Skinny ppl at the gym

Options
anyone ever feel discouraged by the hot, skinny people at the gym. At my gym girls wear sport bras and spandex to workout. Im like really?!? I hate feeling like that when im supposed to feel motivated :(

Replies

• kirstinkrueger
    Options
    agreed :( It's discouraging. I always feel like people see me working out and judge me for being big, when in reality I am the one that needs the gym. She needs a burger ;) haha
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Why?
    They're living active healthy lifestyles and isn't that the future you.
    Instead of discouragement, you should feel motivated to change yourself around and become skinny.
    Isn't that what we're here for anyway?
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    :(
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Why?
    Instead of discouragement, you should feel motivated to change yourself around and become skinny.

Amen !!!!!
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Haha I know what you mean! I go to my college's on-campus gym and most of the girls put on a full face of makeup and shorts with their butts hanging out... the guys strut around with cut off t's checking everyone out... it's so ridiculous I just laugh to myself. It helps if you go with a friend that way you are focused on each other instead of everyone around you. or if you're on a machine try looking thru a magazine instead of looking at the people around you. Definitely easy to get discouraged by all the gym buffs, but if you keep at it soon enough you will see awesome results, and that's the best motivation :)
  • Leopardliz
    Leopardliz Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yea but i guess at the moment i dont see it
  • polrwht07
    polrwht07 Posts: 20
    Options
    No way dude. I see those people, and it's motivation. Like the first time I stepped on the scale. It wasn't a number I wanted to see, but it got my motor running so hard.
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Just don't focus on them...or if you do use it for motivation! Those girls never use to bother me when I went to a gym...most of the time I never really focused on them because I just went in, got my workout on, and left! Everyone in there is working to be healthy regardless of what they are rockin' :) So just focus on health...not their little outfits!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    The last two days I've been working out at a Gold's Gym (first time) and I'm fairly certain that it's more about a fashion show for some people in there. Who in the heck needs to wear a fitted baseball cap, cocked to the side, while running on the treadmill, with no socks, shoes untied and on top of it all...they aren't even running shoes.

I wasn't impressed with this specific Gold's Gym, I'm sure there are nice ones out there. Places like the Hollywood 24 Hour Fitness, some guys go there particularly on their cutting cycles to show their bodies off. When they are bulking they'll work out at other gyms...why? Because everyone knows all the hotties go to Hollywood 24 Hr. Fitness.

What a wold some folks live in.
  • Leopardliz
    Leopardliz Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank u gpoitras! Thats what i meant i guess i should have been more specific. It seems like ppl go to the gym to hang out and look good not work out. The gym is somewhere u can be smelly and sweaty without feeling judged. Especially for a big girl like me. When girls how up with their hair done and make up. It seems like my comfort level is lowered
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hair and makeup at the gym is a big no-no.:noway:
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    You know what -- I used to be embarrased about how fat I am ... or how out of place I look. But slowly but surely I am looking more and more like I belong.
    People used to stare at me on the treadmill when I ran ... now people only stare when I do sprints... progress I guess! :)
    I hope no one ever looks at me and thinks I dont belong there... I am proud of where I have come from and I want to motivate the world!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    As someone who likes to wear sport bras and stretch pants to the gym (and has earned glares for it), I must say that going to the gym in fitting clothes that show my muscles motivates me and helps me keep my core contracted. Occasionally I will even wear makeup. But it's not cause I'm not serious about working out, it's BECAUSE I am. It's not to make people further from goal feel bad. However, I do feel my heart sink a little when someone fitter/skinnier than me shows up in skimpy gym clothes. :grumble:
  • tobitude
    tobitude Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling about that though, I get mixed reaction to my riding a bike. I imagine them saying that "wow she is to big to be riding a bike", and then I have actually had a few people tell me that seeing me on my bike everyday has convinced them that if i can do it so can they. I just remind myself I am not there for them I am there for me!!!!!!
  • itsjen516
    itsjen516 Posts: 86
    Options
    what bother me r the people that show off and wear like 1000 pounds of make up to gym
    kike really! come on now :grumble:
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    As someone who likes to wear sport bras and stretch pants to the gym (and has earned glares for it), I must say that going to the gym in fitting clothes that show my muscles motivates me and helps me keep my core contracted. Occasionally I will even wear makeup. But it's not cause I'm not serious about working out, it's BECAUSE I am. It's not to make people further from goal feel bad. However, I do feel my heart sink a little when someone fitter/skinnier than me shows up in skimpy gym clothes. :grumble:

I like this
  • nurse_lisa2008
    Options
    I so agree with you on that. When I see that is just makes me feel disgusted about myself and I don't stay there like I need to.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I'm happy working out in a military gym. I felt dirty going to Gold's Gym. I couldn't have showered sooner! haha
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That's why i go to a women's only gym - ( it's not the curve ") - this gym is for all ages and there is a real mix of all generations- so no one feels " not belonging " there . .. No guys allowed so the girls that picked this type of gym are there for the " work out " part .. we don't worry about how we look or how someone else is looking at us. No guys to impress or show of for.. or to look at you . I think i can focus better without the guys arround.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Why?

Agreed!! She needs a burger? Wow.