W.O.T - TOTALLY P*&$ED OFF!!

Options
:mad: So.... we struggle paycheck to paycheck like a lot of people. We have a lot of responsibilites right now because of the transitional period in our life of buying our first home and whatnot... Every two weeks for the past 2 years we've had problems with my husbands paycheck. First it was bouncing, then we went to cashing it so they started giving it to him well after 5 making him stay after work just to recieve it then have it basically be no good till Monday. Not too long ago they started making real threats that he might not be able to get paid at all. They cost us 100 in late fees to various bills because he got paid almost a week after he was supposed to. We've lived in fear of that happening again but with hope that he'd still get paid, even if it came late. Well.... nope. Not getting paid. My husband who is always the first one there, rarely if ever takes a lunch hour, and always the last to leave. Works nights and week-ends whenever asked without compensation and he's not getting paid this week because theres no money for payroll even though his boss right now is on vacation in FL..... :explode: :mad: :angry: :explode: :angry:

Replies

• mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    :mad: So.... we struggle paycheck to paycheck like a lot of people. We have a lot of responsibilites right now because of the transitional period in our life of buying our first home and whatnot... Every two weeks for the past 2 years we've had problems with my husbands paycheck. First it was bouncing, then we went to cashing it so they started giving it to him well after 5 making him stay after work just to recieve it then have it basically be no good till Monday. Not too long ago they started making real threats that he might not be able to get paid at all. They cost us 100 in late fees to various bills because he got paid almost a week after he was supposed to. We've lived in fear of that happening again but with hope that he'd still get paid, even if it came late. Well.... nope. Not getting paid. My husband who is always the first one there, rarely if ever takes a lunch hour, and always the last to leave. Works nights and week-ends whenever asked without compensation and he's not getting paid this week because theres no money for payroll even though his boss right now is on vacation in FL..... :explode: :mad: :angry: :explode: :angry:
  • mholmes
    Options
    expletive expletive expletive expletive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Can your hubby find a new job??? That's cr@p! :angry:
  • mholmes
    Options

He's a structural engingeer.... There's only two company's here at the beach and one of which he works, for... the other is mainly comprised of architects. The next option is Florence an hour and a half away... or Columbia 3 hours away
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

No friggin' kidding. What kind of employer does that? That aint right, Megan.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    is there an agency you can report his company to? i know here in california i could get my employer in a lot of trouble for late/no pay.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, my husband and I struggled with something VERY similar with his job. Only advice I have...have him look for a new job. That's bulls**t!!!!!! And my husband stayed at his company for a LONG time with them promising...and promising...he finally left and we are now doing fine. And he actually took a lower paying position, but it's a RELIABLE paycheck!

I've very sorry to hear that this is happening to you. Apparently we were't the only ones. I wish you the absolute best of luck! And the worst on those sons of b**ches cheating you!!!!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's horrible, and I don't blame you one bit for being really ticked off!!!
    It's not right! I hope your hubby CAN find another job and tell this place to take a hike!
  • kistinbee
    Options

He's a structural engingeer.... There's only two company's here at the beach and one of which he works, for... the other is mainly comprised of architects. The next option is Florence an hour and a half away... or Columbia 3 hours away

I know how this goes also...my husband ended up working for something totally different than what his degree is in!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Have you already bought your first home or can you look elsewhere??
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i know you dont wnt to move, but eventually it may be the only option at this rate ! Getting a guaranteed paycheck from McDonalds is better than not knowing if you are going to get a paycheck at all, regardless of how hard you work!
  • mholmes
    Options
    *sigh* yes. But that's a moral struggle for us because no matter how I joke around here or how confident my statements may sound at times he and I both struggle with fighting back. Even if he reported his boss to the labor board ... if there's no money, there's no money. They have a daughter with MS and I'd rather struggle than take anything away from that little girl. :sad: :sad: My husband is filing for unemployment right now but he MIGHT get 300 a week (which the employer is supposed to pay by law - we'll see) and that takes 3 WEEKS to take effect, if he qualifies.:sad:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well...I wish you luck sweetie...really. I know how it feels!:heart::flowerforyou:
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. My husband quit and had been looking for a job for the past 4 months. He has been doing side jobs to help us make it. So I know the feeling of no money. Luckily my husband starts his new job in a week. It is less pay and it is not the field he is experienced in, but it's a start and sometimes you do what you have to do. Definitely be praying for you. Don't let the stress come between the two of you though. It is too easy to fall into that trap.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    If you want me to keep an eye out for jobs here in Gods country, all you have to do is ask.... :bigsmile:

(Manda lives here now!!!)
  • mholmes
    Options

We have 14+ bills a month. Two mortgages, 1 rent, three electric bills, 2 cell bills, 2 car ins bills, HOIns, HOA, car payment, 2 credit cards, etc... The apartment we own is too small for us so we rent it out but they haven't paid... we have to have somewhere to live while the house is being renovated so we have the mort for that house PLUS 700 a month rent....
  • mholmes
    Options
    i know you dont wnt to move, but eventually it may be the only option at this rate ! Getting a guaranteed paycheck from McDonalds is better than not knowing if you are going to get a paycheck at all, regardless of how hard you work!

There is no option of moving unless we go into foreclosure on our home. We can drop the rent to move somewhere but can't drop the other 2 morts and all the bills that come with that.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    My husband has had several jobs like that. Unfortunately the only thing we found is changing jobs. But perhaps there is another anser. It seems to me that employees do have certain rights or maybe that is should be since I don't know if it is across the board. But could he make some phone calls and see if the labor board can help or employment office something. But I would tell him also that he needs to be clear that he is not going to take that any longer from them.
  • Shannon023
    Options

We have 14+ bills a month. Two mortgages, 1 rent, three electric bills, 2 cell bills, 2 car ins bills, HOIns, HOA, car payment, 2 credit cards, etc... The apartment we own is too small for us so we rent it out but they haven't paid... we have to have somewhere to live while the house is being renovated so we have the mort for that house PLUS 700 a month rent....

Oh, is that all......thud.gif

Oh hun!! hug.gif
  • mholmes
    Options
    Thanks everyone... venting is keeping me from sobbing uncontrollably. We've both known he needed to change jobs for some time, but we work on the house all the time to get it done so we can move and eliminate the rent payment so there was no time to put in resumes. I don't know what we're going to do...