stop the negativity already!

chrissym78
chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
I just gotta say this... I get so tired of reading forum posts that are negative. Who are we to judge one another??? I realize some people make decisions that aren't "healthy" but everyone is on his or her own journey and what works for one person may not work for another. Not everyone can eat perfectly clean, not everyone could do the hcg thing, not everyone agrees with low fat or low carb, not everyone can give up diet coke or cigarettes or whatever... all I'm saying is that we should at least make an attempt to be supportive of others and not attack them for decisions we might not agree with. Be nice and stop judging already! Ok, rant over :)

Replies

• kmunis
    kmunis Posts: 48 Member
    Amen!!!
  • ashgal81
    ashgal81 Posts: 19 Member
    Chrissy, this is so true. Giving up Diet Pepsi for me would be like death...HAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Its a nice thought but I doubt it will ever happen.Humans love to judge to much.
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    My name is Debrives and I approve this rant. :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Agreed! It's gotten bad lately!
  • deanie0515
    deanie0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Thank you!!! I get irritated too reading people's posts and there's always the one (at least) that really brings things down with the negativity!! I couldn't agree with you more and am glad you put this out there :) Have a great weekend:happy:
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273

LOL! Me too.
  • Perfectly said .. I agree
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Agreed. My personal goal is to spend less time being judgey about other people's judgey posts and spend more time trying to figure out the meaning of life: how to get a pygmy jerboa....
    Besides being cute, having one of those lil guys will make me feel like Gulliver!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Agreed. My personal goal is to spend less time being judgey about other people's judgey posts and spend more time trying to figure out the meaning of life: how to get a pygmy jerboa....
    Besides being cute, having one of those lil guys will make me feel like Gulliver!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I want one!
  • kelzz193
    kelzz193 Posts: 120 Member
    A-FRICKIN' MEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw one yesterday where somebody literally copy and pasted a "friends" food diary they deemed to be BAD and totally ripped on them. I was so mad I had to walk away from the computer. The whole point of this site is to help each other on this road to healthy living. What works for one may not work for another but that's a very personal thing & you shouldn't judge but try to support them.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,304 Member
    *cheers to that* :drinker:

and those things are adorable Loopy. Lol.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Exactly! If I see one more post like "You must eat clean or your not going to lose weight" I am going to scream. I don't want to eat grass all day so if I want to eat some processed food and stay under my calorie goal then gosh darnit I am gonna!

I'm sick of it!!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Agreed! It's gotten bad lately!

I love your profile pic- too cute!
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 599 Member
    I get it all the time on this site because I love Taco Bell lol!! But on days I eat Taco Bell I work my but off at the gym to "earn" my "unhealthy" meal!! I still stay under my allowed calorie limit and I'm down 72.2 lbs since June 2010 so I'm good with it :)
  • chrissym78
    Loopy, you rock! LOL
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Amen!!!
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Isn't this a post that is judging people who judge people?

Sorry, I am feeling contrary today.
  • Well said i totally agree and u know what i think the people that judge other are probably doing the same thing if not worse so they take it out on others!!!!!!!
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Sorry my quotes are not enough to balance it all out...I am trying! =0) You can look up my screen name for the past few days if you want..if you happen to miss them. Make a positive quote post on here every morning.

It doesnt fix the problem but all we can do is help one person by passing them on or making someones elses day.

Share a smile today. =0)
  • chrissym78
    rofl! no, not intended to be ;)
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    I stopped reading most of them for this very reason!
  • FILLE
    FILLE Posts: 45
    Sorry my quotes are not enough to balance it all out...I am trying! =0) You can look up my screen name for the past few days if you want..if you happen to miss them. Make a positive quote post on here every morning.

It doesnt fix the problem but all we can do is help one person by passing them on or making someones elses day.

Share a smile today. =0)

Yes I agree, small measure one person at a time! we are here to encourage and get encouraged and inspired by others!
  • I tend to stay away from being negative & normally a cheerleader....the only time I'm the voice a reason (or blunt, depending on what they wrote lol) is when it's something down right dangerous that someone is wanting to do. :)
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    I couldn't agree more. Although there are some diets that I don't agree with, it's not my decision and I always wish anyone the best on whatever path they choose to reach their goals.

Unless I want someone judging me, I won't judge other people. If someone wants to have their thought (as we all do) that's fine, just realize that there's not always a need to share them.
  • I tend to stay away from being negative & normally a cheerleader....the only time I'm the voice a reason (or blunt, depending on what they wrote lol) is when it's something down right dangerous that someone is wanting to do. :)
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! I would love love love to know how you have done such an incredible job with yourself?! I am so utterly in awe of you right now and want what you have. Would you be interested in being friends? I am sure that everyone wants to be your friend, just given all that you have accomplished.

On another note...I couldn't agree more with everyone. I get so discourage that I often times want to give up (like today being my bday and I didn't lose a single pound this week because of several choices and because my baby is part vampire and won't sleep!) and I need to come here and get that support, I need people to tell me to keep going, and that "This too shall pass!" I do not need to be kicked while I am already down...I beat myself up enough. To "Uplift and Edify" is why I am here...so I hope that others will want to do the same for me. Just sayin... :)
  • ♥jewel♥
    ♥jewel♥ Posts: 839
    What is "right" for one person, isn't necessarily going to be "right" for the next person. I don't offer advise or opinions, unless someone asks me for it. I don't judge, because I don't want to be judged.

:flowerforyou: to all

Jewel
  • peterthread.jpg
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292

I second that sister!!! Love this post!!! :bigsmile:
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292

Ok, call me a dummy....but what the heck is a "pygmy jerboa"??? LOl.....ok Marci, you're a dummy!!
This discussion has been closed.