Brides on a Mission: Week 13

Options

Replies

• NicolioRussell
    Options
    bump!

Will be back later this week! Busy starting new job! :-)
  • vanrunninggirl
    Options

4. What will you have as a cake topper: I want a carrot wedding cake with bride and groom bunnies on top. As a little girl I never had a full plan of a "dream wedding", all I've ever known I've wanted is that carrot cake with bride and groom bunnies. Yep.

LOVE LOVE LOVE carrot cake with cream cheese frosting! seriously! drool...love that you're sticking to your vision on this one too!!!!
  • suzumichan
    suzumichan Posts: 127
    Options
    You can start this week! Just copy and paste the week 13 questions into a post and your in! Welcome to the group :)

Ok and Thank you! :D
    Brides on a Mission: week 13
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 2 inch's but gained a pound
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Finally told my family that I'm getting married in New York.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I only have 186 days to plan a move/wedding
    4. What will you have as a cake topper: I'm not sure since the groom hates cake. So its hard to pick a wedding cake and find a grooms cake on a small budget.
    5. Any wedding news updates: I brought my wedding dress the other day! I just want to make sure I can stay in that size without making to much of a change.
    6. Share your favorite low-calorie or no-calorie drink: Water with Grape flavor! (Great Value brand)
    7. What do you do for strength training: Push up's, Abs mechin. at the gym, Arm ones too.
    8. How did you do with the week 12 challenge (parking far away, using curbs, ect):Just started this so wasnt involved the other week before but I always try parking far away unless I have my grandmother or grandfather with me. Then I have to park close.
    9. Weekly wrap up: Ready for next week to start
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Rachelle
    2. Age: 22
    3. City: Estevan Canada
    4. Occupation: Hairstylist/Owner
    5. Wedding date: summer 2012
    6. Fiancés name: Craig
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3 yrs in october
    8. Heaviest weight: 155
    9. Goal weight and date: 120 June 1st
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Dancing, Boxercize, Running
    11. Favorite healthy food: Protein Shakes

Brides on a Mission: week 13 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.1 pound
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Went out for a movie date with the man
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Fought with my mother
    4. What will you have as a cake topper: Bride/Groom
    5. Any wedding news updates: no
    6. Share your favorite low-calorie or no-calorie drink: Water, with crystal light
    7. What do you do for strength training: Lift weights
    8. How did you do with the week 12 challenge (parking far away, using curbs, ect): Just started this so wasnt involved the other week before
    9. Weekly wrap up: Ready for next week to start
    3602473.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Interesting fav healthy food. I am wanting to switch brands of protein. Which is your fav?
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Ahh!!! I'm having trouble keeping up with the thread these days. I figure, that the least I can do is respond to the main post of each one. I've been stressing these last few weeks what with the upcoming wedding, getting ready for grad school this summer (on top of the wedding!), and the daily grind of my job. I've just been having trouble getting enough sleep and ME time, let alone exercise time. I've been binge eating from all of the stress too. I've got to get on track this week. Tonight is out, though because I have a literary-arts journal meeting with my students.

Here's one of my catch up posts:

Brides on a Mission: week 12 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost tis week: My muscle mass percentage fluctuated a bit. I decided not to log it. Not sure if it's my period, or just my off kilter work-out/bad eating days.
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I got accepted into Indiana University of Pennsylvania's English MA Literature program.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Having trouble with self-control. Not getting to the gym and binge eating. Uh, I'm almost afraid to get on the scale!
    4. How do you stay organized with all the wedding paper work: I use the Wedding Channel's Website checklist to help manage what I need to get accomplished. A lot of my wedding notes are saved in a Word file on my laptop, contracts are kept in a wedding folder.
    5. Any wedding news updates: We've received about 35 RSVPs, with most of them accepting! I'm excited, but I can't help but tease Dan. He felt that no one would come on his side because most of his relatives are elderly and live two hours away. In any case, practically everyone on his side has accepted so far!*LOL*
    6. When something unexpected occurs and puts your daily routine off, how do you cope with the changes that need to be made: I take a deep breath and trouble shoot some solutions. I weight each, pick one, and then roll with it. I can't stand indecision.
    7. Share a healthy and quick dip/sauce/marinade (can be bottled and not an actual recipe) you like to use: Mission (the tortilla comapny) has a great Guacamole dip that I found tastes fabulous on sandwhiches. It's so creamy it's almost like it's been whipped. MMM for few calories! I also love taking salsa and dumping into canned tomato soup. It makes it a little jazzier. Pair it with pepperjack, whole wheat grilled cheese sandwhiches is simply heaven!:-P
    8. How did you do with the week 11 challenge (changing negative thoughts into positive ones): I'm having a rough week with this... not good!
    9. Weekly wrap up: Vowing that tomorrow I get my lazy bum back to the gym.... (positive thought) Vowing that tomorrow I start anew and take charge of my health.*LOL*

Shannon
  • EHeadings
    EHeadings Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • elkmel
    elkmel Posts: 24
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.8 lbs! I am officially down 15 lbs :)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): FH and I spent most of the day Saturday canning homemade pickles for the wedding (we're having a gourmet sandwich bar) - it was a new experience and turned out to be a lot of fun :)

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): FH has been sick, and not wanting to go to the gym because of it. Sometimes it's hard to make myself go by myself, but I am working on it!!

4. What will you have as a cake topper: Willow Tree "Promise" cake topper

5. Any wedding news updates: fine-tuning the invitations, and should get our e-pics CD in the mail today or tomorrow!

6. Share your favorite low-calorie or no-calorie drink: Diet Pepsi has been my go-to drink other than water, but I recently read an article about diet sodas like that being bad for your heart, and that SAME day FH said a guy he works with had a Dr. tell him the same thing about diet sodas. I took that as a sign, haha! So, as of last week, no soda (not even diet!) for me!
    I recently started drinking vitamin water zero, and I like that when I'm craving a little flavor.

7. What do you do for strength training: I vary between the different weight machines at the gym - I try to do abs everyday, and alternate between legs/arms every other day.

8. How did you do with the week 12 challenge (parking far away, using curbs, ect): Great! It really is so much less stressful to just park in the back than to waste time searching for a closer spot!

9. Weekly wrap up: Pretty good week, looking forward to the week ahead, though, and seeing a big loss!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    so im having a real rough last couple weeks...i stopped doing pilates and occasionally do my lunges n squats but not as much as id like...no motivation with anything and when i eat and i one thing thats junk i always say o-well ill get better tomorrow....but in reality i dont ...n continues on day by day...i stopped with pilates n lunges n squats cuz i wasnt seeing results rite away...as i was doing them everyother day from each other and i got sicouraged but now that ive stopped i do see a diff in my muscle tone but still jiggley but i do see definiton underneath and this makes me more discouraged cuz i shouldnt of stopped....=( bummed i missed out on a whole month of doing good for my self and literally have 1 month...1 week n like 2 days left till my wedding...n im happy where im at but still keep fluating between 140 -145lbs when im just tryin to get below140lb mark just cuz ......i guess as like a cushion for reason like this.....i feel great with my body with clothes on most of the time now but feel n look horrible with out clothes on....in need of all the help, suggestions ,motivation i can get please help....sorry for this booooo whooo of a rant but im just ventin its been awhile since ive let steam out like this....my main goal is to look great in a bikini but dont see much happening...and now matter how i tone my butt n back of thighs they look horrid n like jello....ahhhhh...thanks much i think im done now....=)
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    also any suggestions for sayings or short poems for like an addtion to our vows...id like to say to my FH during our ceremony...know any or where i could find some ive been lookin online lately but nothing has caught my eye...mabe ill try comin up with it my self...any help appreciated ty...
  • lynnellec
    lynnellec Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 13 - I think my answers for week 12 were probably meant more for this week... That's how crazy my week was last week! :smile:

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.5 lb.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): After last week's craziness with work and then meetings every night, it was great just getting to be "lazy" on Sunday and spend time with the future Mr. and our pups!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Not having enough time to make it to the gym... ready for things to slow down a bit in the next week so I can finally work my gym time (or what I like to call "me" time) back into my schedule.

4. What will you have as a cake topper: We are having peonies as the topper and cascading down the side but not in an overblown way, just a few flowers on each level.

5. Any wedding news updates: Envelopes for invites from Cards and Pockets - Check; Invites ordered - Check; first dress fitting - Check; second meeting with officiant - Check; addresses for upcoming showers, bachelorette/lingerie parties, etc. for all our hosts - Check; finishing up hangers for my gal's dresses - almost check (still have my flower girl who is my niece's to do but my dad was making a mini-hanger for her dress).

6. Share your favorite low-calorie or no-calorie drink: I drink a lot of water at work, so that would probably be the top fav, but I like generic Crystal Light from Kroger.

7. What do you do for strength training: When I first joined my gym, I received a complimentary training session and my trainer had just gotten married, so she created "bridal" strength program for me that targets arms more than legs since that is what everyone sees more so than the legs... but there is still some leg strength exercises and cardio that I do.

8. How did you do with the week 12 challenge (parking far away, using curbs, ect): So-so... I had to remind myself to do this since I'm so used to looking for closer parking spots.

9. Weekly wrap up: Despite the weight loss last week, I need to get my bum back in the gym and hopefully with work craziness dying down this week, I will work it back into my schedule!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Weight in: I lost 0.6lbs! So glad. I have had a loss for like 4 weeks in a row now. So exciting :happy: ONly 8 more pounds till I reach my mini goal and I have until June 25th to do so. Maybe I can change it to May 27th, my 23rd bday. I dont want to overwhelm myself too much since school is so crazy and if I dont have time to work out, I just have to accept that and put school first.

How is everyone else doing???
  • agoessli
    agoessli Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.6 (needed to lose 1.8 to be down 30....so close
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I had a great time at my best friend's birthday on Saturday night
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Very very very frustrated with the job situation (especially today!)
    4. What will you have as a cake topper: Something romantic but modern...not sure yet but we have it narrowed down to a couple
    5. Any wedding news updates: nope
    6. Share your favorite low-calorie or no-calorie drink: water...nothing fancy but I really LOVE water
    7. What do you do for strength training: yoga I guess, I am bad at the strength training....working up to adding that I guess
    8. How did you do with the week 12 challenge (parking far away, using curbs, ect): I always do this so it went well...not many stairs at my work but as far as parking goes...I always park far
    9. Weekly wrap up: I don't know. It's been a rough morning and so I feel pretty frustrated about a lot of things right now so....frustrated with the weight loss right now too. I really wanted to hit the 30 mark today. I'll weigh in again Friday because I have been doing an extra weigh in at the end of the month as well as on Wednesdays so since April is already this Friday...I will weigh in then. Hoping to be down 30. I started January 5th so that would have me averaging 10 lbs per month so far...which is good....and I have done well but sometimes I look and it just seems like sooooo far to go.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Not a clue. Doctor's visit tomorrow. Will update after that!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Started my new job on Monday, and tuesday was my first full day in the Toddler Room. Also FH's birthday was Sunday.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): More family drama!!! My FH's grandpa's girlfriend sent both of us an email that said "Why are you friends with Shelly (Step-Mom) and not Beth (FH's mom) on Facebook?" Really? She hasn't talked to us since thanksgiving and this is the first thing she sends us? Geesh. I'm pretty sure that my FH's mom, Beth, has been trash talking us to the rest of his family for quite some time. Which sucks because she is delusional, neurotic and never takes responsibility for anything, so I'm sure that the rest of the family has this twisted story of what's going on. Can't choose the family you're marrying into!! It's going to be so awkward when we meet everyone for lunch on Sunday for FH's birthday.

Also, feeling like a homewrecker at my new job. I got hired to be the lead toddler teacher. But they already have a Lead and co-teacher in the toddler room. Obviously someone is getting moved! Well, I worked with both ladies yesterday and the one has a very strong opinion about the lead getting moved out of the toddler room. Plus, the management didn't tell either of them that the lead was going to be training me to be basically taking her job until 10 seconds before I walked in!! Wow. So, I was put in an awkward position. I don't really know how to resolve it. I'm considering talking to the director. I don't want to get strong armed out of my job that I was offered by the girls that are already there. Neither one of them have degrees, and I am 1/4 of the way done with my master's degree. And they always get parent complaints about how the girls talk to the kids (they are pretty strong with the kids)...Anyways, it's stressful....and I don't know what to expect. I don't work again until Monday and a lot can happen between now and then!!

4. What will you have as a cake topper: Cinderella and Prince Charming!

5. Any wedding news updates: Nothing really. Our caterer never emails us back right away, so we still don't have a menu planned out.

6. Share your favorite low-calorie or no-calorie drink: Water, for sure.

7. What do you do for strength training: squats, sit-ups, arm curls, etc...

8. How did you do with the week 12 challenge (parking far away, using curbs, ect): did well, but not necessarily always a conscious choice :-)

9. Weekly wrap up: It's only Wednesday. At any rate, it's been very up and down still. Trying to keep it together.
  • EHeadings
    EHeadings Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I lost about three pounds!
    2. Highlight of the past week:: I FINALLY got into my appartment- and we have internet as of yesterday. Oh, and a brand new bed is being delivered today!!!
    3. Lowlight of the past week :Was out sick Monday. Still haning on, ick.
    4. What will you have as a cake topper: I personally think cake toppers are tacky, so we will not be having one.
    5. Any wedding news updates: Invitations are in the works- we are getting the mock up next week. We are getting the suits next week as well (it's our spring break)
    6. Share your favorite low-calorie or no-calorie drink: Water! :) I try to stay away from soda.
    7. What do you do for strength training: Bootcamp!
    8. How did you do with the week 12 challenge: So so. I'm going to continue doing it this week.
    9. Weekly wrap up: I'm hoping not to gain a bunch this week- i'm still not feeling well so working out is out of the question. Just trying to rest and get my body back in order.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    This is going on our programs. It fits, since I'm an English teacher!;-)

The Book Of Life
    By Paul Curtis

My life is like a book
    Filled with all the special moments
    And endless characters
    Each page a catalogue of my experiences
    Every up and down
    Every high and low
    But my life only truly began
    When you turned the page
    And started a new chapter
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    This is one that's being read. We're replacing the word "sex" with "love making" to make it sound better in church.

