Tell Me Something Surprising About Yourself

Options

Replies

• HannahPastoor
    Options
    I haven't used shampoo or conditioner since December.
  • ohohraptor
    ohohraptor Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Dreads?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of sunscreen in my trunk. Not a bottle...........a bag. When I go to the beach I have different types for different parts of my body. My friends tease me, and my kids say "Mom got any 15?" but I always tan just enough and have stopped the damage to my skin.

I need spray for my back, lotion for my arms and legs, greasless for my face and 50 for my chest :wink: By the time I am thru applying my tanning regime, it is time to go home!:laugh:
  • HannahPastoor
    Options

Dreads?

Baking Soda and Vinegar : )
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I am a parront to two macaws...

I had a pair of amazon parrots. One day my husband had too much to drink and decided to show off to his friends how friendly my blue front parrot was by sticking it's head in his mouth. Needless to say parrot freaked out and bit my husband in the back of his tongue. His tongue swelled up so much he could barely talk. He had to go to the doctors and explain what happened. The doctor just laughed and said "you should have cooked it before you tried to eat it." :laugh:

OMG!! THAT is funny!!!
  • leahcarrie
    leahcarrie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I can play Guitar Hero or Rockband on expert :), but of course I cannot play real guitar :(
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options

Dreads?

Right on!
    Don't you just love how your hair responds? Doesn't have to deal with those nasty detergents and additives.
  • HannahPastoor
    Options

Dreads?

Right on!
    Don't you just love how your hair responds? Doesn't have to deal with those nasty detergents and additives.

It rocks! I love it so much!
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    I serenaded Henry Kissinger.
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have run a marathon by running laps for 5 hours around the deck of a Russian icebreaker ship in Antarctica
  • frostiegurl
    Options
    i decided to learn russian but didnt get past learning the alphabet So, that means i can read the words but i have no idea what they mean lol.

That is so awesome. When I was in High School my step sister and I would pass notes to each other using the Russian alphabet so no one else could read them.

I took two years of Russian and spent 6 weeks in Russia one summer about 7 years ago but I've forgotten most of what I knew. I really want to get back into it again though.
  • frostiegurl
    Options
    Okay this one is kind of embarrassing. I still suck my thumb from time to time when I get stressed out. I don't do it in front of friends though and not as often as I've gotten older.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You are an interesting group of people. :smile:
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Me too! & I can curl my thumbs behind the back knuckle of my pointer fingers on both hands.
    I can move my little toe without moving any other toes.

Oh my god. So can I. Both feet? You are the only other person I have ever heard of who can do that.
  • UcallMeJay
    Options

I had a pair of amazon parrots. One day my husband had too much to drink and decided to show off to his friends how friendly my blue front parrot was by sticking it's head in his mouth. Needless to say parrot freaked out and bit my husband in the back of his tongue. His tongue swelled up so much he could barely talk. He had to go to the doctors and explain what happened. The doctor just laughed and said "you should have cooked it before you tried to eat it." :laugh:

OMG!! THAT is funny!!!

We have a Catalina Macaw (hybrid of Scarlet and Blue and Gold)
    2 Sun Conures, a Sun Cheek Conure
    1 Painted Conure
    1 Quaker
    1 White Bellied Caique
    1 Black Caped Caique

Never tried to put the Macaw's head in my mouth. My white bellied Caique like to try to clean our teeth though.
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    I am in the third year of an honours degree at university and have no career aspirations. i want to be a wife and i want to be a mother.....but i really really really don't want a career!

Haha same here...I just haven't been to college : ) I just want to be mom so bad!
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been together since I was 13 & he was 16 - we've only dated/been with each other
    I can wiggle my ears
    I don't like lettuce or salad dressing (thankfully I like spinach)
    I've been a teacher for 15 years but never graduated college
  • HannahPastoor
    Options

OMG!! THAT is funny!!!

We have a Catalina Macaw (hybrid of Scarlet and Blue and Gold)
    2 Sun Conures, a Sun Cheek Conure
    1 Painted Conure
    1 Quaker
    1 White Bellied Caique
    1 Black Caped Caique

Never tried to put the Macaw's head in my mouth. My white bellied Caique like to try to clean our teeth though.

We have a blue and gold macaw!
  • UcallMeJay
    Options
    My cat decapitated him....not cool. :( He was just a baby....

Yeah. Cats don't really play well with other species. Except people.

My cats must the exception to that rule. I have two bearded dragons, and one of my cats has slept in their tank off an on since she was a kitten, and I have 8 birds that the cats never mess with. Impressive since the birds and cats share our back room and the birds aren't caged.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    1. I met Michael Buble when he came to Australia and couldn't resist a grope.
    2. I'm scared of January as terrible things happen: my husband was diagnosed with cancer on 2nd January 07, my son was diagnosed with cancer on 9th January 10 and this January I ran over and killed my beloved cat!
    3. My eyes go different colours depending on my mood, green to grey.
    4. My son has learning difficulties, epilepsy and ADD but has a beautiful voice and is at a performing arts university studying to be an opera singer.

GG