Weight Loss Buddy?

Options
2»

Replies

• squishfu1
    squishfu1 Posts: 33
    Options
    I agree K.L, if that is her goal, then that is her goal... she is trying to be healthy and her profession requires her to be fit and in shape. Like she states she is turing to this instead of sticking her finger down her throat!
  • key86
    key86 Posts: 9
    Options
    THANK YOU SQUISHFUL :)

I think we should do September Challenge, Week 1 or whatever, whoever had mentioned that - great idea! I'm going to go ahead and do that now...we can all weigh in next Monday?

Good luck!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Banks- I don't doubt that you are right about this, however, I think that if you are going to correct people, you should maybe state your credentials. I mean wouldn't it be more wise to recommend that someone see their Dr. to know what is healthy for them, rather than tell them what this site should and should not be used for. I just think that is a bit harsh and not very effective.

Well, I really don't have any credentials per say. All I have is research that I have done, doctors and registered dieticians that I have spoken with, and studies performed by hospitals, clinics, and government agencies that I have researched. So take what I have stated for what it's worth. I will say this though, I don't retract anything I stated. I would absolutely agree to go see a health professional that specializes in nutritional needs, as I have done, and as I would hope everyone on here does at some point. I'm all for losing weight if it's healthy. While it may have been percieved as harsh, it wasn't given in that light, .

Jessie et all, please don't take my comments the wrong way, I'm definately not trying to tell you how to live, I just love this site, and the people on it, and I want to help all the people I can with the things I have learned. If my posts have offended, I didn't mean them too, I hope you understand. I may not be articulating it correctly, and that's my fault, but I guess, it's just that I have seen the bad side of diets before (first and second hand) and I try my best to make sure everyone has all the knowledge that I can give.
  • key86
    key86 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm not offended by your comments at all. Thank you for your concern. I actually do have a team dietitian, and we're weighed during our season bi weekly. I was advised not to go under 100 pounds. I know going from 122 to 107 sounds like a crazy amount, but that is where my body stands when I am training and eating healthy. I am happy that I am not doing the negative things that some of my teammates (and I used to) do. I am happy that I am taking the healthy approach to this, and again, thank you for your concern!
  • banks1850
    Options
    I'm not offended by your comments at all. Thank you for your concern. I actually do have a team dietitian, and we're weighed during our season bi weekly. I was advised not to go under 100 pounds. I know going from 122 to 107 sounds like a crazy amount, but that is where my body stands when I am training and eating healthy. I am happy that I am not doing the negative things that some of my teammates (and I used to) do. I am happy that I am taking the healthy approach to this, and again, thank you for your concern!

No problem. And for the record, I'm very happy that you aren't resorting to some of the scarier means of weight loss too. I was mostly concerned about the amount per week you were attempting, while 107 seems small to me, it doesn't sound unhealthily so (is that a word?) and I understand the need to be there for your cheerleading. I think maybe if you talk to the dietician and ask them about how much per week you can safely lose, they will probably concur. Anyway, I just want all my MFP peeps safe!

:flowerforyou:
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    Hello,

Is anyone interested in teaming up to lose 12 pounds by September 1st?

That gives us 42 days, only 6 weeks..a completely healthy track to weight loss

My current stats are:

H 5'4
    CW 122
    GW 107
    HW 124
    LW 107

Anyone interested? I need love and support. Thanks!
    -Jess

Lord how embarrassing to post my stats under yours!
    But count me in! I can't check in for a week b/c I will be on vacation and my work-a-holic hubby isn't allowed to bring a comp or even his blackberry.

H 5'4"
    CW 166
    GW 145 (first goal, 135 overall)
    HW 232
    LW 138 (since having children)
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Options

No problem. And for the record, I'm very happy that you aren't resorting to some of the scarier means of weight loss too. I was mostly concerned about the amount per week you were attempting, while 107 seems small to me, it doesn't sound unhealthily so (is that a word?) and I understand the need to be there for your cheerleading. I think maybe if you talk to the dietician and ask them about how much per week you can safely lose, they will probably concur. Anyway, I just want all my MFP peeps safe!

:flowerforyou:

Hey Banks- I hope I did not offend either. I was not meaning to come on so strong or sound like I didn't think you knew what you were talking about. I just thought you came on a little strong. Hope I didn't come back too strong too. If so I'm sorry:blushing: It is funny how when you learn things you want to share them to help others. i have gone through many nutrition classes and meeting with dietitians and I am always amazed at the new things I learn. Hope we can all benefit from each other for lots of HEALTHY weight loss!:happy:
  • banks1850
    Options

Hey Banks- I hope I did not offend either. I was not meaning to come on so strong or sound like I didn't think you knew what you were talking about. I just thought you came on a little strong. Hope I didn't come back too strong too. If so I'm sorry:blushing: It is funny how when you learn things you want to share them to help others. i have gone through many nutrition classes and meeting with dietitians and I am always amazed at the new things I learn. Hope we can all benefit from each other for lots of HEALTHY weight loss!:happy:

It't all good. I have a pretty thick skin. Plus I know sometimes written word is harder to understand the meaning of then spoken.:happy:
  • gbryans
    gbryans Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi everyone! Monday weigh in - right? I didn't weigh yesterday so I did this AM -
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Options
    That is so true, communication always sounds harsher when it is not face to face! Glad we all got it sorted out:happy: Mondays are it! Here's to healthy weight loss! Good Luck everyone!