30 Day Shred Buddy Group: Shredded by Easter! Join Here!

Options

Replies

• momwats10
    Options
    just did my level 1 for the day!!!!! I feel so good when I am done!!! also I have lost 2 pounds!! yay!!!
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Might have to give up the shred for a little while. My left knee is just KILLING me. It's gotten progressively worse with every workout. Oddly, it's not the jumping exercises that exacerbate it, it's the squating and lunging. Might take a couple of weeks off from the Shred, do something less intensive (Leslie Sansone and P90X arms and shoulders) and then pick up where I left off maybe end of April, beginning of May.

Don't want to be a quitter, but also don't want to get hurt! :ohwell:
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Might have to give up the shred for a little while. My left knee is just KILLING me. It's gotten progressively worse with every workout. Oddly, it's not the jumping exercises that exacerbate it, it's the squating and lunging. Might take a couple of weeks off from the Shred, do something less intensive (Leslie Sansone and P90X arms and shoulders) and then pick up where I left off maybe end of April, beginning of May.

Don't want to be a quitter, but also don't want to get hurt! :ohwell:

Funny you mention this because my left knee has also been bothering me too! I fell on it about 2 years ago and it's never been right, but it never gave me any problems unless I was trying to sit in a different position (i.e. "indian style"). Now it just aches a lot and I think it is from the lunging. I plan on going to to level 2 and see if I can get through it. Good luck!
  • tervo
    tervo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you log the exercise in the system?
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just found this post. I started the 30DS a little while ago with a few MFP’ers. Today I am on Level 2 Day 2. It’s nice to have extra motivation/encouragement with this workout from people going through it with you. I was also struggling with the push-ups in Level 1.As I knew would happen with Jillian, Level 2 is now kicking my butt lol. Good luck to every one doing this :D

p.s. I log it as Circuit training, general
  • michkurtz
    Options
    Hey There,

I started the 30 Day Shred today and really like it. I was wondering how people were adding this to their daily calories? I put it as Circuit with 30 minutes which gave me 249 calories. I have a heartrate monitor that is on my wrist only and it indicated that I burned about 400 calories, so I down played that.
  • kalia87
    kalia87 Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm in complete Day 1 L2 = T-29 here we gooooooooo :)
  • Claudia007
    Options
    Hey There,

I started the 30 Day Shred today and really like it. I was wondering how people were adding this to their daily calories? I put it as Circuit with 30 minutes which gave me 249 calories. I have a heartrate monitor that is on my wrist only and it indicated that I burned about 400 calories, so I down played that.

I burn about 200 cals give or take. I WISH I could burn 400 in 20mins! Maybe in Level 2? ooh I'm scared! :ohwell:
  • momwats10
    Options
    just finished L1 D6. A few more days and I think I may try to add L2
  • chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Started level 2 today hard but love it havn't taken any rest days just gonna keep going have lost 2lbs when i weighed in on april 1st and weighed in today and have lost a further 2lbs. measurements before i started- waist 36, thigh 24, stomach 37, bust 38
    measurements yesterday- waist 34, thigh 22, stomach 36, bust 38 the same. Will update when i finish level 2. good luck all
  • fishermanwife
    Options
    what do i put in as the excercise for 30 day shred?
  • Claudia007
    Options
    what do i put in as the excercise for 30 day shred?

I think most people log it as circuit training.
  • fishermanwife
    Options
    great thanks
  • sparkle327
    Options
    Tonight I did Level 2 - Day 5. It is getting easier. I still have to modify on the abs in the second circuit. My abs are still not strong enough to raise my lefts straight of the ground.

I use a New Balance wrist HRM. I logged 27 minutes at 355.
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    It sounds like some of you are doing great! Way to go.

Started Level 2 today (almost all modified). Tough for me but kept going.

Level 1 results for me: -2 pounds, - 2 inches waist, -1 inch bust. no change in rest of measurements. Feel much stronger. :)
  • momwats10
    Options
    did L1 D7 today. looking forward to adding in L2 next week.
  • momwats10
    Options
    did L1 Day8 today
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 3 done :). Of all the possibilities, my hands hurt most in level 2 and i hope that stops. I actually like Level 2 more than 1 for some reason. Its kicking my butt but in a good way :).

MomWats10....wow looks like you are zippin though!.
  • momwats10
    Options
    L1 Day 8 today. Think I need another week before moving on. I find I can do 95% without stopping but still need a break on a few things.......lost 3 pounds so far! Feeling good!!

Butters1 - thanks! I workout 5 days a week - M-F and 4 of those days I do the 30 day shred.....
  • momwats10
    Options
    ok did L1 day 10 - yesterday i posted day 8 again - lol... feeling stronger but still struggling with the shoulder presses and the shoulder raises. I can do almost all of them but still stop for about 5 seconds or so.