SLIMSTERS (Closed Group)

Options
Hey Slimsters!!

What are you doing today to get moving??

Have any goals for the week?

I just got finished on the elliptical. May hit the treadmill tonight when hubby gets home from work. Also, my goal for this week is to not eat after 7:00 pm.

Good luck losers!!!! :drinker:

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, Sara, I didn't hit the ground running yesterday. It was my day OFF work, exercise and dieting.

So, I will behave the rest of the week. My plan is to hit zumba tonight. I absolutely love it and feel it giving me a waistline again. The time goes so fast you don't even feel like your exercising. My ultimate goal is 360 minutes of moving it with some form of activity this week.

Have you mastered walking the dog and Redmond at the same time?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    fitweek1.jpg

Healthy goal for the week: 64 oz of water every day, 16 oz extra if you exercise (80 oz)

Reward for the highest percentage of weight loss for week of April 4th:

you will have an additional 0.25 lb weight deduction for the final tally on April 11th, giving you a slight advantage

Now, go drink water......
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Have you mastered walking the dog and Redmond at the same time?

Ha ha! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get outside much yet. It's so damn cold here still! But, I have successfully walked them both - pretty funny because Oliver is afraid of the stroller. :laugh:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty stressed out with the new job but I've only had half a glass of wine this week so far. My cals are looking great as I haven't been getting my usual breaks at the new job :grumble: so no time for am and pm snacks.

I need to get more exercise in this week. I will defs be getting 2L of water in a day as I usually do anyways. Hoping to lose the 900grams I put on this week plus more. :sad:

Good luck gals :flowerforyou:
  • runner915
    runner915 Posts: 106
    Options
    This week I am actually going to stick to my half marathon training plan, and I am adding in a couple of extra work outs because I have been slacking on doing anything besides running so I am doing some extra cross training and some strength training.

Also as far as food goes, I am following this plan that I found in Self magazine. It is part of their drop 10 plan. The food is really simple to make and delicious. Today for breakfast I made a french toast with peanut butter and then for lunch I had a a shrimp salad sandwhich. There are a ton of recipes on the Self website if any of you are interested. It is just nice because since I live by myself I always end up eating the same things so it is nice to switch it up a little, and like I said all the recipes are really easy to make!

I think the biggest change I need to work on is snacking. I used to graze allllll day long. Now I am trying to eat 3 healthy smaller meals and then 2 healthy snacks in a day. No more chips or icecream :(

I'm a little nervous for this weekend because I am going back to my parents' house for the weekend and they always have so many snacks and they always want to go out to eat when I'm home. So my willpower is going to get a real test in a couple of days!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I think the biggest change I need to work on is snacking. I used to graze allllll day long. Now I am trying to eat 3 healthy smaller meals and then 2 healthy snacks in a day. No more chips or icecream :(

Aghhhhh, I ate chips today...so bad...plus, I drank beer yesterday and ate Mexican which will be my only drinking day as I had already designated it to be that way. I have a tendency to be, well, lushy. So, I have to bust some booty on severely limiting my cals for the week to be safe from elimination.

Lindsey, I think the cross training is a super calorie busting workout...so, it will be a good complement to your running...I went shopping for a new elliptical tonight...sent a few offers on craigslist...so, we will see

What issue of Self was that? I am behind in my magazine reading....like 2 issues...but, I like when they do the SELF 3-month challenge. The french toast sounds amazing and I am looking for new breakfast ideas. Plus, I love their exercise pull-out cards. Maybe, I should put down the Good Housekeeping and pick the SELF

Faith, don't stress or you'll retain water and we CAN'T HAVE THAT!!! I'm not sure how good it is to have 2 lushes on the same team. I should have rigged it so that we were separated. LOL

Sara, too funny that Oliver is afraid of the stroller....
  • runner915
    Options
    actually there are 3 lushes on the team... haha

but luckily I gave up drinking until after my half marathon. It has been pretty rough, but I have less than 5 wks left. And I cannot wait, I will definitely be hitting up the beer tent after the race.

And it is an issue of Self with Kim Kardashian on the cover, not sure what month, but they have all the recipes on the website. There is a good chocolate oatmeal one too. yum.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    actually there are 3 lushes on the team... haha

but luckily I gave up drinking until after my half marathon. It has been pretty rough, but I have less than 5 wks left. And I cannot wait, I will definitely be hitting up the beer tent after the race.

And it is an issue of Self with Kim Kardashian on the cover, not sure what month, but they have all the recipes on the website. There is a good chocolate oatmeal one too. yum.

I remember seeing the cover and I'll check it out...oh, boy, 3 lushes:drinker:

I've got to get a move on, here's my plan for the week:

Monday, zippo
    Tuesday, zippo
    Wednesday, 30 - 60 minutes & 8 hour work day
    Thursday, 60 minutes zumba & 30 dog walking
    Friday, 1.5 hours of something
    Saturday, 1.5 hours of something
    Sunday, 30 minutes with a 12 hour work day
  • faithikins
    Options

Faith, don't stress or you'll retain water and we CAN'T HAVE THAT!!! I'm not sure how good it is to have 2 lushes on the same team. I should have rigged it so that we were separated. LOL

Speaking of...I found out I have tomorrow off and I am into it Sorry! :drinker: I drank heaps of water today though, and I promise to exercise hard on my day off. :grumble:
  • nisijam5
    Options

Speaking of...I found out I have tomorrow off and I am into it Sorry! :drinker: I drank heaps of water today though, and I promise to exercise hard on my day off. :grumble:

It's a deal:bigsmile:
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Well, I'm not a lush....but it's not by choice. For some reason, it's frowned upon to be a lush when you're exclusively breastfeeding :tongue:. Seems to me it would make babies sleep better. Oh well.

Good news - this morning I was down 2.2lbs from Monday - hoping it sticks! :drinker: Monday is always my highest weight day :grumble:

I think I'm going to take today off from exercise - my body is just exhausted. Of course, I decide to rest on the day I'm making lasagna for dinner :ohwell: I like Kim's schedule of exercise - I think that would be a good idea to post every week. I don't know about anyone else, but it makes me more accountable if more people know what my plan is. I've been sleep training my 4 month old, and he takes very short naps (40 min at the most) so I try to get a good burn in that time. Monday and Tuesday I got on the treadmill while my hubby does the elliptical after Redmond goes to bed. I'll probably do this any night that he does......just a leisurely walk to stretch my legs - but I've been doing it on an incline.

Monday: 60sec/30sec walk/run intervals for 30 minutes & Incline walk on the treadmill
    Tuesday: 30 min on elliptical & incline walk on the treadmill
    Wednesday: Nothing.....maybe scrub the bathroom :grumble:
    Thursday: 60sec/30sec walk/run to a 5K (however long that may take)
    Friday: 30 min elliptical & 30 Day Shred
    Saturday: 60sec/30sec walk/run intervals to 5K, 30DS, Walk at the park (weather permitting)
    Sunday: 30DS, maybe 20 min on elliptical, walk at the park (weather permitting)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sara, great job on the 2.2 lbs...I think I will be able to get around 1.5 to 2 lbs; but, I have to kick it into high gear for the rest of the week...I don't think this will be a problem, I just have to do it

I think there are 9 weeks total in this challenge. I've given a breakdown of the game play. So, if you see any problems with them, let me know so we can make changes. So, here's the breakdown on the prizes for the weigh-in challenges:

April 4, 0.25 lb weight advantage (to be ADDED to your weight LOSS)
    April 11, 0.25 lb to give to any player of your choice (too be DEDUCTED from their weight LOSS)
    April 18, Trade a player
    April 25, Immunity for yourself
    May 2, Give immunity to someone of your choice
    May 9, Choose your reward except for immunity to yourself
    May 16, Change the weigh-in day, must be a weekday
    May 23, 0.25 lb weight advantage
    May 30, 0.25 lb to give to the other player

This should conclude our contest...I will mail the prize to the winning contestent when we are finished...I don't think I will need postage:bigsmile:
  • runner915
    Options
    Kim- those advantages sound good to me, although I hope I don't win on the days whe you have to give weight to other people, I will feel bad lol

Sara - now I am craving lasagna! and scrubbing the bathroom is definitely a workout!

