Replace eggs in a cake mix?

Options

Replies

• mel4395
    mel4395 Posts: 18
    Options
    If you do it this way, how many calories does it cut?
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tschell1984
    Tschell1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    These suggestions are awesome thank you guys :) I have an egg allergy and haven't had certain deserts in forever. Think I will try the soda and cake mix tonight. Much appreciated
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Pureed banana seems to work.
  • dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    Diet pop cake is definately a hit in our house! I also make cool whip to use as a low fat icing.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    They are mostly for the moisture and texture (I think). My wife has used applesauce instead of eggs often (we make our own with no sugar). It's great especially in a gingerbread or chocolate cake
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    OK-never tried it, but a friend told me applesause. Hmmm....

Applesauce replaces the oil NOT the egg. You still need to put in eggs or egg whites.

Oh yeah, thats right...
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    A quarter cup of firm tofu per each egg asked for on the box.
    It is.....awesome! We tried it and won't go back. It makes the cake, or brownies, really fluffy and moist. We went backand used eggs, only to find out we really liked the tofo better. My very picky son loves it.
    You can also sub soy milk for regular milk and most of the butter in a box of Mac and cheese. I maybe use a tablespoon of butter. Then I use just enough soy milk to make the cheese creamy. And that is plain soy milk I am using. I have tried the vanilla. It will make it taste richer, but then there is the sugar in the vanilla. My hub asked what I did to the mac and cheese. When I told him what I had done he told me liked it so much better.
    That is what the tofu does to a cake mix. We also sub applesauce for the oil. The cake is lighter and richer, and the brownies are lighter and richer. Very spended to make.
    Jac
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Awesome topic!
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I bake cakes and muffins all the time and use nothing but the cake mix and 1 can of pure pumpkin. Nothing else
  • redbird99
    redbird99 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    interesting!
  • crudd12
    Options
    Use unsweet applesauce or a can of pumpkin! Just cake mix and one or the other!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Use diet soda
  • jasonnjamer
    jasonnjamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jasonnjamer
    jasonnjamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    anyone recommend any diet pops to make carrot cake with?
  • crudd12
    Options
    Also something that's really good-1 box spice cake mix and 1 can pumpkin! Delicious!
  • iamthevieve
    Options
    This is unbelievably unhealthy, but so is cake, so here you go:

Use one can of Coke or diet Coke mixed with one box of cake mix. Bake per directions. Cherry Coke is also good if you use a yellow cake or a strawbarry one.
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    bump need to save for info re: 3 uses of eggs. :-)
  • loulouBean
    loulouBean Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump