how do you like your greek yogurt?

Options
ambie35
ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
I just got greek yogurt for the first time! I had it with a little bit of honey and cinnamon. How do you like yours,and what are some things you could substitute it for in recipes. Thanks :)

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I eat fage 0% with 5 strawberries, banana flavoring (real bananas hurt my tummy), splenda and 1 oz of angel food cake. Yummy.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Blueberrys and a sprinkle of bear naked fit granola, yum!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    3/4c fage, 1/2c fresh raspberries with1/2tsp sweetner! YUMMM! You can use it as sour cream! Or yogurt.. :)
    it's great with some maple syrup too :-p
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    i eat mine plain :D yummmm
  • debbysatit
    debbysatit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yoplait 2x's protein 4 oz honey cup with 1/2 cup thawed frozen mixed berries and 1/2 T dark chocolate chips. Yummy!
  • 1111renee
    1111renee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I eat my chobani plain yogurt with wheat germ, and blueberries........tastes like cheesecake, and similar consistency.........yum!
  • LunarDragoon
    LunarDragoon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani Lemon with real lemon pulp! :)
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    we just made a spinach dip with it! turned out great. Used the knorr vegetable soup flavor pack and spinach just like you would the original way, instead we just used the greek yogurt in place of the mayo and whatever other creamy white stuff it calls for. I also like to use it for tadziki.
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    put it in the blender with some orange juice and some fresh fruit mmmmmmmm
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Blueberrys and a sprinkle of bear naked fit granola, yum!

I do this as well, and throw in some pecan or walnuts and a touch of cinnamon. Pretty much the yogurt and and any fruit, that way no sweetner needed!!! Tasty. Also have used it in smoothie recipes that call for non-fat yogurt.
  • endordb
    endordb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Put some lime juice in it and some chili powder and use it instead of sour cream on burritto's. Excellent on black bean and sweet potato burritto with salza and cilantro on whole wheat tortilla.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone,I've got some good ideas.:)
  • irishbelle345
    Options
    I am new to yogurt.. I have given it many tries and I found one I love!!!! really love Chobani vanilla yogurt, with fresh blueberries and 1 packet of Truvia ( I Truvia, better than sweet and low, Equal and even Splenda ) it has no bad after taste and takes care of my sweet tooth. :) oohh I like Chobani strawberry too. the same way
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    3/4c fage, 1/2c fresh raspberries with1/2tsp sweetner! YUMMM! You can use it as sour cream! Or yogurt.. :)
    it's great with some maple syrup too :-p

i don't like it plain, but i LOVE it in place of sour cream :) also, i buy those packets of dip mix and mix a serving of the powder with 2 tbs of greek yogurt and it tastes EXACTLY like chip dip!! i use it to dip veggies and crackers as snacks.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'm about a week into this greek yogurt...I got the Fage 0%...It offers so much more nutritionally...but not taste..LOL..that plain is just that...PLAIN! I put 1/2 c with 2/3 c. blueberries and 3/4 c Kashi Toasted Berry Granola (which is FANTASTIC)...and that makes for a VERY healthy breakfast..well worth the calories..

I've heard a few people say that honey is good with it...
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I like mine (any yogurt actually) with bare naked granola. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE granola.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Great ideas, thanks for sharing!
  • guhelocin
    guhelocin Posts: 11
    Options
    I like mine with papaya cut in cubes, sometimes mixed with strawberries i have it every morning!! soo good greek yogurt is the best
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    maple syrup and walnuts

honey and almonds

with berries or cherries + splenda
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I skip the adding stuff all together and just go for the Chobani flavors. They taste amazing. Every so often I do add some granola. Enjoy!!