Womens point of view please.....ABS, What do you think?

Options

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    So I need to stop where I'm at, or what?
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer long and lean (tall) and not very muscualr at all
    a soft flat tummy is fine for me
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Ok and what is wrong with me, I've never even thought about the V but I am almost 38...I think the V ship has sailed
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Mild definition for me, and I'm gonna have to toss in my vote saying that shoulders/arms are more drool-worthy than abs any day of the week.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Crap I thought this was about Anit-lock Brake systems!

Thats on another forum. PM me as I am an Automotive Technology teacher!!!
  • JDMPWR
    Options
    Well... as far as "Sexy" goes ---- I'm more turned on my intelligence and a good sense of humor. Little secret for all you men out there... women like men who can make them laugh.

However, you obviously want a specific question answered, so I'll give you what you want. Ripped abs have been known to make me swoon. But flat with some definition is equally as nice. I'm not sure if the "V" that you speak of is what I think it is... but if it is... then yeah... that's hot. (The clefts peaking out of your pants heading toward the groin area... yep... that's awesome. )

Toned is good... muscle bound and veiny is gross... I can't stand the no neck/ can't put my arms down to my side look. But that's just one gal's opinion.

I already have the sacrasm/funny guy down pat. Gotta thank my dad for those qualities.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    For me the most handsome physique is the look a swimmer has -- long lean muscles, a flat tummy but not a lot of definiation..

I love swimmer physiques. Male and female. I would be a happy camper if I managed to develop a swimmer body.
  • JDMPWR
    Options

We are on the right direction. The other thing I have learned and women will argue this i'm sure but it doesn't matter how you look to 90% of women as long as you are clean and presentable with a little bit of style and funny.

I always look back at the most attractive gf's I had was when I was at my heaviest, so if that doesn't tell you something I don't know what does.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

You need to do what makes you feel the best! All us girls are different and have different tastes. Even though I said my "ideal" would be lean and cut, that certainly is not the only thing I find attractive. I don't think I've never dated a guy who fits under what my "ideal" would be. Ideal is more for celebrities and pictures. All that goes out the window for me when actually looking for a serious mate, physical appearance kinda takes the back seat.

So yeah, just do whatever makes you feel best and someone will love it for sure.
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love the V, but definitely don't like veins and chiseledness.... just some mild definition and a little pooch is ok too. I don't like my men too lean... just my preference :)

Spot on!
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    Generally I'm not really attracted to beefy guys and veins popping out aren't really my thing either;P I'm not super picky but I suppose I've always preferred lean and cut. This is pretty much perfection imho:

6glkw0.jpg
    ..just sayin.

this is what my husband's look like...nothing over done and he has his "v"..love it...too many muscles with veins popping out is not nice.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    That photo of little Asian-ish guy is NOT what I would strive for. For me, I'd rather have a guy with a gut than a guy that's that freaking skinny! But then again, I have a hard time drawin the line at what's "too much" muscle...
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options

You need to do what makes you feel the best! All us girls are different and have different tastes. Even though I said my "ideal" would be lean and cut, that certainly is not the only thing I find attractive. I don't think I've never dated a guy who fits under what my "ideal" would be. Ideal is more for celebrities and pictures. All that goes out the window for me when actually looking for a serious mate, physical appearance kinda takes the back seat.

So yeah, just do whatever makes you feel best and someone will love it for sure.

Exactly. Confidence is DEAD sexy.
    I'd rather date an overweight man who's secure with himself physically and emotionally than a fit dude with an incredible body who is completely insecure and uncomfortable in his own skin.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Im just trying to be what women saw was "attractive". That way I will be the whole package when the time comes for a search of a potential life partner
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

Exactly. Confidence is DEAD sexy.
    I'd rather date an overweight man who's secure with himself physically and emotionally than a fit dude with an incredible body who is completely insecure and uncomfortable in his own skin.

....or even worse, a fit dude who is so stuck on himself he can't pass a mirror without practically blowing a kiss.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options

I think you should stop when you feel you look your best and are most comfortable with your body. Every woman has different "qualities" she looks for in a man. Although, I would consider it a little too much muscle (it's intimidating to me to be honest), I would definitely give you a good looking up and down if you happened to walk past me :noway:
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    To me, mild definition is more attractive - but definitely not a deal-breaker!
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    i was talking to a friend of mine one time about abs and she said "girls like boys with abs. women like men with shoulders"

my goal is 220 lbs and keep my shoulders and arms the way they are. i'd never want to be 180 lbs and narrow with abs.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options

We are on the right direction. The other thing I have learned and women will argue this i'm sure but it doesn't matter how you look to 90% of women as long as you are clean and presentable with a little bit of style and funny.

I always look back at the most attractive gf's I had was when I was at my heaviest, so if that doesn't tell you something I don't know what does.

100% the same with me. When I was 60 pounds heavier than I am now, I dated the best looking (and thinnest) girls of my life. Weird.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I usually go for someone who can make me laugh!

Um, I can't speak for all of womankind, but I'd hate to be judged on the basis of how my stomach looks. Especially knowing that it's going to change over time.

WORD!!!!