Toning Shoes

Options
Has anyone used toning shoes, like reeboks easy tones, or the sketchers? What has been your experience? Should I invest in a pair?

Replies

• gmattach
    gmattach Posts: 14
    Options
    That's a great question, I've been wondering about them myself!
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have sketchers - i dont think they actually tone - seems more psychological to me. BUT they make sure u keep a good posture and they are by far the most comfortable shoes i have ever had.
  • kristielyn73
    Options
    Good question girls I wondered the same thing. I did have one friend that loved them. But have not asked anyone else since. I am thinking about purchasing a pair. If you learn anything I would like to know. And if I buy a pr I will give you my opinion.
  • itsjustme77
    itsjustme77 Posts: 102
    Options
    I have the Sketchers... They are the most comfortable shoes I own. They are not for running, but great for standing and walking. I can really feel it when I go for "exercise" walks. I love them. I would totally invest in some.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I have the Skechers Shape-Ups, and I really like them. I don't notice them working my butt and thighs more than any other shoes, but they are very comfortable and help me maintain proper posture better than flat shoes. I would recommend trying them on before you buy though, because they're shaped a little differently and you may need a larger size than you normally wear.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of easy tones. While I do not think that they have done anything to help my legs firm up, they are the most comfortable sneakers I have ever bought.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I know one person who bought and wore these. She told me they were comfortable, but started having physical problems with them and had to stop wearing them for a while. Sorry I can't remember the exact injury she got, but after her legs healed, she still wore them occasionally but not as much. She still thinks they are comfortable, but they provided no toning that she could notice.
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    I have Skeecher Shape-ups (the original). I agree that they help with posture...I "feel" the back of my thighs....and they are very very comfortable. But I don't believe they do anything to "enhance" your walking workout.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I have the New Balance Toning Shoes, and I have to agree with the others, very comfortable, good posture reminders, but I dont see any specific results better than any other shoe!
  • mishu21399
    Options
    I have a pair of sketchers and they are very comfortable, but if you walk around in them all day you can definitely tell at the end of they day that you have been working harder than normal.
  • nlewis22
    nlewis22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I bought the Runtones by Reebok. They're pretty awesome if you've been running a while I think. I went for my first run in a very long time in them and my calves were BURNING! Now, I wear them to work to get a boost as I'm walking everywhere. I've noticed an increase in my ankle stability, but I think that I should have gotten the Easytones since I haven't been running since then... *guilt* I have heard good things from a lot of people, including the physical therapists that I work with.
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I bought the Fila brand, I'm cheap. After the 1st time I took my 45 minute power walk I noticed soreness in my buttocks lol. So i'm assuming that means it worked. I had been doing those same walks for a long time and had never gotten sore before.
  • jipper44
    jipper44 Posts: 111
    Options
    I've read a lot about these in running magazines and while I'll be sticking to my Asics for the forseeable future, my fitness trainer sister got the Sketchers and used them while she was pregnant and her back stopped hurting. Can't really argue with that.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I have Reebok easy tone. And I love them. For the first two days I noticed that I moved a bit different and my muscles seemed to work a bit harder. But personally I think you lose that again, after you got used to them. BUT they are extremely comfortable. That's why I wear them, not because I hope for an extra cal burn or to tone up just by wearing different shoes.
  • jperrysunlover
    jperrysunlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I bought the Sketchers and noticed better posture. Six months later I got the Reebok Toning shoes. If I wear them all day on the weekends while running errands and doing housework, I notice a difference and have a little soreness on Monday. I don't think the benefits are huge, but they are the most comfortable shoes!
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have the easy tones and I love mine. I walk the dog everyday wearing them. I have noticed the shape of my calves are different, in a good way. I can actually wear tall boots because of those shoes. Plus they are really comfortable and I wear them while shopping or when i will be doing a lot of walking.
  • Jackie0127
    Jackie0127 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I believe my husband is picking a pair for me today ... So, I'll give in my 2 cents once I try the ones he gets me.
  • armingone
    armingone Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have Rebok EasyTones. I don't think they are very comfortable and because I have low arches they hurt after wearing them for very long periods of time. They're weird to walk in but I have noticed a difference in the shape of my legs and butt.
  • blondecajun
    Options
    I heard the foot doctors are loving them, they are making them a bunch of $$$$$
  • SueSee
    SueSee Posts: 65
    Options
    I hate to be the dissenting voice, but I bought the Sketcher Tone-ups, and disliked them from the start. They were way too heavy, and the arches hurt my feet. I tried to wear them, because they were so darn expensive! But in the end I gave them to my daughter who stands on her feet all day as a Respiratory Therapist. Haven't checked back to see how she likes them.