Fit-n-Trim to Win Elimination Contest (closed to new members

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
I am willing to change the weigh day...so, bump this with your preference...by the end of the weekend, we should have decided on which one.

I think I have worked out all the kinks. If you have any ideas that may improve this process, let me know.
We have 2 teams of 6 people which I have randomly drawn names to be on teams. Teams can start their own thread if they would like to do so for support. Teams can “creep” on each other. I will ultimately have one thread for us all to weigh in.

Fit-n-Trim Slimsters:
Kim - Nisijam5
Heathershrinking
Faith
Sara - McFatteron
Lindsey - runner
Healthymom

Fit-n-Trim Slicksters:
Carlie
Katie
Maria - Irishgirl
Ginny
Courtney - Skinnyby 29
Elizabeth

Losing team will eliminate one person with the lowest percentage of body weight.

The person with the highest percentage of weight loss gets an advantage for the next week. I am sure that this will have some twists as the weeks go on. The advantages will include immunity, weight advantage, weight disadvantage to someone or trade a player.

If you have suggestions for the game play, let me know. I am not super creative and would love some help.

This is meant to be fun. So, if you feel like your feelings will be hurt if someone picks on you for some reason. This might not be for you.

There will be weekly challenges to keep us motivated.

We will weigh in every Monday. If you fail to weigh in on Monday, you will be eliminated and out of the contest. If that happens, no one will be eliminated for that week. (subject to change)

Here's how to weigh-in:
1) You would weigh in with the code work that I will post the prior night
2) You will take a picture of the scale with your current weight and code word attached
3) You will post the photo on the link I will provide for each week

Besides, the ultimate reward of a healthier, more slender body, I will have a prize for the ultimate winner.

It would be really cool if you took a before pictures which you don't have to post now. However, If you are the winner, please post the before and after picture for us all to be jealous and admire.

Replies

• nisijam5
    Options
    bumping for Saturday weigh-in...I Know Courtney has a challenge with that weigh-in day that I would like to combine

Get your best game on!!!!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Bumping for a non-weekend weigh in day. I'm rarely able to get online during the weekends, so Saturday or Sunday would be rather hard for me.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I will weigh in whenver you all want - I'm pretty flexable. This is going to be fun!!!!!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm a scale addict so any day is fine by me! :tongue:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I'm a scale addict so any day is fine by me! :tongue:

Me Too! But, it's nicer on certain days than others:grumble:
  • runner915
    runner915 Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm good with any day also. I kind of like Mondays just because it will keep me in line over the weekends when I tend to splurge, but any day would be fine.

Should we post our current weight now or is that what this week's weigh in will be for? and then next week will be the elimination?

I am so excited for this challenge!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I'm good with any day also. I kind of like Mondays just because it will keep me in line over the weekends when I tend to splurge, but any day would be fine.

Should we post our current weight now or is that what this week's weigh in will be for? and then next week will be the elimination?

I am so excited for this challenge!

Looks like we will just keep it for Monday since most people really don't have a preference and we can get started

You are correct, runner915...picture of scale is due on anytime Monday, the next week will be eliminations.

Also, try to take full body pictures so the winner can post...if you aren't too camera shy
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    bump to read later.
  • healthymomwannabe
    healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Here I am! Maria (Irishgal) signed me up for this, per my consent, and I'm just catching up. I'm SUPER excited to be part of the challenge! Let's do this, fellow slimsters! :)
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Yay my computer has been awful, I can finally post. Any day is fine by me. I'm ready to have some fun! :laugh: :flowerforyou: Once you decide a day, I'll try and work out when I need to do it due to time difference in Oz. I don't want to be eliminated for being late (or early) :blushing:
  • faithikins
    Options
    Just got the flatmate to take the before photos. :sad: Yucky!! Gosh imagine them before I lost the 7kg eeep.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Just got the flatmate to take the before photos. :sad: Yucky!! Gosh imagine them before I lost the 7kg eeep.

I took my own pictures. There is NO way to make them look better other than to win this contest. I think your about 12 hours ahead, is that correct?
  • faithikins
    Options
    Arggghhh I'm dumb and can't work this out with hangover brain. I think I'll be weighing in Tuesday morning and you will get it by 4PM Mondays. Is that ok?

Brisbane (Australia - Queensland) Tuesday, 29 March 2011 at 7:00:00 AM
    Minneapolis (U.S.A. - Minnesota) Monday, 28 March 2011 at 4:00:00 PM
  • nisijam5
    Options
    That seems about right...my sister used to live in Perth and I thought she was about 12 hours difference...she would be going to work and we would be going to bed...so, it's all good
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Here are some directions to copy the photo on to here:

1) I use photobucket, download the photo there
    2) copy the IMG code
    3) paste onto MFP
    4) change the capital IMG to lowercase img

Hopefully, you will have no problems...feel free to practice before Monday to get it right
  • runner915
    runner915 Posts: 106
    Options
    K figured out how to upload my pictures. Thanks for the directions. And my before pictures are nooooot cute either. Yikes. This challenge is just the motivation I needed. So ready to get started.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I took a few "before" pictures about an hour ago. It's amazing when you think "Gosh, what will be left of me if I lose 30-40 more lbs" and then you take pictures...suddenly it's like "Oh, man, I need to lose 30-40 more lbs". What a reality check!!! Goodness sakes! :embarassed:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Maria, I find myself to be camera shy....I usually stategically place a small child in front of me...it's a good tactic for hiding...LOL...oh, I took mine too a couple of weeks ago...things def need to change

I've not had everyone check in, so hopefully everyone is on board tomorrow...if not, I can open to others or just stick with what we have. We'll decide that tomorrow. I originally planned for 10; so, there is some wiggle room.

OK, tomorrow the first weigh in:

You will write the code word "ELIMINATION" with the date on a piece of paper
    Place this on or around the scale
    Snap the picture of the the paper and your weight

Here are some directions to copy the photo on to here:

1) I use photobucket, download the photo there
    2) copy the IMG code
    3) paste onto MFP
    4) change the capital IMG to lowercase img

Good luck, this week!!!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Maria, I find myself to be camera shy....I usually stategically place a small child in front of me...it's a good tactic for hiding...LOL...oh, I took mine too a couple of weeks ago...things def need to change

That's so funny - I always use Redmond as a "prop" to block my belly. I figure he helped to flab up my belly; the least he can do is help to block it :laugh:

Good luck everyone! See ya tomorrow :happy:
  • faithikins
    Options
    :laugh: I feel so fat and lethargic last few days. This will be interesting. Everyone bear in mind my date will be 1 day ahead due to time differences. :grumble:

Plus weighing in 2 days early for me = oh crap it's going to be a gain :laugh: