Eating peanut butter every day . . .

Options

Replies

• kalia87
    kalia87 Posts: 30
    Options
    I LOVE smart balance PB sooooo much i can not buy it. I asked my roommate who likes it to please hide it from me. but i keep finding it when a craving hits. IDK what to do I personally dont like consuming it every day when im dieting but its hard to just have it one day, bc then i want to eat the whole jar. some days are better then others. I need to join a a support group for those trying to quit PB :)
  • emmascott
    emmascott Posts: 249
    Options
    UK here and I'm seriously addicted to the stuff! Spoon and jar type addicted! Lol

I have been having for a treat after the gym in the evenings, one of the small slices wholemeal toast with a tbsp almond butter. Love it, but not as much as pb - oh god, I gotta get me some now!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the peanut butter. And.. what is a fluffernutter?

Soooo yummy! You have to try one sometime if you have the extra calories to spare! Peanut butter and marshmallow cream.... yum... sometimes a small squirt of chocolate syrup... it's almost like eating a s'more or a snickers bar... wow, i'm drooling just thinking about it... I don't eat peanut butter much though because even though I like it it does NOT like me.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I love PB too! And it is my go to food when I have extra calories left, after I run a 5K, when I'm feeling down, etc... I especially love it with mayo! But only if I have LOTS of calories left..:)
  • StephanieBFree
    StephanieBFree Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know peanut butter is not as popular over in Europe (The Real World?) as it is in North America but I happen to love it. I have 1 tbsp of Kraft peanut butter smooth on whole wheat toast every night as part of my nighttime snack. I always add it to my diary at the start of the day so I work my calories and exercise around it. I know it sounds crazy but I eat very healthy. I make all my meals, eat lots of fruit and vegetables and don't eat processed foods very often. This is my way of rewarding myself for my hard work through the day and to me it is worth it.

Good luck and remember this journey is not only about losing weight, it is about treating yourself well and getting both your body and mind into a place that you are really happy with it.

Cheers
    Stephanie
  • SHIRLEYW02
    Options
    I LOVE PB -JIFFY IS MY FAVORITE:happy:
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Smuckers All Natural Peanut Butter and Maranatha Almond Butter have replaced all of the junky food I used to eat. I eat 1-3 TB per day of it and always stay under on all of my numbers. I love it!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    i had a roommate that loved peanut butter so much, but ended up having high cholesterol from it.

Your roommate did not get high cholesterol from Peanut butter.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I have 1-2 Tbsp every day. As long as you're making your numbers, it's fine.
  • baseballelmo
    Options
    Dark chocolate almond butter is my new favorite "sweet"!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I love nut butter...wait, does that sound right?

*Reads aloud*

Uhhh....I'm opening a potential backlash, but nonetheless, my statement remains true to a strict dietary sense.

inb4spermcaloriejoke
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    replace the bread with apple slices....THE BOMB!!! :-) at least once in awhile. :) i too, love the butter, but use almond instead.

Agree, and melt the peanut butter in the microwave first and dip the apple slices I have this at least 5 times a week. ~180 calories.

holy hell i have never thought of doing that!!! i eat apples n PB 3 times a week.. I AM SO TRYIN THAT!!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options

*Reads aloud*

Uhhh....I'm opening a potential backlash, but nonetheless, my statement remains true to a strict dietary sense.

inb4spermcaloriejoke

i love a good nut here n there.... mmmm..:laugh:
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options

*Reads aloud*

ahahah! LMAO! Nice.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

*Reads aloud*

inb4spermcaloriejoke

i love a good nut here n there.... mmmm..:laugh:

C'mere can. LOL.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    i'm a PB addict - have at least 1 tbsp every day. just got introduced to smuckers natural - OMG YUM!!!!!!!!!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    i had a roommate that loved peanut butter so much, but ended up having high cholesterol from it. so just be careful with those kinds of numbers. and they actually have this: http://bellplantation.com/ !

no cholesterol in Peanut Butter and in fact it is loaded with the healthier kind of fats (unsaturated and polyunsaturated) so it may help lower your bad cholesterol level (LDL cholesterol)
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I loooove peanutbutter, it's the only thing I eat on toast. I would have this most mornings, 2 slices of wholemeal toast with some peanutbutter (I won't lash it on now, just a thin little layer).
    Nothing wrong with it, good fats is what I'm telling myself!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    replace the bread with apple slices....THE BOMB!!! :-) at least once in awhile. :) i too, love the butter, but use almond instead.

Agree, and melt the peanut butter in the microwave first and dip the apple slices I have this at least 5 times a week. ~180 calories.

OMG!! I'm eating the melted peanut butter on apples right now and its so yummy. I have found another snack thanks to the both of u!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I have a special present for you. Powdered peanut butter. http://www.bellplantation.com/ more than half the calories.