excercises to get rid of back fat and hip fat????

Options
2»

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    Tiana thanks for sharing
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    whats a reverse fly !:embarassed:

Lay on a bench at and incline, a dumbbell in each hand hanging in front of you, a slight bend in your arms. Bring the weights up and out to the side, maintaining the same bend in your arms, while squeezing your shoulder blades together. You should be in an approximate "T" position at the top of the movement. Then lower your hands back down. This is one rep.
  • 123Jude
    123Jude Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i have the dumbells, but no bench! what could i use at home?
  • carolsohn
    carolsohn Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Cannot spot reduce, unfortunately. I asked the trainers at my gym the same question and they said watching your diet and cardio with strength training is the only way to do it. Old school but old school works!
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    everyone is right that you cannot singularly spot reduce. however in CONJUNCTION with ur diet and cardio exercise, you can see some helpful results with some specific exercises. again, if you do ONLY the exercises, you won't see any difference. lol...

the back are you are referring to is your "latissimus dorsi" muscles and the fat lying on top of it. google "latissimus dorsi exercises" for the most helpful descriptions and videos.

for your inner & outer hips/thighs, one of the single best exercises is rollerblading. a lot of people cannot rollerblade. so google "slide board exercises" and how to do it yourself at home in the kitchen. :)

good luck!
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    When I started Zumba, I knew it would be great cardio. I was afraid that I would have a problem with the target areas (back, stomach, arms). Zumba is definitely toning all areas. I have noticed a lot less haning over my bra straps.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    P90X
  • cmjba
    cmjba Posts: 4
    Options
    I think lunges are the best thing for hips .... not easy but great results! :happy:
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    i have the dumbells, but no bench! what could i use at home?

You can do it standing, bend at the waist and let the weights hang in front of you. Be sure to keep a flat back (think about sticking your butt up in the air... If you do Yoga, it's the "cow" part of the Cat-cow). Hold that same bend at your waist as you bring the weights up and out to the side. Don't bend at the hips for each repetition.