NOT so complimentary compliments?

Options
13»

Replies

• NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    When mom saw me this past trip to Florida she didn't say anything. I told her how much I'd lost and she was, like "Really? You don't look much different. Guess you MIGHT look a tad smaller". :laugh:
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    A customer asked me two weeks ago "HOW much MORE weight do you plan to lose???" "Next time you come here, wear some pants that fit."

Hurt my feelings because I thought I looked pretty okay that day. And I'm far from skinny - have another 15-20 pounds to lose. So I'm not sure where his comment came from other than maybe he meant it as a compliment.

UGH male customers can really be the worst when it comes to body comments - in my last job I spent about 90% of the time wanting to smack someone. Its like hello, my body isn't freaking public property, mind your own damn business!

I haven't lost much, so no one really has noticed yet ... I plan on avoiding my mom forever, LOL, as she's pretty much always my worst critic when it comes to weight.

100% agree on the male customer thing.

You have lost 39 pounds!! THAT IS AMAZING!!! My mom was a major critic too.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    A customer asked me two weeks ago "HOW much MORE weight do you plan to lose???" "Next time you come here, wear some pants that fit."

Hurt my feelings because I thought I looked pretty okay that day. And I'm far from skinny - have another 15-20 pounds to lose. So I'm not sure where his comment came from other than maybe he meant it as a compliment.

UGH male customers can really be the worst when it comes to body comments - in my last job I spent about 90% of the time wanting to smack someone. Its like hello, my body isn't freaking public property, mind your own damn business!

I haven't lost much, so no one really has noticed yet ... I plan on avoiding my mom forever, LOL, as she's pretty much always my worst critic when it comes to weight.

100% agree on the male customer thing.

You have lost 39 pounds!! THAT IS AMAZING!!! My mom was a major critic too.

Sorry, saw it was 39 to go - but looks like you are well on your way! Good luck and thanks for the support!!