MFP Runner's Club July 21

Options
2»

Replies

• jpritts
    jpritts Posts: 36
    Options
    I was'nt able to get out as early as I wanted to. I was finally able to beat the pavement at around noon. I ran 3 miles in the heat and humidity. I gotta say it felt GREAT to sweat and work. I am gonna be skinny again soon. WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Okay, I tried to do the 3 x 10 routine and couldn't do it. :sad: :sad:

But, I ended up doing...

Warm up for 5 minutes, jog for 10 minutes, walk for 1 min, jog for 10 min, walk for 4 min, jog for 5 min, cool down for 5 minutes.

The last set killed me. :indifferent:

Ah well, tomorrow is a new day and i'll try again!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

But, I ended up doing...

Warm up for 5 minutes, jog for 10 minutes, walk for 1 min, jog for 10 min, walk for 4 min, jog for 5 min, cool down for 5 minutes.

Good job, Lina!!

Still no shin splints, right??? :flowerforyou:
  • lina1131
    Options

But, I ended up doing...

Good job, Lina!!

Still no shin splints, right??? :flowerforyou:

Nope, not at all. Isn't that awesome? I am so happy they haven't returned. :heart: it's the subway I tell you, it cures all! :bigsmile:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Goodmornig all, Back from weekend get away. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Anyone else get Huge rains? Driving back from trip a lot of accidents on the highway because of huge downpours.
    I had planned to get up and run, but I wasn't up to it so I am going to do a lot of other things today to make up for it. And tomorrow I am going to go far!!!!
    I even bought some Access nutrition bars from Melaleuca I guess to help burn fat as energy when I work out? I will try it tomorrow and see if I can run really far, any easier.
    Today I am going to go on a bike ride and a bunch of yard work/gardening, so that will burn some of those calories.
    Oh and it looks like I only gained maybe half a pound or a pound from my weekend trip. Can't pass up those Strawberry Margarita's! I thought for sure it was going to be more. I will find out for sure in a little bit!
    SM

Hey I eat the Access Bars - love them, but don't expect much! they don't give you a ton of energy, they just help feed your muscles so you burn and build more efficiently. I like to think I am doing the right thing by having one before each work out - just watch the extra calories...I think they are like 180 cals.....
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

But, I ended up doing...

Hey girl, you got really close!! that was great - 40 minutes of moving! doesn't matter if you are walking or running - when you are trying to improve just keep moving - it is more of a mind game than a body game sometimes. AND the best part is that each day you will see improvement!!! just don't forget to stretch properly so you don't get those shin splints again!!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Lina: That was great run/walk. Eventually you will cut down those longer walks to a minute. It is a gradual process. you will make progress.

Carol
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! So far today I haven't made it out for a run. Way too hot outside for me to even think about it right now! I've found that I don't have the motivation to get out of bed earlier, so running at night is the way to go for me. (I've always been a night owl anyway)

I'm shooting for a more consistent week this week. I find that it is easy for me to get caught up in doing other things around the house, and then before I know it, it's too late to go running. My goal is to start planning my days better so that I can fit in everything I wan/need to do. I've worked up to doing 2 miles a day, so that is my target for tonight. I'll try to cut out one of the walking stretches, but since I haven't run in a few days, that may not happen.

I got my HRM in the mail today!!! Gotta love Ebay. I definitely have the motivation to get out there tonight, just so I can see how many calories I'm really burning. Who knows, I may see the numbers and keep running without thinking about the time!

:heart: Christina
  • lina1131
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I really appreciate the support. :heart:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I even bought some Access nutrition bars from Melaleuca I guess to help burn fat as energy when I work out? I will try it tomorrow and see if I can run really far, any easier.
    SM

I tried Access bars and I did not notice any difference. Let me know how they work for you. Are the ingredients listed?

-Kechie.

MMM let me see,
    120 calories and 40 calories from fat!
    total fat 4
    sat fat 2.5
    trans fat0
    cholestrerol 0
    soduim 60
    Potassium 220 (wow, I like that)
    total carb 19
    dietary fiber 1
    Protein 3
    calcium 2
    iron 10

Ingredients:
    Rice flour, brown rice syrup, maltitol syrup, cocoa (processed with alkali), sugar, fractionated palm kernel and palm oil, peanut butter (peanuts), Maltitol, nonfat milk, high maltose corn syrup, soy portein isolate, partially defatted peanut flour, maltodextrin, lactose, glycerin, invert evaporated cane juice, calcium caeinate, natural flavors, dectose, fructose, salt, soy lecithin, caramel (added for color)

MMM I know what some of that is?
    Suposed to reduce body fat some how?
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did 6.1 miles today!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I did 6.1 miles today!

Good job, rws!!!! :drinker:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    It was a 31 mile/50K run. It was the most physically and mentally challene I have ever done. It was a 3.1 mile loop through a park in Ft. Worth. It started at midnight, so we had to wear head lamps! Loved it adn can't wait to do another!