Is it possible to lose 50 pounds by walking alone?

2»

Replies

• togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Still keeping track of my calories I walk all the time ... Sometimes I will play my kinect but walking is my real source of exercise and Im down 19lbs in 2 months
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    My friends mother ONLY walks as exercise...she started out at a 1/2 mile a day and now walks up to 5 miles a day. She's been doing this for about 2 years and the first 9 months she lost about 50 pounds. So yeah, it can definately be done...with very good nutrition.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    YES......I am living proof. But I also eat healthier as well. When I began my weight loss journey, walking is what really made the weight come off. I had been losing, but once I bought a treadmill (and MADE myself use it), the weight began coming off more quickly and people really started noticing the loss.
    A longtime friend, who I had not seen during the time of my weight loss, asked me how I did it.......and I told him.....watched my carbs, wrote down everything I ate (also key), and "I walked my *kitten* of." He turned me around, and whispered in my ear, "Literally.":wink: When Dave died, just two short months later from Swine Flu, that is one of the stories I shared with his family.....it is one of my best memories of him.
    Kaye

:flowerforyou:
    What a great memory to have!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    I think it's definitely possible while watching your food too.

I have lost 61 pounds in the last 6 months and the ONLY exercising I do is walking (while pushing a stroller) and playing basic Wii games (like tennis & Just Dance 2). As long as you are aware of the food going in at the same time, it can definitely be done.
  • DawnBelle
    DawnBelle Posts: 56
    Walking and diet quite possible.
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    My dad lost 100 lbs doing Atkins and walking. He walked for HOURS a day though so he was doing a lot! Now he does other workout games on the Wii, treadmill but that weight was all from walking :)

*bump* sorry to bump an old thread but it's so relevant right now. How many hours did your Dad walk for? How long did it take in total (*fingers crossed you can still see this*)

For anyone else, can you take an intelligent guess if she's unavailable? Would it be effective to incorporate the walking and strength training? How long do you think it would be before 50 lbs would be lost? Sorry for the myriad of questions, i'm on a treadmill mission right now and I need to know how effective it can be.
This discussion has been closed.