On the cusp of 60 pounds down (pics)

Options
Hey there everyone!

I thought I should FINALLY post a "before and after" shot (really a before and during, as i have about 15-20 more to lose) Its been a long process, and what a long, strange trip it's been! :drinker:

I started walking with a friend of mine -- yes, outdoors in Upstate New York-- in mid-December 2009. I weighed 228 at that point, down from a 251lb delivery-day weight with my #2 kiddo (late 2007). I don't even count that first portion in my weightloss numbers though :blushing:

Anyhoo, i started walking a few times a week to gain fitness and to destress from a life with 2 little kiddos (one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder) and a married-to-his-work husband. Walking was like double-duty therapy for my body and mind.

Somewhere along the line i got the crazy idea to WALK a half marathon in the fall. I talked my friend into training & walking with me and committing to that lofty goal kept me committed to exercising. I lost around 15 pounds over the course of 6 months mainly by walking (and still eating pretty crappy foods).

I took up yoga in 2010 and started hiking again and fell in love with tackling lofty goals. :heart: Then i found MFP last summer and I've been working at weightloss & fitness gains ever since. :heart:

I walked my half marathon in late September then decided to try the Couch-to-5k program even though my knees are in horrible shape. Surprisingly, i was able to run! I've now run 3 5ks and 1 4-miler and i have a 5-miler this weekend. And this fall I WILL be RUNNING the half marathon that i walked last year :smile:

I've been having a bit of a rough patch lately (nothing horrendous -- it happens) and I'm hoping that by posting my pictures i will gain some momentum to get me back up to speed.

Anyhoooooo, here is my "during & before" picture. During = 169.0 lbs, Before = 228.0 lbs

combo1.jpg

Replies

• PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    great job!
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    WOW! Doing great. You look awesome. :happy:
  • lovlegs84
    lovlegs84 Posts: 17
    Options
    You look awesome ... great job !!!
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Way to go!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Thats great...keep up the good work!!!
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    You've done a great job. Congratulations...and keep up the good work! I'm learning more and more that losing weight - and keeping it off - is a long-term thing. You have given yourself a tremendous advantage by getting fit.
  • ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You must be feeling wonderful! Great job ! And you look fabulous! Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing!
  • csmall614
    csmall614 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats and thanks for the inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You look fantastic, good luck in all your walking/running endevours!
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    Options
    You must be so proud of yourself! Very inspiring! Don't worry about the rough spot...everyone goes thru that...you'll do it!! :happy:
    Good luck with the marathon!
  • taniahboo
    taniahboo Posts: 22
    Options
    wow u look amazing! :happy: Ur my new inspiration! Great Job!!!!!!! :)
  • Kacee03
    Kacee03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would have never guessed you at 169 in that pic... You look healthy, skinny & amazing!! Great job!! :)

4535551.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    wow....you look great!
    Keep up the good work =)
  • vkramarenko
    Options
    What a great job you did!! You look amazing!! Keep up a good work.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    You look amazing (are you sure you have more to lose :wink: I love reading inspireing stories such as yours. Keep up the god work! :happy:
  • jackalope28
    jackalope28 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    amazing difference! wow!!
  • Ninny7
    Ninny7 Posts: 3
    Options
    You are another great example of what we all can do by simply setting our minds to it. It does feel fantastic doesn't it? Sure hope your husband has noticed! :flowerforyou:
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    You look amazing (are you sure you have more to lose :wink: I love reading inspireing stories such as yours. Keep up the god work! :happy:

yes, i could post the less-dressed version to prove it! LOL! :blushing:
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! your eyes are smiling now :)
  • Quicksilvas
    Quicksilvas Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!