Eating disorder? help PLEASE

Options
2»

Replies

123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

She wants to - her post said that she can't afford to do so. She clearly doesn't want this to become worse, but I don't think she has too many options unless she can find free or discount healthcare! :frown:

@believetoachive: This is a SERIOUS issue. Unless you are a trained professional, giving her ANY advice (beyond possible resources to where she can get real professional help) is just idiotic and irresponsible.

Woahh woah, calm down there. I suggested exactly that to her, along with some other ideas for helping her addictive personality, such as self-help books or community group meetings. No need to be name-calling, that's inappropriate.

You overact. I'm totally calm.

I just disagree that she doesn't have other choices besides this forum. I think this could quite possibly be the worst place for someone like her to get information. Also, I'm not calling you names. I'm saying ANYONE that isn't very familiar with ED's is irresponsible to say they can help her.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    @ numbers girl... I hope I didn't offend. You made a good point, but I don't think believetoachieve meant any harm.
    Beautiful profile pic by the way!

Thanks! and I realize she didn't mean any harm, but people can do harm without that being their intention.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options

She wants to - her post said that she can't afford to do so. She clearly doesn't want this to become worse, but I don't think she has too many options unless she can find free or discount healthcare! :frown:

@believetoachive: This is a SERIOUS issue. Unless you are a trained professional, giving her ANY advice (beyond possible resources to where she can get real professional help) is just idiotic and irresponsible.

Woahh woah, calm down there. I suggested exactly that to her, along with some other ideas for helping her addictive personality, such as self-help books or community group meetings. No need to be name-calling, that's inappropriate.

You overact. I'm totally calm.

I just disagree that she doesn't have other choices besides this forum. I think this could quite possibly be the worst place for someone like her to get information. Also, I'm not calling you names. I'm saying ANYONE that isn't very familiar with ED's is irresponsible to say they can help her.

Who said this forum is the only place for her to get help? There's no need to be calling ANYONE "idiotic" - everyone is trying to help this girl and you should respect that.

And fyi, there's no overreacting, lol. But it comes off as snippy, so I figured I'd throw it out there. There isn't a need to be calling anyone names or such. Just help others and be nice, and they'll return the favour :smile: