    Options
    So, I've been on this "get healthy & drop some weight" journey for about 9 months now. I'm almost where I said I wanted to get, and I'm pretty happy. I don't know if I would have been successful without all the support I have found here on MFP. You guys are AWESOME!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Anyway, the person in my life who's had the most influence over me is my grandpa. I saw him this last weekend, and then talked to him on the phone last night. He is SO proud of me and couldn't stop saying how great he thinks I look. Never once over the past 10-15 years has he told me I need to lose weight. However, his healthy habits from my past finally kicked in for me. I saw I wasn't happy with myself, and knew I needed to do something about it - just like he did. I remember seeing pics of him when my uncle & mom were about my kids age, and he was heavy. I have never known him to be heavy... so maybe it just took me getting to a certain age for it to click.

Anyway, I just want to say thank you to everyone who's encouraged me and been here for me... even though I usually don't ask for anything. I'm here for y'all too!

Oh - and Mike.... no to the scale... scales are evil! :wink:

FABULOUS, BYN!!! So proud of you!!!! :bigsmile:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    The votes yesterday were tied, so I made the tie tie-breaker vote. Weighed in this morning. Down 10.2 lbs. Very happy with that. 10 days ahead of schedule. I adjusted my goals for the next two weigh ins. Thanks, everyone. Allowing you to make me accountable was a large contributor to this success.

Don't let up now, though. I think the other big factor to my success has just been putting it out there. I am ego driven and prideful, so once I put something out there, I HAVE to succeed. Going to use my own character flaws against myself.

By the way, I am impacting my wife as well. Last night, she was talking with Holland about her sister coming for the weekend. I heard her say "Yay, I can have a glass of wine."

When I started this last push to lose weight, I gave up alcohol, and, I guess, Jan usually pours herself a glass of wine when I open a bottle of Knob Creek. I haven't done that in three weeks now.

You guys are awesome. Thanks.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Had a great weekend Calorie wise. A moment of temptation Saturday Night. My sister-in-law spent the weekend with us. Her and Jan popped the cork on a couple bottles of wine. I didn't join them and even though I had a bottle of Knob Creek on the bar and, even though I was tempted, I abstained.

Played soccer for *kitten*, but still burned some calories. Burned more calories Sunday than I took in. Think I must be down a pound or two since Friday. Pants are loose and had to tighten the band on my watch. Have a great week.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    My victory for this week is a small one..... I spent 4 days in New Orleans, eating and drinking whatever I wanted.... today I weigh in, expecting the worst, and I weigh the EXACT same as I did before I left.

Must have been all the walking. :wink:
  • kintegra
    Options
    I had a 30% off coupon to use at Kohl's this weekend. So I decided I needed to get some new workout shorts and HELLO MEDIUM!!! :bigsmile: I can't ever remember wearing size MEDIUM! Also needed to get some new running shoes - actually wore my other ones out! :noway: I haven't worn out a pair of tennis shoes since my sister ran them over in the 5th grade! (YES my feet WERE in them at the time too - that's a whole other story!)