stop the negativity already!

2»

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    I think often posts come across harsher than the person intended. Often they are just trying to share their knowledge and experience and prevent people from making the same mistakes they made. I agree that we should not judge but there is nothing wrong with giving advice or constructive criticism. Being positive and supportive is important but so is being realistic and part of looking out for each other is being able to tell people when you are concerned about them. I want to be inspired and encouraged but I am not here to be coddled. I am here to get healthy and meet like minded people.
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    I totally agree! I was on here for a long time before I saw the first negative and I don't like it. HOWEVER, I try to just skip ones that sound negative and I also try to keep in mind that some of them may not mean to be negative...that they are just getting something off their chest. But yes, positive things are always best!
  • dkddkd5
    dkddkd5 Posts: 3
    I totally agree! I use MFP more than FB because of this very reason. MFP is a great motivational tool! Let's not turn it into the monster that FB has turned into! Great Post Chrissy!
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Agreed:)
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Agreed:)
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    I totally agree! I use MFP more than FB because of this very reason. MFP is a great motivational tool! Let's not turn it into the monster that FB has turned into! Great Post Chrissy!

OMG, I couldn't agree more! I had a friend whom I had been friends with since 2nd grade, bash me (and supposedly others) openly on FB because we would post our accomplishments for the day. He then proceeded to make fun of me because I go to a gym to do most of my running. Why? Simply because running on concrete is hard on my knees, I get shin splints, and stress fractures in my feet. He didn't care and continued to bash me.

MFP is so much more supportive. People do tend to get a little cranky on here at times.
  • jen1516
    jen1516 Posts: 77 Member
    I agree! Bump!
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Thought I would add my quote of the day to this thread as well..Have an awesome day everyone! =0)

Anyone can achieve their fullest potential, who we are might be predetermined, but the path we follow is always of our own choosing. We should never allow our fears or the expectations of others to set the frontiers of our destiny. Your destiny can't be changed but, it can be challenged. Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one.

Unknown
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Agree we all signed up here for the same reason..... Everyone tries there own way......
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Agreed. My personal goal is to spend less time being judgey about other people's judgey posts and spend more time trying to figure out the meaning of life: how to get a pygmy jerboa....
    Besides being cute, having one of those lil guys will make me feel like Gulliver!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok, call me a dummy....but what the heck is a "pygmy jerboa"??? LOl.....ok Marci, you're a dummy!!

not at all - just a reference to another thread here on MFP:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/200733-omg-so-cute
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    I'm suzooz, and I'm a Diet Coke addict.

And I also approve this rant.
This discussion has been closed.