LOVE IS MORE
    By Paul Curtis

Love is more
    Than aesthetics
    Beauty is only skin deep
    It may be what you first notice
    Or what first gets you noticed
    But it’s not enough
    Love is more than the flashy cover on a book

Love is
    What can’t be seen at first glance
    It’s what’s beneath the surface
    It’s the detail on every page of the book
    That has to be studied
    It’s what remains when beauty fades
    It is the constant

Love is more
    Than physical attraction
    Or physical expression of that attraction
    Even when it’s fantastic
    It’s not enough

Love is
    What you do in between the sex [love making)
    Not just kisses that delight
    It’s in the conversation
    And the understanding
    It’s holding hands and not caring who sees
    Its walks in the country
    It’s dancing cheek to cheek to cheesy love-songs
    It’s caring and sharing
    Love is being diminished by its loss
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    This is our other one, which is one I've heard read often at weddings:

"The Art Of Marriage"
    by Wilferd A. Peterson (longer version)

Happiness in marriage is not something that just happens.
    A good marriage must be created.
    In the art of marriage the little things are the big things...

It is never being too old to hold hands.

It is remembering to say "I love you" at least once a day.

It is never going to sleep angry.

It is at no time taking the other for granted;
    the courtship should not end with the honeymoon,
    it should continue through all the years.

It is having a mutual sense of values and common objectives.
    It is standing together facing the world.

It is forming a circle of love that gathers in the whole family.

It is doing things for each other, not in the attitude
    of duty or sacrifice, but in the spirit of joy.

It is speaking words of appreciation
    and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.

It is not looking for perfection in each other.
    It is cultivating flexibility, patience,
    understanding and a sense of humour.

It is having the capacity to forgive and forget.

It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow.

It is finding room for the things of the spirit.
    It is a common search for the good and the beautiful.

It is establishing a relationship in which the independence is equal,
    dependence is mutual and the obligation is reciprocal.

It is not only marrying the right partner, it is being the right partner.

It is discovering what marriage can be, at its best.
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    bump!

Will be back later this week! Busy starting new job! :-)

Congrats on the new job! What a fabulous year for you:)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I snuck a peek, and haven't lost anything yet

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I got a new laptop so I can sit on MFP while I watch tv lol

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): had it out with my fiance, all out screaming match, over the fact that he bought a computer so he could play stupid WOW...I admit, I over reacted

4. What will you have as a cake topper: yes, my fiance's mother bought it for our engagement present...it's actually very nice, looks like carved wood, and they aren't creepy

5. Any wedding news updates: with my new laptop I can finally start making the spreadsheets I want to for the guest list and budget...cause i'm a geek like that lol

6. Share your favorite low-calorie or no-calorie drink: water with a shot of lemon in it

7. What do you do for strength training: calisthetics, every night at least 10 minutes

8. How did you do with the week 12 challenge (parking far away, using curbs, ect): I failed...i park outside my office door at work and my parking stall at my townhouse complex is very close to my house

9. Weekly wrap up: I am on a bloody mission to reach my half way point..i have 3.5lbs to go...but i'm scared to post my pictures because I don't see a difference.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    so im having a real rough last couple weeks...i stopped doing pilates and occasionally do my lunges n squats but not as much as id like...no motivation with anything and when i eat and i one thing thats junk i always say o-well ill get better tomorrow....but in reality i dont ...n continues on day by day...i stopped with pilates n lunges n squats cuz i wasnt seeing results rite away...as i was doing them everyother day from each other and i got sicouraged but now that ive stopped i do see a diff in my muscle tone but still jiggley but i do see definiton underneath and this makes me more discouraged cuz i shouldnt of stopped....=( bummed i missed out on a whole month of doing good for my self and literally have 1 month...1 week n like 2 days left till my wedding...n im happy where im at but still keep fluating between 140 -145lbs when im just tryin to get below140lb mark just cuz ......i guess as like a cushion for reason like this.....i feel great with my body with clothes on most of the time now but feel n look horrible with out clothes on....in need of all the help, suggestions ,motivation i can get please help....sorry for this booooo whooo of a rant but im just ventin its been awhile since ive let steam out like this....my main goal is to look great in a bikini but dont see much happening...and now matter how i tone my butt n back of thighs they look horrid n like jello....ahhhhh...thanks much i think im done now....=)

Sorry you have having a hard time right now. Do you think you are stressing a little about the wedding and that could be a part of the weight gain too? I know sometimes when I am stress I often gain weight. I know you can do it! You are always posting and it is such a great motivator for me. Keep us posted and anything we can do for you, we are here!