NSV I Jogged 2 Miles!

Options
2»

Replies

• rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    rblauvelt7, way to go.

I will warn you, though, be careful of pushing too far too soon. Your muscles, joints, bones, and everything else need time to adjust to the added distances. Definitely ride the wave when you get an adrenaline rush once in a while, but make sure you're taking your rest days and giving your body time to improve.

I jumped from 2.5 miles to 3.1 miles because I was feeling great and wanted to do the 5K distance for the first time, but then I was sore and in a little pain for a few days, so I had to back off and build back up to it a bit.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but I ran in high school so I have a general feel for what my body can handle. I woke up this morning and I'm not sore at all and my knee feels better than it has after a run in a long time.
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is awesome!

I started the C25K in January and just "graduated". I ran 45 minutes last week. Then last night I did the Shred and immediately went out for a run. Let's just say I made it 12 minutes and my goldendoodle had to drag my broken self home....
  • ZaidaOlivo
    Options
    that's awesome, isn't it a great feeling?!
    great job
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    It's already been said, but I'll say it too. Time to find your first 5k and fill out an entry form! They say the difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry form.

Oh, and look for a 10k around mid- to late-summer. You'll be ready by then. Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!