how do you like your greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• soriakyte
    soriakyte Posts: 17
    Options
    I love Fage 0% (1/2 cup) with almond extract, splenda and berries, oranges or other fruit. I also make it really decadent by adding 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, almond extract and splenda....I love this concoction with strawberries the best. I haven't had much else chocolate since I started this and it is a weakness for me. If you add the cocoa powder keep stirring, it will eventually stir all the way in. YUM!
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Love these ideas.

I like Athenos brand. (Haven't tried Fage yet.) For breakfast or a snack, it's fantastic with a little dollop of raspberry jam or lots of fresh fruit. Put in a blender with frozen fruit and make a smoothie. I also put craisins in it or a 1/4 C granola. Yummy!

Also, I use plain yogurt to sub for sour cream. Not the same flavor, but it tastes awesome. Yogurt goes especially well with indian food. One favorite are the samosas from Trader Joe's. I eat them for a vegetarian meal (instead of an appetizer) with mango chutney and plain yogurt on the side.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    The pineapple Chobani is the BEST!!!! It's so good it almost feels like a dessert ;-)
  • beckyanders
    Options
    Add lemon juice, cayenne, cumin and salt then use it as a dip for fresh veggies. Yum!
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    anything that calls for mayo, I replace with plain organic Greek yogurt....

I have used it to make dips and my family has been none-the-wiser
  • nstorlie
    nstorlie Posts: 8
    Options
    Uncle dans Or Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix into the whole 38 oz container. My kids actually prefer this to bottled ranch (as do I). Great for getting my fresh veggies in.
  • lottcj
    lottcj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's great as a marinade for chicken. It makes it very tender. Just add your favorite spices and marinate about 4 or 5 hours.
  • tammysmith815
    tammysmith815 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Any berry flavor yogurt on top of a whole grain waffle.mmmmmmmmmmmmm....don't miss the syrup!
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    mixed with pb2 or peanut butter for an apple dip, or fruit flavored in my reg oatmeal or vanilla in cinnoman oatmeal with one spoon of pb2...AMAZING! I use it to replace mayo or cream cheese for dips as well. Oh and it protien shakes or smoothies! Or reg shakes for my kids
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The pineapple Chobani is the BEST!!!! It's so good it almost feels like a dessert ;-)

OMG I just had it the other day for the first time and I loved it!
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like the Chobani non-fat honey Greek Yogurt. I eat it with 1/4 C. granola and fresh fruit if I have it (usually raspberries or blueberries). I also like the plain Chobani with fresh raspberries and 1/2 tsp of Agave Sweetener.
  • JeannieVMiller
    Options
    I buy only Chobani nonfat plain yogurt. This is really creamy and rich tasting yogurt.
    I add 1 splenda and any kind of fresh fruit--berries, peaches- about 1/4 cup for a sweet treat.

For a decadent treat, I add 1 spenda, 1/2 tsp of melted instant coffee and 2 tsp of sugar free chocolate syrup.

I also substitute this same plain yogurt for sour cream on tacos, baked sweet potato or on top of black bean soup..

Even my husband and my 16 year old love this yogurt when subbing it for sour cream!
  • iq5203
    iq5203 Posts: 17
    Options
    When making cream of <whatever> soup, I replace half of the cream with greek yogurt, much more healthy. Any more than half, and your soup will end up tasting like yogurt.
  • byaw
    byaw Posts: 1
    Options
    LOVE greek yogurt!! Chobani pineapple is my favorite sweet treat.

*Plain I throw it into baking recipes as a substitute for some of the oil or eggs, and it makes for very moist cakes, muffins, cornbreads...

*I also use the plain as a salad dressing with some fresh squeezed lemon juice, then add your favorite herbs (love this will dill)

*My weakness is sweet cream pastries, so sometimes I use plain, mixed with some agave syrup to go with oatmeal. I get a fairly healthy meal, and satisfy the craving.

*Use it to make cold salads (macaroni, potato, chicken) using the yogurt and fresh grapes in chicken salad is an amazing flavor combination.

It has become a staple in my fridge...and don't tell my family, but i sneak it into their food nearly every day! ;-)
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I don't think we have "chobini" greek yogurt where I live :(
  • boomer0688
    boomer0688 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like to mix a few tablespoons of sugar free jelly in it as a sanck or for a meal this recipe I got from Self Magazine is delicious!

Yogurt Parfait
    In a bowl, layer 9 ounces nonfat plain Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, 1 cup berries.
    357 calories per serving, 16 g fat (4 g saturated), 27 g carbs, 9 g fiber, 29 g protein

You can always mix up what time of fruit\jelly you mix in to make it a little different.
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    pretty much any chobani! or vanilla w strawberries and other fruit... that'sthe best
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I don't think we have "chobini" greek yogurt where I live :(
    the yoplait greek is really good too
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I like mine on a hot dude's abs.
  • orangegalt
    Options
    I buy only Chobani nonfat plain yogurt. This is really creamy and rich tasting yogurt.
    I add 1 splenda and any kind of fresh fruit--berries, peaches- about 1/4 cup for a sweet treat.

For a decadent treat, I add 1 spenda, 1/2 tsp of melted instant coffee and 2 tsp of sugar free chocolate syrup.

I also substitute this same plain yogurt for sour cream on tacos, baked sweet potato or on top of black bean soup..

Even my husband and my 16 year old love this yogurt when subbing it for sour cream!

melted instant coffee? do you just dissolve it in hot water?

i like mine with 1/8 cup canned pumpkin (10 calories), splenda, and lots of pumpkin pie spice.