Eating peanut butter every day . . .

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I have to hide the PB cause my son will sit down and eat it with a spoon! haha

my mom does this!
  • stred321
    stred321 Posts: 48
    Options
    replace the bread with apple slices....THE BOMB!!! :-) at least once in awhile. :) i too, love the butter, but use almond instead.

I have that as my snack most days with a tble spoon of PB!! I cant see how a tablespoon would be bad for you??
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    My sister, who is a total gym rat and in crazy good shape, eats pb like they're gonna stop making it. When she was here visiting, it took her a few days to go through a jar of it. Doesn't seem to hurt her.
  • etpx3
    etpx3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    celery and peanut butter<3
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    What is with Americans and peanut butter?! I am not complaining, I think it's funny. I don't know anyone at all who eats peanut butter in real life (in the UK), it just isn't a common part of most people's diet. In fact, the only people I know who ate it as children were American!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Try Almond butter see how you like that, it's much better for you than peanutt butter. But if not, use the natural kind without tons of sugar, it's pretty close to Jiffy, and after awhile you won't even miss the kind loaded with sugar.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    What is with Americans and peanut butter?! I am not complaining, I think it's funny. I don't know anyone at all who eats peanut butter in real life (in the UK), it just isn't a common part of most people's diet. In fact, the only people I know who ate it as children were American!

Jimmy Carter :smile:

Do you guys (think y'all) eat any kind of nut butter over on that side of the pond? And what the heck is a scone anyway. :smile:
  • newbeautifulme
    Options

But do you know a lot of people who eat Nutella?

I love peanut butter also! I buy PB2 and it is really good! Order it from Netrition.com because they have $4.95 flat rate shipping and it is less expensive then from the manufacturer. PB2 also has a chocolate flavor! The great thing about PB2 is that it doesn't have tons of additives. The ingredients are: Roasted peanuts, sugar & salt. And it tastes good!
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously going to have to try almond butter...I also love peanut butter, not quite as much as some, but it's soooo good! When I was with my ex we'd have to buy those giant tubs w/ the handles bc between him and his little girls they would devour it! And he begged me to make him his pb&j everyday for work bc I loaded them up, he said mine were MUCH better than his, really? A pb&j can't really get messed up! I think it's one of the best comfort foods there is!
  • FlashBang
    FlashBang Posts: 136
    Options
    I am a bit notorious for my attitude that there is no bad food. I will eat anything, at least once. I love PB, used to eat it everyday. I hear, especially from this guy, http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/, that nuts, especially PB are inflammatory. I have switched to homemade almond butter ( 30 g ground salted almonds , 21 g honey, 1 g olive oil). Do not know for sure if it has made a difference but I am getting to be an old man and have my share of inflammatory whining. Peanuts do contain a mold that you can see if you shell your own, I have stopped eating shelled peanuts even though I love them so since I am very allergic to mold. Mr. Greenfield now is saying that all nuts have some inflammatory properties. So, everything in moderation, some everyday should not be a problem, but pay attention to your body. Experiment.

I am not a nutritionist and I do not play one on message boards.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Well, this is a fun subject! I LOVE peanut butter. I most times will buy one and get one free of the LARGE Jif! I hide one, and it is just me and my husband, so that I can spoon it whenever I want (which can be daily) ! The fun part is I am allergic to peanuts!! Yep!! I keep my Epi pen close when I eat lots of it But I could eat it for every meal and for every snack!! It can fattening but I have to say that I would work out extra calories just to eat some!!Shelia
  • Taras630
    Taras630 Posts: 85
    Options
    At the end of the day if I have not consumed enough calories I will take a spoonfull and sit down with it like a popcicle! :happy: yummyyyy

I do the same thing too! Lol
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have some in my oats every morning!!, makes them so much more bearable!! lol

I would just make sure you get PB with no added sugar, some of them have over 15g of sugar per 100g!!, the one I use has under 4g per 100g and as long as its in moderation there is nothing to worry about in my opinion.
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my PB!!! I would probably say that I have some in some form everyday!. Its a good source of protein and keeps me full for a long time. I am very good at keeping track of the portions though so I can make sure I don't eat all of my cals for the day in PB...
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the peanut butter. And.. what is a fluffernutter?
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I am UK and was brought up snacking on peanut butter all the time! I recently got back into it a a pre gym snack but I have the no sugar variety and spread it thinly on 3 water biscuits or oat cakes which isnt that calorific...
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Life is too short for me to give up my JIF. I've let go of many things in my life to better myself, but I ain't givin' up my JIF. Not no way not no how! Put'em up! Put'em up!
  • kimiel
    kimiel Posts: 108
    Options
    I don't think one tablespoons woud hurt every day! It is a healthy fat also!

3662508.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I also eat peanut butter everyday! The most important part is to make sure it's natural peanut butter. Forget the low fat stuff...natural peanut butter contains nothing more than peanuts--a very healthy food. It is recommended by many heart-conscience diets (i.e. the Mediterranean diet) to eat 1 oz of nut each day, which equals 2 tbsp of nut butter. So, I try to keep it in check by eating no more than that. I put 2 tsp in my oatmeal every morning (sometimes a whole tbsp) and then I have another 2 tsp right out of the jar as a snack before bed! Love it!!
  • kimiel
    kimiel Posts: 108
    Options
    I'm all about the peanut butter. And.. what is a fluffernutter?
    It's peanut butter and marshmallow creme on a sandwich!!

3662508.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter