Breakfast on the go

Options
Hey everyone I am going back to work next week so I need some ideas for some breakfasts on the go. I really don't have time in the morning to fix something and eat so I need something quick I can fix and take to work with me to eat. Or even some ideas on something quick I can fix at work with only a microwave! Any ideas or suggestions would be great! Thank you!!

Replies

• ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I buy Jimmy Dean D-lights breakfast sandwiches every week for work and then microwave them when I get in. Otherwise, I'd never eat breakfast. The turkey sausage, egg white, and low fat cheese sandwiches are awesome and 260 cal.
  • Jerri_Thompson
    Options
    Banana or some type of fruit quick and edible. Also any type of granola bars or chewy bars that provide protein and carbs. You need protein, carbs and fats to start your day! Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I eat the Kashi Go Lean Oatmeal...just put it in a microwave safe bowl for a minute and it fills you up! :)
  • mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Better Oats - Oat Fit Instant Oatmeal (any flavor). Between 100-200 calories per pouch and very tasty and filling! Takes about 2 minutes in the microwave. I make one every morning at work and also have a piece of fruit or yogurt.
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I usually take some fruit, fiber bars, or even dry cereal... :) I'm an on-the-go type of person too!
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Oatmeal is a great option- I really like the kashi apple cinnamon and it's only 140 cals I believe. Another idea would be to measure portions of granola out into baggies. Then when you get to work just mix them in with single serve yogurts.
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sometimes on Sundays I make egg frittatas, and bake them in muffin cups. Then I micro for 20 seconds before I head out the door. Frittatas are easy - just egg, and whatever else you want. Some of my go-to frittata ingredients are bacon pieces, spinach, cheddar, green chiles.

This morning was a grab and go breakfast, I had a banana, milk and nutrigrain bar.
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is a great idea. If your workplace has a commercial coffee maker just use the hot water spout and mix a packet w/ water & there you go!
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    it is hard for me to get breakfast when I am working too. A lot of the time I just grab a fiber one bar and some fruit. If I get up early enough I have an egg and toast. Peanut butter on toast is also easy for me to grab in the morning with 1/2 a banana (my 2 yr old eats the other half :))
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have 2 hardboiled eggs for breakfast just about every morning. I usually boil them while I'm getting ready for work and then eat them either on my way to work or once I get there. You can also harboil a bunch of eggs at one time and just keep them in the fridge and take a few out for breakfast every morning. I'll also sometimes pre-make a container of yogurt and granola to have for breakfast at work.
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    well i seen this on tv one day, but i have not tried it yet. Using a cake bunt pan add biscuits at the bottom your choice of meat then preshredded haskbrowns tthen top with more biscuits then pour egg beaters over the top and back in the oven. You will have to modify it to make it healthier though. but it sounds good and can last for the week inthe fridge. You can just slice thepiece that you want and throwit in the microwave.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You might also consider doing the prep work for a healthy breakfast sandwich the night before then microwaving it when you get to work; I've had some luck with that. I saute zucchini slices, mix in an egg white, slap it in between two thin slices of multigrain bread along with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese. You could easily put that together the night before, or just prep your own kind of breakfast sandwich. I used to love the Jimmy Dean's turkey sausage sandwiches but the sodium is through the roof.
  • PokenStick
    PokenStick Posts: 204
    Options
    I eat a protein shake with frozen fruit and a hard boiled egg. nom nom nom
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    on Sunday nights, I make 10 slices of turkey bacon or sausage or some combo of the two... wrap in foil and take to work with me....I buy a box of instant oatmeal and a 8 pkg of either Tropicana pure OJ or apple cider...

every workday I have a bowl of plain oatmeal, 2 pieces of bacon or sausage and a glass of juice....some days I add a slice of quinoa bread if I'm particularly hungry.

boring?? ehhh maybe to some but I'm a creature of habit with little creativity so this works for me, otherwise Id be stopping by Chick Fil-A everyday on my way in to work.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    We boil large batches of eggs once a week and have them available. When I bake chicken I'll often bake extra to have on hand in the fridge too. I also always keep string cheese and fruit around as those are good grab and go foods. Can you see a theme here? :D I have to have protein in my breakfast or I'm starving very quickly so oatmeal (even loaded with nuts and chia seeds) won't work for me.

When my husband goes hunting in the fall I make whole wheat bread and roll out small circles of the dough. Then I put scrambled eggs, cooked bacon and a little cheese in the center and seal the dough around it. I bake these and wrap them individually in foil. If he's in a trailer he just unwraps them and nukes them for a few seconds. If not he just eats them cold since they're completely cooked. It is a very filling, high protein, good carbs breakfast that keeps him going as he hikes all over. He has told me he doesn't get hungry until well after lunchtime and loves taking these with him.

I've made them for everyday breakfasts too but I don't always get that motivated. ;)
  • RyanRay
    RyanRay Posts: 9
    Options
    I do the Herbalife shakes and add a banana to them - GREAT protein and really quick!
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas everyone! I am not a big fan of oatmeal (I used to have to put tons of sugar in it to be able to eat it) but maybe I will try it again. Thanks again!!!!
  • lvnspoonful
    Options
    I do the Herbalife shakes and add a banana to them - GREAT protein and really quick!

Herbalife? I have heard of them before but never knew anyone that had tried them - are they tasty?
  • lvnspoonful
    Options
    I eat a protein shake with frozen fruit and a hard boiled egg. nom nom nom

Do you make your own protein shakes or buy them?
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    We boil large batches of eggs once a week and have them available. When I bake chicken I'll often bake extra to have on hand in the fridge too. I also always keep string cheese and fruit around as those are good grab and go foods. Can you see a theme here? :D I have to have protein in my breakfast or I'm starving very quickly so oatmeal (even loaded with nuts and chia seeds) won't work for me.

When my husband goes hunting in the fall I make whole wheat bread and roll out small circles of the dough. Then I put scrambled eggs, cooked bacon and a little cheese in the center and seal the dough around it. I bake these and wrap them individually in foil. If he's in a trailer he just unwraps them and nukes them for a few seconds. If not he just eats them cold since they're completely cooked. It is a very filling, high protein, good carbs breakfast that keeps him going as he hikes all over. He has told me he doesn't get hungry until well after lunchtime and loves taking these with him.

I've made them for everyday breakfasts too but I don't always get that motivated. ;)

Love the bread idea!!!! I'll have to give that a try...baking time the same as the bread recipe?