Faith - I don't blame you, I would be doing the same exact thing if I had a surprise day off. Plus it is only wednesday so you have plenty of time to burn it all off.

You guys are doing awesome. We are definitely going to win this weigh-in.

The food is the hardest part for me especially because my roommate keeps a bag of Lay's chips on the counter and a giant, Sam's club tub of animal crackers. Everytime I go into the kitchen I have to fight the urge to grab a couple of each. I'm scared that once I start I won't be able to stop, so it's best that I don't have even one. I just wish she would put them away, or stop buying junk because she is trying to lose weight too. bllah.

anyway, here is my workout plan for the week

monday: 4 miles in 41:30 and stationary bike for 30 minutes
    Tuesday: stationary bike 60 minutes, 10 minutes lifting arms
    Wednesday: 5 miles and Insanity abs
    Thursday: Insanity cardio recovery and 4 mile run
    Friday: rest day, but maybe a little Wii yoga
    Saturday: 10 mile run, abs, and arms
    Sunday: 20 minutes elliptical, 20 minutes rowing, and 20 minutes bike
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I hear ya about the Lays... I love when you first open the bag and they are so fresh...I decided I am not buying anymore, I have no self control with those...It's not like you can just have one...you should see my log from yesterday, it was like a meal of those...they are needless to say, GONE at this time.

Oh, I'm not so sure about winning...I think we have some real competitors over there...BTW, found the SELF you were talking about and tore out all the recipies...thanks, Kim

I would hate to lose someone from our team already...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey team,

I've got my meals all planned out...it seems to be a carb-a-lious day...humf...oh, well, just need to burn them off

Going for 90 minutes of "movin' it"...I did the Comcast bellydancing and latin dance...20 minutes, boom, done...only 70 more to go...wishing it was sunny and warm to go outside

I think I am def holding water from sodium yesterday...legs are swollen from both the sodium and working.

Go :drinker: SLIMSTERS :drinker: Go
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Hey everyone - just checking in.

Gonna get my workout in tonight once the hubby gets home. Plan on doing walk/run intervals. Starting the 30 Day Shred tomorrow and C25k on Monday.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Plan for the week:

Monday, zippo
    Tuesday, zippo
    Wednesday, 37 minutes, HIIT & Kettlebells/8 hour work day
    Thursday, 80 minutes zumba & bellydancing

Friday, 90 minutes Birkham yoga
    Saturday, 1.5 hours of something
    Sunday, 30 minutes with a 12 hour work day

Goal: 360 minutes
    Total: 177

If the Slickster are watching this :glasses: I hope your nervous

Sara, I think the shred it a great HIIT workout for the time allotted

Tomorrow is the weekend, a difficult time for a lush...I think we are meeting some friends for apps and wine...so, it will not be a big drinking night...moderate, that's what I need to stick with...hoping I burn a lot at Birkham yoga since it's my first time.
  • runner915
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to check in and say to have a good Friday night and to stay tough! Monday morning will be here before we know it. Today is my rest day but I am going to do some yoga because I am feeling pretty sore. I was nervous about what I was going to eat today since I'm not at my own house and didn't really know what my options would be, but I think I did pretty well so far, and we are having baked fish for dinner. Kind of boring but at least it won't push me over my cals. I am just going to have to work hard not to snack on junk tonight!

Hope you all have a lovely night!
  • faithikins
    Options
    Damn competition, it's making me think twice, 3, 4 times about a bottle of wine tonight. :grumble: :explode: